Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default New weapon, mag, and lobby info(updated pics)

Through various interviews we’ve long known that new weapon classes we’re going to be added into the game. For those who have read up on datamining of Alpha test clients would already know what weapon classes are hidden deep inside the data. But today we have our first confirmations to these weapon types. This was posted within Famitsu’s PSO2 Beta Test article, which Shougai summarized.

New Weapon Class: Partizan

Hunter Exclusive
    Quick Attack
    Wide area attack
    It has a special action called “舞い twirl?” (We’re not quite sure in what way the move actually looks like.) this speeds up your gear which eventually makes it likely that you’ll release some kind of forward shockwave.

New Weapon Class: Launcher

Rangers Exclusive
    A heavyweight high power shooting weapon
    You hold this gun beside the body like PSU’s Grenade Launcher.
    Wide range blast.

New Weapon Class: Talis

Force Exclusive
    Throw cards to directly hit the enemy
    Throw cards and a technic is fired off from the card.
    *You could throw a card at a party member and make it cast resta)
    *You could throw a card in the sky and cast a wider range Razonde technic

Mags

Mags have photon blasts
    When a mag does a photon blast it changes into a “幻獣” mythical beast.
    For example, it can change into something resembling a unicorn.
    The player can act freely during a photon blast too.

Lobby

The Arks lobby has been renovated.
    In the center there’s a elevator that transports you between 2 floors.
    The upper level is called the Gate Area where you can receive quests.
    The lower level is the shop area and rest area.
    Shougai says the lobby is reminiscent of PSO ep2 Lab area.

source: http://bumped.org/psublog/
    Last edited by eclipsXe; Mar 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Updated with pics!

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Man cards sound awesome, I'll definitely be making one of my guys a force with that weapon in mind... Throwing cards like ninja stars or something, or making them blow up into techs, Or as long as they're as cool as Ace's cards. (Type-0)

Partizan and launcher though... meh. Not to my tastes unless they're pulling out scythes.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    Man cards sound awesome, I'll definitely be making one of my guys a force with that weapon in mind... Throwing cards like ninja stars or something, or making them blow up into techs, Or as long as they're as cool as Ace's cards. (Type-0)

Partizan and launcher though... meh. Not to my tastes unless they're pulling out scythes.
    I'd count on at least one scythe or two showing up, even if they don't get their own weapon class. After all, Soul Reaper is one of PSO's many iconic weapons.

I agree with Cards. They could make for interesting scenarios, especially with Resta and other area-of-effect techniques. Maybe they'll be able to heal Hunters from a safe distance now? Perhaps Rabarta from a distance? That'd be pretty awesome.

I wonder how they'll handle Launchers. They could take the PSU route and give the projectiles a trajectory, or they could take PSO's approach to Launchers and make the projectiles fire in a straight line. Or maybe "wide range blast" suggests burst fire and they'd be kinda like PSO's Shots.

Actually, if they worked like the from Super Smash Bros. Brawl, then that would be pretty awesome.
    Last edited by Mega Ultra Chicken; Mar 14, 2012 at 03:41 PM.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

So from I'm reading, lances will have both quick stabs, and slower AoE swings? So it's a combination of PSO partisans and PSU spears then? And only hunters can use it? I think my dream came true.

Cards sound awesome this time around, too. It reminds me of, um, stereotypical priestess evil wards. Thrown at demons and possessed people to cause damage or seal evil. These things will release spells, though. Hell, that sounds awesome! Sounds like it was a pain to program, though.

Mags sound awesome, too. From the sounds of it, an equipable item with no stat boosts, but summons a powerful NPC partner after being charged? Sounds great for customization options, if you can customize what mag model you'll be using, and what beast it turns into. Here's hoping for sea serpents!

Fine, I'll say it. Everything sounds awesome. Everything here, awesome. I can't wait to see them implemented in the game.

What..the..hell...

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SELENNA View Post

What..the..hell...
    I dunno I'm not complaining about teaming up with my mag while it turns into a badass beast thing...

A unicorn doesn't sound as bad as a giant alien moose, either.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Not sure how I feel about launchers until I see it in action.
    Cards seem like they have the potential to be a great force weapon though.

I will be definitely be using Partisan when I get around to using a hunter since I like lance weapons.^_^
    Last edited by D-Gold; Mar 14, 2012 at 04:20 PM.

PSO2 D-Gold(Caseal) Reina (Duman) Ship 2

I sure hope Partisan's "dance" isn't replacing its ability to Guard. That would be the worst thing in the world for me.

Cards sound really tight now though. A JA tech build is looking a lot more viable and much more fun to play.
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Unicorns aren't so bad. Just think back to FFX's Ixion.

I'm kinda realizing I'm not seeing much info on launchers. Of course, I love big guns on rangers. They're a PS staple since the first game. So hopefully they'll be as badass as we've seen.

*sees Partisans* Nice, good to see em
    *sees Launcher* Meh, don't care either way, the launchers in PSU were fun too. (Even if everyone used Song for Death since it was so common and had solid stats)
    *sees Talis* Hell yes. Being able to throw a card and make a tech come out? I like the description. Being able to cast resta on a distant point gives FOs something to counter shorter range on Resta. I wonder if we could use it to cast linear stuff like Barta from different points (Like, throw to the side, have the barta shot shoot out towards the other side, to make it sweep across a horizontal line instead of the normal vertical one)? They might finally make cards unique enough to be worth using... because I really like the stuff stated there.
    Coming Soon!