• Snake Eyes

3 16.67%
  • Batman

15 83.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

the Answer is Batman because nobody will ever beat batman

if vegeta himself was on a batman vendetta he'd probably lose

Mill Lilly Harvester ARASHIKAGE's Avatar
    In arms reach of my Snow Queen at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post

Also, Batman. Because ninjas are for weeb nerds, whereas batman is just for nerds.
    Olaf I feel like your trollin me out a little (How you been btw? it's be awhile).

I'm setting my option aside but I'm all fired up now! It should be obvious that I'm a huge G.I. Joe fan. I'll try and stay non partial here.

These young "Naruto crazed" weebs didn't existed when Larry Hama dreamed up Snake Eyes in 1982 (Real ninjas withstand the test of time and will always be cool). Batman's fighting background used to be primarily American Boxer before his make-over in the Dark Knight Trilogy (completely awesome btw).

If we look at this match-up based on the traditional character of the two, we can find them very similar. Traditionally they both won't kill people, I say traditionally because there are cases in which Batman dropped people off buildings and Snake Eyes really stabbed people with those swords. But in these cases they taken out of character by different companies.
    For the most part they share a very monk like regard for human life and find other clever ways to get the job done.

::Other stats::
    Financial:
    Batman - Billions of Dollars
    Snake Eyes - Bottomless Military Pocket

Allies/Resources:
    Batman:
    Commissioner Gordon, Alfred, Robin, Nightwing, Bat Girl etc. sometimes Catwoman. (If we count the crossovers: "Justice League" Superman, Black Canary, Green Arrow etc.)
    Batcave, Batmobile etc.

Snake Eyes:
    "Joes" Scarlett, Duke, Roadblock, Gun Ho, Heavy Duty etc. "Arashikage" Jinx, Kamakura, Tiger Claw etc. sometimes Storm Shadow. (If we count the crossovers: "The Autobots" Optimus Prime, Ironhide, Sideswipe, Bumblebee etc.)
    Military Tech

In the end this poll is based on popularity, it comes down to what people really know about these two, it's about what hype tells us and what our heart tells us. And a fun nerdy way to kill my afternoon

Spoiler!
    PSO GCN: Storm Shadow - RAmar - Retired
    PSU AOTI PC/PS2: Storm Shadow - Human Male PT - Retired
    PSZ: Hazatak Kid - RAmar - level 95

Retardacon \re-,tard-a-kan\ n 1 : retarded robot, humanoid, android, cyborg or cast as a : retarded decepticon b : cast from phanasty star found generally being retarded on these forums c : one who advocates cast supremacy 2 also see : cast supremacist

"arrgh such a retardacon"

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    Batman trained in a LOT of ways all over the world, including ninja stuff, but he mostly just uses the stealth and martial art and the skill with his variety of weapons and gadgets.

In generally he's originally a detective...

A detective... Vigilante... That seeks revenge through justice...

C'MON HE WAS MADE LIKE 80 YEARS AGO OF COURSE HE'S GOD!
    The real problem is that neither character would fight the other without a good way out if they could help it - the most likely result of any fight would be draw by escape. If it was a long-term pursuit/fight to the death Batman would probably win because he simply has better resources for tracking a target down (As in, all the money and technology he could ever wish for).
    Coming Soon!

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

Quote Originally Posted by Split View Post
    Batman was trained as a "ninja assassin?" Was this some sort of one-off detail in the comics? ...because Batman doesn't kill people.
    I thought this was a largely known fact that he was trained by the League of Assassins. It was even in Batman Begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    Maybe if Superman wasn't weak to a fucking rock I'd be more on his side. Though, glowing Kryptonite gloves would be pretty fuckin' awesome.
    To be fair you are weak to a rock as well. As for Superman being beaten by Batman. That is just LOL worthy. INB4 someone posts something from Red Son and/or Dark Knight Returns.

I believe the whole Batman having assassin/ninja training is a comic retcon in the 80's that has caught on well because it's in Batman Begins and was explored in one of the 90's Batman animated series.

Superman also has that ambiguous weakness to magic (it seems like it varies from writer to writer how magic is supposed to work on Supes) and the whole energy from a red sun can sap Superman's strength and powers.

Now to complete turning this into every Batman vs. whoever thread I ever read on the internet: BATMAN WINZ WHEN HE PLANZ!
    Last edited by Atbar; Mar 30, 2012 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered_weasel View Post
    To be fair you are weak to a rock as well. As for Superman being beaten by Batman. That is just LOL worthy. INB4 someone posts something from Red Son and/or Dark Knight Returns.
    The fact that Superman is weak to a rock is why Batman can beat him. If Batman was trying to kill Superman, he'd have a good chance at succeeding - he can prepare for Superman's long range abilities, and once he's in close he wins by Kryptonite.
    Coming Soon!

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    The fact that Superman is weak to a rock is why Batman can beat him. If Batman was trying to kill Superman, he'd have a good chance at succeeding - he can prepare for Superman's long range abilities, and once he's in close he wins by Kryptonite.
    And if Superman was trying to kill Batman he would have a 99.9% chance of winning.