Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Default Post α2 requests, gallery updates, and blog

The official website was updated with the results of the requests sent in during the second alpha. In addition, there has been a new gallery section opened for the new lobby and mags! The screenshot gallery has also been updated with some of the images from this week's Famitsu. There's also a letter from Sakai on the "after" page. He says, among other things, that the closed beta will proceed on schedule. Additionally, there will be a second media briefing similar to the first (if you remember that) at the end of March.

Battle & Quest Related

Request: There's too much lag.
    Response: We lessend the amount of lag with updates over the testing of the second alpha but it's impossible to completely remove it.

Request: I never met anyone in a Multi-party area (MPA) and would like you to make it easier to find other parties.
    Response: The quest counter's menu wasn't the easiest thing to understand so we've changed it so that as long you don't actively turn the feature off, it should be easier to encounter other parties in MPAs.

Request: The starter enemies were too strong.
    Response: We've balanced the enemies so that beginners can play without being stressed.

Request: Solo-play is too hard.
    Response: We've balanced the game so that it wont be unbalanced for solo players and small parties. You'll also be able to bring along NPCs like previous Phantasy Stars to help keep the difficulty down.

Request: I think it's a problem that you can grind for levels and items in a single area by using PSEs.
    Response: We've changed the effects, duration, and chance to appear on PSEs so they won't unbalance the game.

Request: There was an Emergency Trial where enemies would continuously spawn and made it easy to level up. Please add a limit to the amount of enemies that spawn.
    Response: This was a bug and it has been fixed.

Request: The quests felt like they were too long so I'd like smaller maps.
    Response: We've adjusted the game so that the average quest map is smaller and takes less time to clear than before.

Request: I'd like bosses to drop boxes like they did in previous Phantasy Star series.
    Response: We've changed it so that containers appear after a boss has been defeated and "boss drops" will appear from these containers.

Request: There should be more meaning to destroying parts of enemies.
    Response: Destroying parts of boss enemies will cause extra containers to spawn after the boss is defeated.

Request: I'd like the "quest clear" music to finish after returning to the camp ship.
    Response: The music will return to normal music after the results screen has been displayed.

Request: Grinders and synthesizers cheapen the feel of real rare drops. Give them a different icon or make it so they don't do the rare drop noise when they drop.
    Response: We've lowered the rarity of these items to below six stars so they appear as normal items.

Request: There should be more sub-pallet settings. (The sub-pallet is what you have assigned to the 1~0 keys)
    Response: We've added additional sub-pallets and you can change between them when the situation calls for it like the main pallet.

Controls & Settings

Request: Make it so I can play with the brand X gamepad.
    Response: While we were able to increase the number of supported gamepads during the second alpha period, we have added support for even more gamepads.

Request: I don't want to have to go in to the options menu to switch between direct chat and normal chat mode.
    Response: Scroll Lock will be the default switch chat methods key.

Request: I want to be able to show the entire map and switch between radar map styles even while in direct chat mode.
    Response: You'll be able to do this with "Ctrl M" and "Ctrl N"

Request: I want to use the subpallet in direct chat mode so please move them from the number keys to the function keys (F1, F2, etc)
    Response: You'll be able to change this as you like in the settings menu.

Request: The camera moves too quickly. Please make it so we can change the speed the camera moves.
    Response: You can change the vertical and horizontal speeds for the camera in the option menu.

Request: The speed at which the camera moves when you switch to a characters front feels too slow.
    Response: We've increased the speed the camera moves when you do this.

Request: I want to change the zoom level of the camera with the mouse wheel. Also make it possible for gamepad users to zoom in and out.
    Response: We've added the ability to zoom in and out with the mouse wheel to the options menu. You'll be able to zoom in and out with a gamepad by using the quick menu.

Request: It's too easy to accidentaly push the auto-run button with a game pad. Make it so we can assign keys ourselves.
    Response: Auto-run has been removed from the initial gamepad settings. You will also be able to assign actions to the buttons as you'd like.

Request: I want to be able to switch targets with a gamepad.
    Response: You can assign a "switch targets" button to a key on the gamepad in the settings menu.

Request: Make a real full screen option, not a virtual full screen.
    Response: We've removed the virtual full screen used in the alpha and added a real full screen option.

