Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

I know that, it's why I want it to be separate from the online play it'd be weird if we had another story mode where you had to be online but alone.

Well, PSU wasnt any better. The offline mode was just not matched with online mode so its impossible to grant a permannent backup once the servers shut down. Finally there is nothing left, unless i made some screenshots.. thats it.

The Offline Mode at PSU was just a rather short story mode, and its in no way able to match online mode at gameplay. So many people barely touched it. Sure, its nice to have short story mode but its not a backup at all, nor a real offline mode because once the story is over its pretty much done.. there is no evolution. The only time we was able to backup, is at PSO V.1/V.2 and EP 2. I hope they will figure out something else, however, you never know.

But, PSO kinda isnt a continued work as such, it will die and raise itself in a new form of life, so PSO is kinda like buddhistic view. I still would enjoy to have some kind of memory of my "previous life", but thats finally up to SEGA...
    Last edited by Xenobia; Mar 15, 2012 at 08:24 PM.

Hunter of the Mighty Cake Caerik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    Umm...

This game DOES have a story mode.

And they talked about doing the voice acting in the story for all of the different voice's our custom characters can have. Whether it'll be better or worse than PSU's story mode I don't know.

What I AM hoping is that story mode will be multiplayer/co-op. It felt weird in PSU where you had to go online to play new story missions, but it was still 1 player.
    Hmm I didn't know of the story mode for this. A story in an MMO usually makes me smile.

Edit: A good story mode I mean.

i would hope vita and stuff has offline mode like yes as some said freemode in universe or infinity like BAM [build a mission] for offline that you unlock while online and have the charactors seperated no data mixing or anything so if hacked chractors offline cant mess with online ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaton View Post
    i would hope vita and stuff has offline mode like yes as some said freemode in universe or infinity like BAM [build a mission] for offline that you unlock while online and have the charactors seperated no data mixing or anything so if hacked chractors offline cant mess with online ones.
    Not gonna happen... >.>

Sorry, man.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

If they do seperate the Vita version's servers, they COULD have an offline mode.

But not if it still shared the same character data.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Colaya View Post
    Not gonna happen... >.>

Sorry, man.
    This ^
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

I heard that you might be able to solo with NPCs. Im hoping its similar to how it is in Infinity. I would love to play with NPCs that are characters I made. I think that would be pretty cool once in a while.

Are people really getting upset its online only? Playing PSO offline is the worst unless you are doing couch co-op and even then the online just made this game was it is. I mean npcs might be fun but you would still have to be connected online correct?

Yes you are correct sir. NPCs on-line.