World of Warcraft
    Guild Wars/Guild Wars 2
    Super Meat Boy
    old console emulators/ROM's

Having Steam and torrents is also good.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Is Final Fantasy 14 finally subscription based now?
    Or is it still free, cause my friend told me about some kind of new version they are working on to remodel FF14 and that they were bringing back the subscription because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DayDreamer View Post
    Is Final Fantasy 14 finally subscription based now?
    Or is it still free, cause my friend told me about some kind of new version they are working on to remodel FF14 and that they were bringing back the subscription because of it.
    Yeah, it's currently $10 a month for one character.

Here is the announcement about version 2.0. There should be some links at the bottom that show some scheduled plans and concept art. It's still a ways off, as far as I know. You might can find some other info around the Lodestone forums.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Aion goes free to play today
    Just sayin...

The Bethesda library is good as the mods literally transform the games from merely good, to great. And, yes, the Valve library is chock full of greats as well. If you feel like a trip back in time the old Epic games are also decent, Unreal in particular is still a good game. If you really want to head back in time id's first Windows games are on Steam as well. Doom II in particular was one of the best games to come out in the 90s. And because Steam has the stock WAD files you can use them for something like the Doomsday Engine. That way you can really customize it as need be on a more modern machine. It even works with texture, model, and sound packs if you wish to 'modernize' it a bit. Another really good series is the STALKER series. If you like RPGs and shooters they're a good combination, similar in some regards to Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Very good setting in the Zone around Chernobyl and only available for PC, so something you most certainly haven't played before.

If racing is more your style, Codemasters games are a good choice. The DiRT series and GRID are good, though might get frustrating as the difficulty ramps up. Some of the older Need for Speed games are good as well, in particular I spent a lot of time playing Most Wanted as I honestly think that was the peak of the 'modern' Need for Speed games even if it is rather old at this point.

Otherwise some indie games on Steam that I enjoy are Audiosurf, Killing Floor, Terraria, Eufloria, and Everyday Shooter.

But, back to the Valve games a benefit of owning them is that you can download mods that are full games in themselves. Several games started out as mods, like Garry's Mod, Counter-Strike, and Team Fortress. The same can be said of Unreal Tournament 2004 and Unreal Tournament 3, though lesser so with that one, that both are platforms for mods.

Honestly, it depends on what kind of games you love. I'm partial to those that I have stated, as well as strategy and simulation games. The Sim City series is absolutely fantastic (outside of Societies, but I like to pretend that never happened). Age of Empires II (and The Conqueror's Expansion) is absolutely by far my favorite strategy game of all time and is dirt cheap at this point. Some of the best games for PC are older and can be had for the change hidden in the couch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    Yeah, it's currently $10 a month for one character.

Here is the announcement about version 2.0. There should be some links at the bottom that show some scheduled plans and concept art. It's still a ways off, as far as I know. You might can find some other info around the Lodestone forums.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
    Wow, not to say ver2.0 doesn't sound promising... but the way they are just flat-out saying how much the original version sucks feels... bad. Really bad.

if you're into puzzle game, Bejeweled 3 is pretty fun with a lot of modes to play.
    my favorite modes are Lightning and Ice Storm; both of these modes require you
    to be very quick if you want high score. i play this game very often and enjoy it much.

++++++----------"." Xe's Sanctuary 09/28/2016----------- Youtube's profile "."----------++++++
    wallies edited: 4500_|_G.O.L.D.E.N_|_sigs created: 1055