Page 82 of 201 FirstFirst ... 32727980818283848592132182 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by •Col• View Post
    Kinda agree with this as well. You can notice the differences, but... They both still looks pretty anime-ish to me. The more realistic version actually just looks like a mature, "sexy" anime lady. The first looks like a younger anime woman.

I think it moreso comes down to that. Do you want a more mature look, or a more high-spirited look?
    And it comes down that the recent change of style after the XXIst Century in anime to the more Cartoonish looks and less focus on realistic proportions. Some people say It makes them spark like cuter. Some other other still say this is like this the current 2000-2010 Anime style that is on the mood. I won't be surprised that in 2-5 years a new drawing style that merge the anime moe with the realisticness of older styles appear as the new style and leave the Moe like Last week, slowly happens subconsciently when K-ON came and took over Lucky Star preference for the fanbase. But the artistic points of view said it, the current anime style is more focused on look like a cartoon than having a realistic drawing base.

Sounds like a history lesson just unfolded, awesome.

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

Quote Originally Posted by Ark22 View Post
    Sounds like a history lesson just unfolded, awesome.
    Service from the History Teacher Reia :3 Anyways I will make this private poll be held for 1 day, giving people that happens to read this cast a vote, public or privately. I will later say after the day passes which style will be kept.

Quote Originally Posted by Reia View Post
    Service from the History Teacher Reia :3 Anyways I will make this private poll be held for 1 day, giving people that happens to read this cast a vote, public or privately. I will later say after the day passes which style will be kept.
    Any who you character looks pretty gnarly (I am a surfer I CAN say that) should give me some pointers sometime on character creation for this game, I think you did though.....Well keep it up =D

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

Refreshing Minty Flavor Puppet_Papaya's Avatar

Updated characters!
    Updated Li Lica
    Spoiler!

Updated Myrtle Blanc
    Spoiler!

New! Lilicia Lica
    Spoiler!

Li needs a ton of work yet. I just can't nail the look I'm going for. Dang!

This is the first time I've made a Male Cast, and its pretty generic, yet I find myself kind of attached to it. Shame it has no place in my imagination land. Probably the only male I'll make, unless I can make a male fleshie look actually sexy and not like he came out of bishie weekly.

Spoiler!

Itchin to play a super robot game now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakuri View Post
    Itchin to play a super robot game now.
    Currently playing SRW Z2 Saisen-hen, I recommend it, but Clear Hakai-hen first!

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

I happenned to go to a friend's house. Who was a big fanboy of my characters on how I designed them, I introduced much about my lastest idea of self-potraying my character and shown it to him in the benchmark. Thing he made a huge annotation of a grave mistake I forgot to do because I was hyped about the CC demo. That is that I never tend to make my character use an anime-ish style face in my render. Normally my characters are left for their "Anime moe" looks in the fanarts, and let a more realistic proportioned face in the game render.

Example with my PSU Character:

Spoiler!

Now the dilemma comes that in terms of taste. If you guys prefer I use the Anime based face since it exploit my "moe" ingame. Killing off this sort of realistic looks in the game render or go back to the previous idea, make the render under a more realistic based template than a cartoonish.

This is how I first presented myself under the Anime mesh:
    Spoiler!

This is how it will look if I do the changes to make the face look more realistic and less anime like:
    Spoiler!

Personally I like both ideas about returning to the old version or go with something more anime rendered. But I wanna see if people like more my new designing idea or go back to the basic to all the people that always loved that I made my characters with the most realistic aspects possible.

One last note, this desition only affects how the character will look in the gameplay render. This will not affect changes on how she will look on the fanarts that has been posted until now.

Spoiler!
    keep the bigger eyes, I say (first choice). That's just me, though.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Here is a Benchmark comparison From Start To the Last idea that is on debate This will tell better about how it will look ingame.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Reia; Apr 8, 2012 at 03:34 AM.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Here is a Benchmark comparison From Start To the Last idea that is on debate This will tell better about how it will look ingame.

Spoiler!
    Now I'm not sure.....

GAH! Stop it, Reia, you're making me second guess myself! XD

EDIT: but in all seriousness, take the eyes from the first picture, and everything else from the lower, and I think you'll have a winner.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty