Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I was at gamestop looking for a new game for my original xbox...when PSO popped out...it looked interesting so I bought it. Been a big fan ever since.
    PSO:BB - Shelburz - 3x EXP server GM

Started playing PSO (ver 1) on DreamCast on release day and been going with every version since. My wife started on the PSO Xbox version.

I dont play on PC, so i don't know how/if we willl play PSO 2.

friend made me play pso for gamecube loved it play it all the time now

I was first captivated by the previews in whatever Dreamcast magazine I was reading in those days, bought PSO version 1 on release day and fell in love. There was something very special about those early days online, it was a whole new experience playing with people from across the globe.
    I've played many online games since those times, but nothing has touched it as far as I'm concerned.

IMO Phantasy Star Online was a bold, visionary and global experience. Something I feel Sega and Sonic Team drifted away from in follow-up titles, especially PSU. The global thing was all part of the PSO magic.

Hopefully.... PSO2 will bring that all back again and it turn out a great experience for Phantasy Star fans across the world.

Quote Originally Posted by VangardCaptainZero View Post
    when i was playing the gamecube pso ep 1&2 then i played the dreamcast one and i was hooked on pso eversince.
    Same here though mine was gamecube. I was still in high school, played mostly solo offline and i'd say 1/3 my total playtime on my main with my bro's in splitscreen. Good times.

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Played PSO on dreamcast then took alot of time playing the PSU beta. After that I've been playing any and every PS game I could play lol

Played PSO on the Dreamcast, a friend told me it was coming out and we actually reserved are copies knowing that this was the first time a MMORPG was Gonna be on a console, we just didn't know how big it was gonna be. And now years later here I am Excited waiting the PSO 2 english release... just as i did years ago.
    MY Rig: 2600K Sandy Brige, Gigabyte Ud7 Motherboard, 2 Geforce GTX580 in SLI Mode, 8 gigs Ramm

My first Phantasy Star was PSO on the Dreamcast (The japanese release). Then I got the US version, which was the first one I played online. That would be followed by the original Phantasy Star re-releases starting with Phantasy Star 1 and the Xbox version of PSO. Those were my starts, but by far, not the only ones I got.

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sammickk View Post
    Played PSO on the Dreamcast, a friend told me it was coming out and we actually reserved are copies knowing that this was the first time a MMORPG was Gonna be on a console, we just didn't know how big it was gonna be. And now years later here I am Excited waiting the PSO 2 english release... just as i did years ago.
    why wait the english patch is out and lots of English speaking players play it

I got introduced to Phantasy Star Online Ep.1 & 2 on the XBOX1 back around in 2003 or so. It was a present that I got in X-mas as a "starter" game with like 3 others.