Request: I want to be able to display details on up to 50 characters at once. (as in not that grey default character)
    Response: We've increased the number characters that can be displayed at once.

Request: I want to save screenshots in a format besides bmp.
    Response: BMP, JPG, and PNG are all possible now. The default setting will be JPG.

User Interface

Request: It's difficult to use items from the item pack in the main menu because there are so many item categories.
    Response: We've changed the menu to be easier to understand and navigate.

Request: I'd like for there to be an easy way to understand what PA is for what weapon in the description of PAs and on disks.
    Response: There will be a line added to the descriptions to tell what weapon the PA is for.

Request: I'd like already disks for learned PAs to be greyed out in the item pack and storage box.
    Response: Disks for PAs already learned will appear greyed out.

Request: I want to be able to customize equipped units like I can customize equipped weapons. (This is grinding and element boosting)
    Response: You'll be able to customize equipped items now.

Request: I'd like shortcuts in the quick menu to display what the short cut actually is.
    Response: Shortcuts in the quick menu will display one line of text from the shortcut.

Request: I want to be able to see wether I'm in shooting or slashing mode when I use the gunslash.
    Response: There will be an icon in the main pallet showing which mode you are in.

Request: The message icon is too small and hard to see.
    Response: We've made it easier to see.

Request: I'd like different tabs for system messages and real messages.
    Response: Messages sent from the game system, like friend applications, will be displayed in a seperate tab from messages sent by users.

Request: I want to know when a screenshot has actually finished being taken when I take one.
    Response: We've added a system message that will be displayed when a screenshot has been taken.

Communication Related

Request: I want an option to be able to turn my own auto-words off.
    Response: You will be able to choose if you would like to use auto-words in the options menu.

Request: I want to be able to talk to just a single person.
    Response: We've added a whisper feature that will allow you to chat with just a single person.

Request: Chat bubbles that have joined together always take on the spikey form. Please change this so it takes on the form of the last person to added to the bubble.
    Response: The large chat bubble will take the shape of the chat bubble of whoever said the phrase last.

Request: I want to be able to friend or black-list players I've partied with.
    Response: There will be an option to display your party history where you can added friends or black list people you have partied with in the past.

Request: I want to be notified when friends I select have logged in.
    Response: You will be able to recieve notifications when friends log in when you have set to do so.

My Room

Request: I want to lock my room.
    Response: You'll be able to lock you room with various settings including "Friends Only."

Request: I want to be able to display weapons I've collected as decorations.
    Response: There will be an item that will will allow you display weapons.

Request: I'd like a jukebox to change the background music in my room.
    Response: There will be a jukebox function where you can change the background music.

Request: It'd be nice if you could interact with room goods.
    Response: The only thing you could do in the second alpha was "sit down" but there will be more actions depending on the various objects.

Request: I'd like a desk to be able to place smaller objects.
    Response: There will be desks and shelves you can places small room goods on.

My Shop

Request: I want to be able to trade items directly between characters, not just through My Shop.
    Response: You'll be able to trade directly between characters.

Request: I don't want very rare items to be sellable in shops.
    Response: We'll make it so that you won't be able to trade or sell via My Shop any very rare item that you have equipped once.

Request: I'd like to search the My Shop listings by special ability name.
    Response: You'll be able to search by special ability name.

Character Creation

Request: I want to be able to use a character I've created as a base-type for other characters.
    Response: You'll be able to save a character to your hard disk and use it as a base character for further character creations.

Request: I'd like to make male characters with more square-ish features and female characters with rounder faces.
    Response: We've added more facial variations to both male and female characters

Request: I want to be able to change my character's features after creation.
    Response: There will be a beauty shop where you can make alterations like in previous titles.

Here is a selection of screenshots. You can see more at the links above.

Mags
    Spoiler!

Arks lobby
    Spoiler!

Finally (since I see I was sniped during editing), we've got another official blog post. It's just a reposting of Sakai's letter on the "after" page but it has some screens of the log-on screen from the beta client.

The title screen has been given a refinishing.

As has the ship select screen.

