Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default 3/29 blog: A bit on the benchmark / character creation demo

The official blog was updated with info on the benchmark/character creation demo set to come out on the 5th.

The demo to be distributed next week doesn't need any internet connection to run. The characters created can be saved as files to your hard disk (to the My Documents\Sega\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 directory) which can then be loaded in to the closed beta. The character creation portion is the same character creator that will be used in the beta.

There are a few things the character creator won't be able to do in the demo though. You wont be able to select character voices or hovering/walking (if you make a cast). You'll be able to do both of these in the closed beta though.

A few new things have been added to the creator. The RAnewm/newearl costumes are now available, there are more types of human faces, and a new option has been added that lets you selectively reset any or all of the editable features on a character. Additionally, there will be new voices available in the closed beta version of the character creator.

The first pic shows off some of the new human faces. The second is the menu that lets you reset any of the edits you have made to the default setting by unchecking the box and then pressing the bottom left button. Any changes here can't be undone so think hard about if you really want to reset something. Also note the text at the bottom left. It looks like the screenshot function will be alive and kicking in this demo too.

The general scores for the benchmark were also shown. A score of under 2000 means you should turn down the graphics. A score of under 5000 means you'll be fine but may need to tune the graphics setting a bit. Anything over 5000 is great. The benchmark will give you an explanation of your score when it finishes running but in case you don't know any Japanese, you can use these as a loose guide.

And finally, there will be an official character creation contest held for everbody, even those people who aren't interesting in playing! I'm sure there will be more details announced later.
    Last edited by Mike; Mar 29, 2012 at 06:19 AM.

Sounds good. Thanks for the info Mike!

Hmmm, wonder what this contest will be and what kinds of rewards are offered.
    PSO2 JP Characters:
    SHIP 02:
    Kyoushu HU: 45 FI: 51 RA: 28 FO: 15 BR: 44

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Well this is an interesting direction. I wonder what kind of "prizes" the contest will have.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Any bets on who posts the first "IT"S OVER 9000!"?

Thanks for the info!

I'm also curious as to what the prizes will be...

In-game exclusive items or maybe something more physical?

Prize : make it into official NPC (may be)

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

What is this Benchmark thingy Mike? Also where will we be able to download that demo? If i don't get in the beta at all i can at least spend hours drooling over my PSO2 chars till the game arrives

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Benchmark is how well your PC can run PSO2. The higher the better. You will need to tone down your settings if under X.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

Man next week huh? Time is flying fast. At least if I can't get into the closed beta I'll be a pro at creating characters lol.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

This is for beta users only, right, or is it actually public (this is completely offline after all).