Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shade_Koopa View Post
    PSZ still shines as it a more of sequel of PSO then PSU was. Granted PSZ doesn't have alot of content like PSO was but it has it Ups too.
    Too true. To me, it feels like a ''blast from the past'' time-paradox-of-a-prequel. Almost the way it would look like if a PSO game had ever been released on the Sega Saturn... a HANDHELD Sega Saturn! Ah, how that would be nice... drifting off-topic.

My only problem with PSZ is the console it's on. My love for PSZ is there, no doubt, but if I was to describe my experience in one line it would be "you don't leave PSZ, PSZ leaves you with broken L and R buttons after a mere 200 hours (if you're lucky)."

And of all buttons, those were the ones I was the most careful given how feeble I thought they were the moment I tried them out on day 1. I guess the DSi turned out to be the worst version of DS to grab for PSZ.

They are such a bitch to repair too. I'll probably have to open my DSi AGAIN, this time to struggle with the R button. And the only way I found to ''fix'' them isn't even that great. Makes them work 7 out of 10 times... well... I guess that's better than 1 out of 20 attempts/never.

I have just ordered a game cube and all i need to get back into it because i love the game so much! Canny wait to get back on it x

For the main one, the rules are a lot more relaxed on Gamecube. If you're worried about the harsh BB rules, that won't be a concern if you're on Gamecube.

The person that said BB is just like Gamecube is quite incorrect. A lot of modifications have been made to BB, so much so that you can hardly call it PSO anymore. BB there is now basically a different game that kind of looks like PSO, but isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Capn_Nostrus View Post
    Man, I'd love to find a good server that isn't the main one. I dunno who all still plays on Gamecube though, not a BB fan.

Gamecube is still able to go online via private servers. So if you're itching to take your Gamecube character for a spin in an online enviornment that option still exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Krank32oz View Post
    Dude i bet there are some really sweet pso tattoo's. The game has some awesome artwork that could be used very well. And for playing pso still. I would much rather play GC version over BB but playing online is what makes this game great and you cant do that with GameCube anymore.
    Last edited by Cranberry; Mar 22, 2012 at 10:11 AM.

is obama a great president

*asks on a pro obama forum*

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberry View Post
    For the main one, the rules are a lot more relaxed on Gamecube. If you're worried about the harsh BB rules, that won't be a concern if you're on Gamecube.

The person that said BB is just like Gamecube is quite incorrect. A lot of modifications have been made to BB, so much so that you can hardly call it PSO anymore. BB there is now basically a different game that kind of looks like PSO, but isn't.
    no... it is very much still pso. if an epv was released by your logic it would not be pso? pso plays exactly the same on bb with a few items added. if you play pso like most people for all intents and purposes it is the same thing. by the way, it's a logical extension of pso gc, so i'll point out that bb is gc w/ items and another area
    Last edited by 9898; Mar 22, 2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: clarification

I'm more talking about the custom patches and modifications that have been added on the private server. It's been modified so much from how Sega designed it, that it's not really Blue Burst anymore.

It's sort of like if you take Super Mario Brothers, do a bunch of ROM hacks to change how things work, and then put it out. It kind of looks like Mario Brothers, but it's not the same game.

the base gameplay is still identical, i really fail to see why it matters to %99 of players. and the game balance is still pretty much identical to the original version, with hunters still ahead of rangers, then forces. even the gameplay flow with what weapons you use is identical, only the names have change. still very much pso. i think a critical difference you fail to mention with rom hacks is that the base gameplay has not changed. by your logic the version of gc you play with custom quests is not the same game. i choose not to care about a slippery slope like this (this is the same thing that leads to dreaded legit / illegit ridiculousness) and look at the basic gameplay.
    Last edited by 9898; Mar 22, 2012 at 04:54 PM.

My biggest complaint is they've changed so much of how things work. Things like releasing the lock on things that aren't supposed to be comboing, increasing the technique boosts by drastic amounts, changing how many materials characters are able to use, changing the statistics of many items, or adding entirely new ones in that are quite overpowered. I feel that this has gone too far, and it really has changed the very way the game is played. I feel that is quite a difference to the core gameplay.

To go with my rom hack example, it would sort of be like adding a machine gun into Mario Brothers that lets you blow away anything in front of you. Such a thing changes the very way the game plays.

While I know that online games get updates and such, I feel the private server has gone too far.

The difference with Gamecube and custom quests is that it's adding new content without changing the very core of the game. (I wasn't in favor of the custom quests that handed out things like Red ring and level 30 techs and stuff like that). But I don't feel new content such as new quests (that don't hand you the games rarest items on a silver platter) breaks tradition or signifies a drastic change.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberry View Post
    My biggest complaint is they've changed so much of how things work. Things like releasing the lock on things that aren't supposed to be comboing, increasing the technique boosts by drastic amounts, changing how many materials characters are able to use, changing the statistics of many items, or adding entirely new ones in that are quite overpowered. I feel that this has gone too far, and it really has changed the very way the game is played. I feel that is quite a difference to the core gameplay, simply what you do with these core options / character roles has expanded, but has not encroached on others.

To go with my rom hack example, it would sort of be like adding a machine gun into Mario Brothers that lets you blow away anything in front of you. Such a thing changes the very way the game plays.

While I know that online games get updates and such, I feel the private server has gone too far.

The difference with Gamecube and custom quests is that it's adding new content without changing the very core of the game. (I wasn't in favor of the custom quests that handed out things like Red ring and level 30 techs and stuff like that). But I don't feel new content such as new quests (that don't hand you the games rarest items on a silver platter) breaks tradition or signifies a drastic change.
    combo unlocks have added a significant amount of depth to the choice pool of what to use in what situation, while in gc there are comparatively few relevant options in a similar situation. you still use vulcs / lk etc for single dps, you still use arms etc for multi target and you still use a weapon for cleanup, and forces still have their basic gameplay flow retained. nothing has been disrupted in terms of core gameplay.

see my above example as a rebuttle to your second point.

while these may be your personal feelings ( nothing wrong with this), objectively the game is still pso in the most abstract and practical senses
    Last edited by 9898; Mar 22, 2012 at 06:02 PM.

I'm acknowledging your post.

I just don't agree with the statement. I do think the changes have significantly affected the game so much that it's not Sega's PSOBB anymore, its now some fan-hack PSOBB Special Private Server edition.

I've already explained my view, and I really don't have more that I wish to add. Thank you for arguing respectfully. It's refreshing to see someone post their disagreement with me without resorting to flames and insults.
    Last edited by Cranberry; Mar 22, 2012 at 08:21 PM.

you may have not more to add, but i'm curious: how do you feel not having an ultimate character adds/ subtracts to the accuracy of these opinions. this isn't intended as a veiled ad hominem assault, but an inquiry regarding the degree to which you can accurately asses game changes that a player has not had first hand experience with.
    Last edited by 9898; Mar 23, 2012 at 11:25 PM.