Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Peejay View Post
    This makes me want to slap you. Really, it does. I'm not going to listen to some crazy Right-wing crap about a game that ultimately is dead. I've been watching the private servers and tried out a handful, went and took a look at ALL of them.

Let me tell you when the last updates were made for most.

-two years ago-

If that's active, I hate to see what you think is Inactive. You'd probably be talking about Ragnarok Online, which, for some bizarre reason, is actually still being actively developed. I mean, they even pushed a new homunculus system with catgirls out last year and the servers are catching up on that, and developing their own bloody patches to keep things lively and fresh.

The best part is RO and PSO are around the same age, and you want to call the original PSO, while it was originally good, successful?

Also, a lot of people going into PSO2 withdrawal? Went to BB, because it's the closest thing to PSO2 that doesn't completely suck.

Feel free to call me out on any of this. I'd love to have a chuckle at your implications that I could actually care about more than three people on this entire place.
    can you tell me how a game is "ultimately dead" when it received updates this christmas and still has hundreds of players on at any given time? also, updates /=/ server activity.

also, not sure where i used successful, i ctrl f'd. "glory years" "successful" are all pretty relative terms anyway, obviously pso is a niche game in the end, and at this point bb (and probably pso2, btw bb was never as successful as v2 /1, protip) won't emulate the success (in this case success, no mater how short lived is an appropriate term given the server population) of the dreamcast games. then again those only received a few updates, so in your opinion a game with tens of thousands of people on is "inactive" by your definition.

''hundreds of players on at any given time''

You can't be serious. I've checked two private servers. Both of them have anywhere from 20-30 people on including peak times. I've checked a 3rd private server, which is the one considered the most popular. And even for that place, it has anywhere from 129-180 people. That is no where near ''hundreds of players'' XD. And on ''that popular'' server, you will find around 5 ultimate games tops! And again, playing on the weekends still doesn't help. It's so dead there you could be waiting 15 minutes till someone finally joins your game.

try 220+ at any given time, 300+ on weekends and 500+ during events

cranberry has a very unscientific population study you can look at, but that doesn't really give you a real idea of how many people play.

i have never had problems getting an ultimate game going, but i have a group of friends i can play with. your inability to make friends /=/ the lack of ultimate games. i think throughout pso's history there have never been blocks full of ult games tbqh. you also may be unfortunate enough to not live in the correct time zone to play the game. or maybe you don't want to stay up to play. regardless, the game is alive and fine without you. not like the game needs people like you in the first place, to be honest.

edit: 215 on atm, not including gamecubers and v2ers (which is like what 5-10 people)
    Last edited by 9898; Jun 12, 2012 at 11:23 PM.

I think he just made a pun about TTF and none got it.

Quote Originally Posted by 9898 View Post
    try 220+ at any given time, 300+ on weekends and 500+ during events

cranberry has a very unscientific population study you can look at, but that doesn't really give you a real idea of how many people play.

i have never had problems getting an ultimate game going, but i have a group of friends i can play with. your inability to make friends /=/ the lack of ultimate games. i think throughout pso's history there have never been blocks full of ult games tbqh. you also may be unfortunate enough to not live in the correct time zone to play the game. or maybe you don't want to stay up to play. regardless, the game is alive and fine without you. not like the game needs people like you in the first place, to be honest.

edit: 215 on atm, not including gamecubers and v2ers (which is like what 5-10 people)
    lmfao, whatever you say. I'll let someone else handle this, don't feel like feeding obvious bait anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Anadventurer View Post
    lmfao, whatever you say. I'll let someone else handle this, don't feel like feeding obvious bait anymore.
    *Walks into thread*

http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...-gifs-nope.gif
    Last edited by Ryoki; Jun 13, 2012 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anadventurer View Post
    well no one else is posting, i think you should enlighten us all. or will you take a laissez-faire approach and label anything you can't provide a rational argument against "a troll"?
    Last edited by 9898; Jun 16, 2012 at 03:19 AM.

While an update on the population topic hasn't been posted for a while, I have still been keeping the numbers. (The removal of edit abilities has made it hard to keep up the topic). The most popular private server tends to have between 150 - 200 people on it at 9AM pacific time, which is when I check the numbers.

This number goes up and down throughout the day. At the busier times it tends to be around 200 people.

It remains to be seen what affect PSO2 will have on the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberry View Post
    While an update on the population topic hasn't been posted for a while, I have still been keeping the numbers. (The removal of edit abilities has made it hard to keep up the topic). The most popular private server tends to have between 150 - 200 people on it at 9AM pacific time, which is when I check the numbers.

This number goes up and down throughout the day. At the busier times it tends to be around 200 people.

It remains to be seen what affect PSO2 will have on the population.

I'm hoping to add on a few more members, but sadly will not be associated with any of those team factions currently active.....

GC Plus will be an every day event for me starting next weekend
    “Humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a country.”
    http://twitter.com/#!/layfette0911

I set up a private PSOBB server for my kids today and they are LOVING it!!! My oldest son used to play PSO on my GameCube years ago and now all three kids can play together on their own pcs which is great. That gives each child 4 character slots and their own signins (so no fighting lol)
    Last edited by VioletSkye; Jun 17, 2012 at 05:48 PM.