Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Protesting Vita

When life slips you a Jeffery, stroke the furry wall.

I come back from Vegas and someone is crying about the Vita version again?
    Will work for Scape Dolls and Super Star Atomizers.

Im not truly into taking a position, because it will just always be a war and never be able to come to any real conclusion.

My view therefore isnt political, its more like the view of a scientist. From that point of view, i do believe that it will be hard to combine 2 totaly different systems with totaly different specs on the same game and server. The thing simply is, how to make those 2 systems capabilitys matching each others. Either someone will be limited, or overhelmed, its hard to match with each others. It would be easy to match with another console. A PC however, thats a insane powerful device, which is chronically held back by other systems and it matters not what game or system we compare with.

Fact is: Japanese people are slowly stepping away from consoles. The PC gamers however did increase a lot, and JP people are always into handheld (that behaviour is unchanged). Finaly, SEGA is trying to please the majority... its where the money is.

The stuff they are trying to implement is a real challenge, that is certain. Im not gonna argue about "why and how", its leading into nothing else but war.

But one thing is certain: No matter what else to bring up, there is always someone to say NO and someone to say YES.
    Last edited by Xenobia; Mar 18, 2012 at 11:54 AM.

They received lots of requests on how people wanted to play PSO2 on something other than PC. So they decided to give the PlayStation Vita a shot as a new alternative way to play this game.
    OK so SEGA defaulted on their promise to make it PC only. However, many people expressed a want for this and now they are getting it. Those are the people you should be blaming.

I think this whole protest is fairly premature considering that It hasn't even gone through testing and have made it a consideration that the two versions would become separate if things didn't go well. So yeah, Relax, have a shot of Whisky and enjoy the weather in anticipation for the Beta.
    PSU JP/ * 生気 * CAST (F) Lv. 180 (GT-20) [r.i.p.]
    PSO2 JP / 生気 Newman (F) [RA 40, FO 25]

I had in mind they would make a Wii U version, its a pretty promising hardware which will come out end of 2012 (in JP). The dev kits surely will be released much sooner, so SEGA would have the time to work on it before even the PC version would be out. A Wii U release half year after PC release should be possible. The advantage simply is that the GPU of that console is a pretty hard hitter (4000 series) and its possible to implement the PC version in the best way possible.

They can make a Vita version and every console of the world. Almost nobody would care; They only would care because PC will have lack of support and finally we have a battle. Because SEGA simply isnt having unlimited capacitys/ressources and someone will always get a hit. So generally from a unbiased view all i care is if it would have a negative impact on the PC version. As i said there just seems to be 2 of them: Decreased PC support and unable to make a good match. However, no one is interested into system specific issues as long as it doesnt affect another system. Im telling this because some people apparently got in mind that those people who are against are "Vita or whatever hater". This isnt something specific to that system as such, its simply the worry regarding collateral damage. Its not a general intolerance, its the lack of accepting damage.
    Last edited by Xenobia; Mar 18, 2012 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenobia View Post
    Im not truly into taking a position, because it will just always be a war and never be able to come to any real conclusion.

My view therefore isnt political, its more like the view of a scientist. From that point of view, i do believe that it will be hard to combine 2 totaly different systems with totaly different specs on the same game and server. The thing simply is, how to make those 2 systems capabilitys matching each others. Either someone will be limited, or overhelmed, its hard to match with each others. It would be easy to match with another console. A PC however, thats a insane powerful device, which is chronically held back by other systems and it matters not what game or system we compare with.

Fact is: Japanese people are slowly stepping away from consoles. The PC gamers however did increase a lot, and JP people are always into handheld (that behaviour is unchanged). Finaly, SEGA is trying to please the majority... its where the money is.

The stuff they are trying to implement is a real challenge, that is certain. Im not gonna argue about "why and how", its leading into nothing else but war.

But one thing is certain: No matter what else to bring up, there is always someone to say NO and someone to say YES.
    If FF11 can make it an MMO with an open world work on ps2 and PC with cross servers there is no reason Sega can't, unless idk, they don't know what they are doing :P, and I pray they are.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

FF11 sucked though... D:

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

However, you forgot to tell that the PS2 had to be equipped with a 40 GB HDD, in Europe there wasnt such a PS2. It needed a KB too and the game got released in 2002 and not 2012. 10 years is a huge time in tech development.

Again, those people "against" dont care how the Vita will turn out, they only care possible impact on PC. Those who dont care PC but Vita may think the same and finally its a battle which is avoidable. In term we take it over to Wii U, then its pretty much the same such as the PC version, because the hardware is almost sufficient to match it. So that means, even the PC gamers would not feel "hurt" about possible impact, thats what i meant by having a good match.
    Last edited by Xenobia; Mar 18, 2012 at 02:15 PM.

Hunter of the Mighty Cake Caerik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    So PSO2's news brings another burst of popularity, now it's popular enough for the PSO2 section to get trolled 2 times in one day by someone that's not me.

This game really is gonna be awesome!
    I know! It's a rather backhanded compliment, isn't it?

This part is to the OP: you really should wait until a game is past 10% completion to judge it. It's too soon to even know if the servers will be shared.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    FF11 sucked though... D:
    Idk never played lol, I know the servers are still up and PSU is not...can't say its cuz it has Final Fantasy in the name because that didn't save 14.

I agree tho I rather see it on PS3 or WII U, since in my head it sounds like it'll work out better. Though if they can make vita work without limiting the PC version, I'm all for it . Though I'm not going to protest because I'm not sure if it will work or not. I'm going to see if Sega pulls out the right cards and makes it work.