Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Will an iPad version of PSO2 propel the franchise to "must have" social status?

I can see PSO2 making the iOS platform viable for other MMORPGs.
    I can see many thousands of casuals on iOS trying out PSO2. Maybe not for daily play, but an hour or two weekly.
    I can see casuals on iOS interacting for the first time in an MMORPG environment with PC players.
    I believe that the PC community will grow for PSO2 because of the Vita and iOS players.
    I know SEGA will atleast break even, and perhaps (GASP!!!!) make a profit from the iOS side PSO2.

What do you all think of this?
    I am =THE= SilentWanderer. If you have seen me around elsewhere, you can be sure this is me Here.

It's only minigame stuff really... People who play PSO2 on the PC/Vita that have smart phones will probably use the app. I don't really see it attracting that many people to the actual game though...

The Smartphone version is Single Player only, it's also seems to be a bit different from the PC / Vita version.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Being a somewhat avid player of many iOS games on a daily basis (mainly strategy/mmo), and mingling with the communities a bit, I'm sure the iOS/Android version will definitely spark an interest and become a gateway to the other versions. Despite this being a seemingly "single player" experience, I still think a whole lot of people will try and talk about it.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Stupid question - iPhone games automatically work on iPads? I've yet to get a iPad, but I was seriously pondering the current Ipad3...
    PSO2 -
    Ranger
    Cast
    Hero

The smartphone app != the actual game. So, th answer to your question is no, since PSO2 on the iPad will not exist as such.

Edit: Also, controls on a tablet/smartphone = lol.
    Last edited by kyuuketsuki; Mar 26, 2012 at 01:31 PM.

Right, the the iPhone app not the same as the full game, understood that part.

Sorry for the poor phrasing on my part - let me rephrase.

Should any "iPhone App" function just as well on a iPad?
    Wouldn't that mean this "PSO2 App" would work on an iPad as well?

Even if this app is a 'limited version of PSO2', the Ipad3's new screen could make things interesting.
    PSO2 -
    Ranger
    Cast
    Hero

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Default I think pso is too complicated for ipad

Steam is the best place for pso 2 to go.
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

Quote Originally Posted by lostinseganet View Post
    Steam is the best place for pso 2 to go.
    We can only hope...

Quote Originally Posted by Clunker View Post
    Should any "iPhone App" function just as well on a iPad?
    Wouldn't that mean this "PSO2 App" would work on an iPad as well?

Even if this app is a 'limited version of PSO2', the Ipad3's new screen could make things interesting.
    I don't know about games for certain, but I know that iPhone apps will generally work on the iPad. They're limited to the resolution of the iPhone, though, meaning you get a small iPhone-sized rectangle in the middle of the iPad screen. You can hit a 2X button to have it scaled up, but that results in some extreme blockiness, of course, and it still doesn't properly fit the iPad screen.

So even if it does work on the iPad, you definitely won't be getting anything out of the new iPad's high-res screen. Unless they actually release an iPad version that runs in that resolution.