Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

For me, I'm aware of the possible packages - it's just this particular item, the extra storage, is expensive. It's very expensive to what it should be.

It's not expensive in the mindset of $6 expensive, it's not. The value of the extension isn't worth $6 for 30 days.

I don't know where you're getting the idea that they're going to suddenly jump the price up 2.5x(!!) over the previous games...

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    The "premium package" is very likely to cost the same as a monthly fee, so your fears are unwarranted.

The game's basically P2P at this point, except without the caveat that you completely lose access to your characters if you don't pay (you just lose room access, storage, and other assorted perks).
    except we also have to pay for things like outfits

If they follow other business models such as Nexon's, they will hopefully offer a permanent inventory upgrade option at a higher cost.

If $6 is for 30 days, I'd expect to see a permanent increase at around $13 - $15.

I play Dragon Nest, a game that is 100% free-to-play, but the one thing that hits you harder than anything else is the small amount of inventory space. I expect the same thing to happen with PSO2.

Also, how do most of you plan on paying for this game's in-game goodies? Will SEGA of Japan accept Western credit cards?
    Last edited by DoubleJG; Apr 18, 2012 at 12:52 PM.
    PSZ : HUnewm Lv85+
    Infinity : Lv128 ; Br28
    -----------------
    Twitter: @Jthreau

500 yen? it is must cheaper than premium subscription in PSU-jp.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Sounds like it pertains to character inventory and if does is then this is ok as long as there is a good amount of space to begin with. Then this will be just for the super lazy people.

I don't think they'd drastically change the business model they've had in the in the past unless they expected additional profits from it - which means more cash out of my pocket. Hence, my skepticism that I'm only going to be paying $10-15 a month for all the features I had access to in PSU (clothing, room, 4 character slots, ability to trade, etc). I don't know for sure, as I'm admittedly not the most up-to-date on PSO2 news, but something in me doubts the "premium package" subscription is going to include access to clothing, hairstyles, and additional character slots. I'm willing to pay for such things, but with a great degree reluctance once it gets past a certain price point. It's a bit too early for me to feel such trepidation - I shall hold my final judgement until all the prices are revealed - but like a lot of people, I can't help but to feel a bit wary about this new model.
    Last edited by Sidney; Apr 18, 2012 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Bad grammar! For shame.

Well, yeah, but this is one, single item we are talking about. Conservatively, I think they will price the inventory expansion, room rates, etc all at around $5 each. So if we are paying monthly, this means that we are each going to cough up $15-$20 in necessary items. I would really like to opt for a permanent option at a higher cost. If I'm paying I might as well bite the bullet and fork over the dough once instead of prolonging my suffering. Im going to guess an additional character will be like $7-$10 plus you will need to get all the expansions and stuff for them too, so you're going to be paying big money.

Quote Originally Posted by Arika View Post
    500 yen? it is must cheaper than premium subscription in PSU-jp.
    But this is only for extra storage, we have no word on trade counter rent, room rent or shop rent, neither on the premium pack.

Considering Mike Posted this in the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    A "premium set" will be available in 30 day periods. This includes the use of your room, the ability to open a shop, expanded storage, and the ability to trade.

I think the $6 is for the whole thing. Which isn't bad at all. If it IS just for the expanded storage though... That's a ripoff, and am scared what else they're going to do with the cash shop.

Also, they better not just delete the items in your storage or not allow you to get them if you don't pay the subscription. I think the best thing to do would be: If the player is over the standard item limit, then don't allow them to put new items in the storage until you take items out of it to get below the standard limit. That way you can at least grab your rares out of the storage box if you don't feel like paying the fee for a month or two.