And character creation screen.
    Last edited by Mike; Mar 16, 2012 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Formatting

First and foremost, thanks for the updates and translations, Mike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Request: I'd like bosses to drop boxes like they did in previous Phantasy Star series.
    Response: We've changed it so that containers appear after a boss has been defeated and "boss drops" will appear from these containers.
    I'm sure this is a welcome return for many, it felt pretty lonely after a boss fight to be presented only with a telepipe. But, what does this mean for the random boss encounters during other missions? Especially since it is very possible for a multiparty area to get several encounters in one session...
    Request: There should be more meaning to destroying parts of enemies.
    Response: Destroying parts of boss enemies will cause extra containers to spawn after the boss is defeated.
    Similar to PSP2i's new bosses I see.
    Request: Grinders and synthesizers cheapen the feel of real rare drops. Give them a different icon or make it so they don't do the rare drop noise when they drop.
    Response: We've lowered the rarity of these items to below six stars so they appear as normal items.
    Ugh. While at first I used to pick up every green box just to have a stock of 'mates, once I crept closer to Lv20 I found that I would always be fully stocked and end up ignoring greens. Hopefully they not only have lowered their rarity but provided those items with their own icons so they're still picked up without having to worry about running out of the way for the 54th monomate.

A caseal contruction lab, someplace on the guardians colony...

Response: We'll make it so that you won't be able to trade or sell via My Shop any very rare item that you have equipped once.
    What the hell, why would you want that? >:l

Making a Mega Man clone! Check it out! http://gigaguygame.blogspot.com/

Dat Lobby.
    Spoiler!
    Dem Mags.
    Spoiler!
    They also added some more gallery shots of the new weapon types:
    Spoiler!

Request: The starter enemies were too strong.
    Response: We've balanced the enemies so that beginners can play without being stressed.
    Wat. I found there was little challenge to them already...

Request: Make a real full screen option, not a virtual full screen.
    Response: We've removed the virtual full screen used in the alpha and added a real full screen option.
    As much as I hope this means that they fixed Alt Tabbing not exploding the game, I'll only believe it when I see it. I'd personally prefer that borderless window as an official option.

Request: I'd like a jukebox to change the background music in my room.
    Response: There will be a jukebox function where you can change the background music.
    Time for BURNING RANGERS!

Equipment binding, eh? I'm personally fine with this, but I'm betting a lot of other people will be upset.

Request: I want to save screenshots in a format besides bmp.
    Response: BMP, JPG, and PNG are all possible now. The default setting will be JPG.
    Quite happy with this seeing as I sent a request of this sort.
    Last edited by Vashyron; Mar 16, 2012 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyoko View Post
    What the hell, why would you want that? >:l
    When I first read it, I thought it might have meant accidentally selling something rare. But given Sega's response, I think it may be an attempt to stop people from just going to the shops and buying rares instead of going out and finding weapons themselves. It's not clear if this binding, as Vashyron put it, is permanent or not but it may be. It sure sounds like it is though so you'll have to think about if you want to sell your rare or use it.

My personal favorite of all these things is "weapon rack" room item though.
    Last edited by Mike; Mar 16, 2012 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Spelling!

All of it sounds great to me. Really digging how dedicated the team is to making this game the best yet.

But I'd like to know one thing... can we trade rares between each other like in PSO? PSP pissed me off with those restrictions whenever my friends or I found a rare that the other person really wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothXer0 View Post
    But I'd like to know one thing... can we trade rares between each other like in PSO? PSP pissed me off with those restrictions whenever my friends or I found a rare that the other person really wanted.
    I generally dislike quoting myself but here are two things that relate to your question:
    Request: I want to be able to trade items directly between characters, not just through My Shop.
    Response: You'll be able to trade directly between characters.

*drools* my precioussss... We wants it, givez it to us! The PRECIOUS!!! YAAAARGGH!

OMG i cant wait to play the closed beta. Thank gods I'll have Xenoblade to tie me over until the Closed Beta goes online...
    I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:
    "I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."
    Tactlessness is ugly, willfull ignorance and bigotry is even uglier

lol they didn't address lack of hair customization.

today was not a complete victory, but a victory nonetheless.

I generally dislike quoting myself but here are two things that relate to your question:
    So we can drop rare items to trade them directly, but not through My Shop?