Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default A Guild Wars 2 reminder

Considering the folks here, which are interested in GW2. Don't forget that this is the first day people can pre-purchase the game for additional bonuses. Not to mention, Beta Weekend participation until the game comes out and a few days head start on the game itself. In general, a nice little promotion to get guarranteed sales of the game. Still, considering how consumer-friendly these guys have been in the past, I'm definitely supporting their efforts.

Got the email, decided to watch some beta vids during lunch. I really like the idea of giving the character a background which affects NPC demeanor. Even if the changes are mostly cosmetic, it makes the world more tangible to me.

Basically, the last hurdle for me dropping the cash for preorder is my own uncertainty surrounding solo play.

I went all in because I'm a Guild Wars 1 player. The solo play for that one was fine. Multiple players meant it was a little easier for you to take bigger risks and get through things faster.

As for online RPGs, I pretty much got rid of all my P2P games save Phantasy Star. Guild Wars has been one of those nice games I can always come back to. Play with all the content I paid only once for, and just do it. Throughout GW1's run, so far, they've even given away lots of in-game freebies as well. I felt it was a very successful arrangement and one that also felt like something that benefits the consumer regardless of lifestyle outside of gaming.

So for me, I'm going in as a GW1 to GW2 transfer. (Though I may still do some GW1 runs for fun for as long as they run the servers. My accounts are linked now.)

All. My. Money.

I am beyond pumped. Between GW2 and PSO2 I may very well explode in a shower of blood and skin and entrails.

Awesome. I'm thinking we should have a PSO-world group at least to share IDs. Doesn't have to be am organized group; but it would be nice to get a good head start on a friends list so we have familiar people for which we have the option of hooking up with, when they are on.

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

I don't know. After so many years, including being in the Prophecies closed betas, GW2 just seems to be a turn off for me. I might get it one day but not on day one.
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    All. My. Money.

I am beyond pumped. Between GW2 and PSO2 I may very well explode in a shower of blood and skin and entrails.
    I'm with you on that.

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

I should have a pretty strong presence on the game so if for some reason I overlook the group here, you'll definitely see me, wherever I am.

And yes, I'm lazy and have not updated the GW2 thread. Maybe later today.

Prolly not.

Eventually though.
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

Varsity Chess Champion Jewcrush's Avatar

Oh boy! Thanks for update Akaimizu. Hope we get to explode on each other, day one, on the couch or sofa, don't know difference. (>^_-)>* GET IT OR REGRET IT!

They've started emailing out beta invite information for this weekend. Got mine