Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What will happen to our characters...

...once Sega eventually pulls the plug on the server, what will happen to all the characters / items and hours of play that we invested in this game, would we lose it all or do you think there will be an option to save everything locally??? I just don't like the idea of when it all ends you lose everything and the game can't be played offline...

Thanks..

You lose everything. I just recently joined the 360 version and I had to start from scratch. On the PC servers, I had a max leveled character with some amazing (for the time) weapons. Now I'm back to using the cheapest crap i can buy.

It will all begone :/

Yep. Just like any other game for which the servers eventually die off for. The only thing left will eventually be the limited *offline* characters.

Kind of like PSO, actually. The PSO servers still going are pretty much all with restarted characters on them.

Eventually, I'll probably have to say goodbye to my Guild Wars characters as well. Oh well, out with the old and stuff.

Bad characters go to Hell, good characters go to Heaven.

Scarlet / ID:aurly; Shock Nurse @ Ship 2!

Quote Originally Posted by drizzle View Post
    Bad characters go to Hell, good characters go to Heaven.
    While the rest of us remain in purgatory in limbo wondering what it was all for!
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Deepest Blue View Post
    ...once Sega eventually pulls the plug on the server, what will happen to all the characters / items and hours of play that we invested in this game, would we lose it all or do you think there will be an option to save everything locally??? I just don't like the idea of when it all ends you lose everything and the game can't be played offline...

Thanks..
    Everything will be gone, like what happened with the english PC/PS2 servers.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

The same thing that happened to PSO:BB, and PSU PC/PS2 servers. Everything just goes poof.

If it really bothers you that much (as it did to me, to see my near 9,000 hours of "work" lost), take pictures and videos of everything (characters, items, PAs, everything you accomplished), and save them for the memories.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragwind View Post
    The same thing that happened to PSO:BB, and PSU PC/PS2 servers. Everything just goes poof.

If it really bothers you that much (as it did to me, to see my near 9,000 hours of "work" lost), take pictures and videos of everything (characters, items, PAs, everything you accomplished), and save them for the memories.
    I wish that in the short time that we knew each other in PC/PS2 that you would have learned how to fight. It would prevent the depressing element from a mod/admin at an independent forum from having to state resentful stuff that comes across like "oh I lost 9000 hours, but hey I have screenshots and memories"

Its kind of a sad that a private/hacked PSObb server has had a longer life-cycle and gone farther without collecting a dime directly from people than an entire corporation.

There really is no excuse.

In my life, if I grant true forgiveness or show true mercy to anyone. It is a very special thing, because I take care to not demean the two.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    I wish that in the short time that we knew each other in PC/PS2 that you would have learned how to fight. It would prevent the depressing element from a mod/admin at an independent forum from having to state resentful stuff that comes across like "oh I lost 9000 hours, but hey I have screenshots and memories"

Its kind of a sad that a private/hacked PSObb server has had a longer life-cycle and gone farther without collecting a dime directly from people than an entire corporation.

There really is no excuse.

In my life, if I grant true forgiveness or show true mercy to anyone. It is a very special thing, because I take care to not demean the two.
    lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.