Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Protesting Vita

Quote Originally Posted by failstrom View Post
    Then we should do something about it. Are you participating in the beta? Would you like help expressing your concerns to developement

Yes everything was started off wrong. If I didn't give SEGA a chance in the first place, I wouldn't have cared about alpha testing. I'm also not very good at forum'ing and have already admitted to mis-communicating. It's hard to get in touch with a user base cold, no matter how much experience you have. I don't want to jump ship, I want to nudge SEGA on the right path.
    it depends I probably wont even be able to and if am able to participate I will voice my opinion expressively on the forums there or in their user submitted feedback, there needs to be changes done to the game still to keep going, of course it looks nice so far but for the long run? we need to see more first to be able to determine that and if I don't see some of these issues addressed in the beta then we could have another game that goes as long as PSO 1& 2 did.

Don't worry about everyone getting to you, failstrom; as someone who recently got a new gaming PC, I share your concerns too, hence why I posted a poll both here and on the Facebook group about how they felt about a port to Vita. Apparently, most people were cool with it, although I don't share their sentiment.

A lot of people who frequently visit these forums can tell you that a few years back, I was pretty overzealous about how horribly Sonic Team was handling PSU (let's face it, most of their games after Sonic Adventure 2 and before Sonic Colors sucked one way or another, lol), to the point where I was banned from posting in the PSU section for a while because most people here complained about my ranting. Granted, I probably deserved it, but at the same time, a lot of my concerns were censored and/or edited, especially on the official Sega forums (the GM's even had "what do you like/don't like about PSU" threads up at the time ), and I just wanted to get my voice heard, and let someone important know that HEY - something's not right here. Some people just can't take criticism or respect dissenting opinions, I guess... corporate agendas don't help either. Although I admit, it was fun getting the chance to "roast" GM Edward when he visited PSOW after the official forums were hacked (props to whoever did that, btw ), despite him trolling us back with the "360 is a different version" bullshit... I swear, Microsoft's probably the only thing keeping PSU alive on the 360 right now...

At this point, I'm both very happy and surprised that Sakai at least addressed the fans' concerns. Sonic Team NEVER had that kind of developer-playerbase interaction with PSU, that's for sure. The new dev team with FF14 has also been doing this since the initial debacle upon release, yet they keep promising "we'll fix it in version 2.0," etc... Both scenarios kinda seem like one of those "wait and see" type of things, yet you can't help but be concerned about how things will unfold. The Vita seems like a pretty capable system, sure, but my concerns are more about how all the cumulative updates, patches, expansions, etc. are going to fit onto a small memory card that can only hold so many GB's worth of data. That, and whether or not they'll have to split up servers again by console and/or region, and in turn, divide up the playerbase...
    Last edited by Tetsaru; Mar 19, 2012 at 01:41 AM.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

@Tetsaru

The Vita currently supports 32gb memory cards. That's the largest size at launch. I'm sure in the future the maximum size will double, if not triple. Considering the base game will probably be on a memory card (with downloadable as an option) that leaves a massive amount of space available for updates.

People who don't want to buy a big enough card can play on the PC or not play at all. I'd guarantee that's the angle SEGA/Sony will take on this one, since many games are already allowed to require a memory card for physical versions. Requiring cards of a certain size is the next logical step.

Quote Originally Posted by moorebounce View Post
    Here's your problem. Most of us here think Sega is doing a good job with PSO2 so far. So until we think they're messing up you're on your own.
    this...like 100 1/2 times.

Most of us are on board with SEGA and at the same time we also have concerns. There's a big difference between that and plain out negativity.
    Will work for Scape Dolls and Super Star Atomizers.

Default Well by the look of it.

This Looks More Likely true also what ever shall we do friends.I say just make an offline and Online for the U.S version.Well it is a sequel

Quote Originally Posted by astronautcowboy View Post
    @Tetsaru

The Vita currently supports 32gb memory cards. That's the largest size at launch. I'm sure in the future the maximum size will double, if not triple. Considering the base game will probably be on a memory card (with downloadable as an option) that leaves a massive amount of space available for updates.

People who don't want to buy a big enough card can play on the PC or not play at all. I'd guarantee that's the angle SEGA/Sony will take on this one, since many games are already allowed to require a memory card for physical versions. Requiring cards of a certain size is the next logical step.
    I'm going to have to go with this, if only for the fact that Sakai said himself Vita players are more than likely going to need a good memory card to play.

104 people replied to this bull s*** of a thread?
    Is this *insert bad gaming site here?
    I mean seriously, do NOT feed this troll any further.

Perhaps topic poster should set up a Tumblr protesting SEGA's decision?
    Perhaps TC should set up an #Occupy group?
    Maybe write some letters to SEGA of Japan & U.S.?
    Or stage a protest in front of the White House?

THIS IS MADNESS.
    NO, this is SPARTA.

May this troll thread and all the madness be relegated to the dustbin of history. Where crazy people go to DIE.
    Last edited by HappierWorlds; Mar 19, 2012 at 09:43 AM.
    I am =THE= SilentWanderer. If you have seen me around elsewhere, you can be sure this is me Here.

Wouldn't call this guy a troll, he's scared of a repeat and history and wants PSO2 to be at it's best so he went and did something about it. That's what the gaming community needs right now, BUT the bad thing about this protest is that you don't know what will happen and are making assumptions and if this somehow worked you could be stopping something that would of been great for this game. This generation of consoles can't not be blamed if a game fails, it will always point to the developers and will always be their fault.

Last Post on this thread I swear

A lot of people on here take every thread and topic sooo seriously when they shouldn't, like ever.
    Will work for Scape Dolls and Super Star Atomizers.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I can definitely see the legitimate reasons for concern here, but I'm hoping that the Vita version won't be a hindrance to the development team's work and upkeep of the game. I figure if things get too sour, they'll just drop the Vita version early like they did to the PS2 version (just kidding of course)

I'm pretty sure no amount of protest is going to stop the Vita version from happening. If you consider the popularity of handhelds (in JP) and the online action rpg market for the Vita, Sega is going to attract a lot of new players to the game with the Vita version alone.

tl;dr Vita version is going to bring in enough $$ that it can't be stopped. I'm definitely sticking with PC though, possibly playing both versions.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!