Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xenobia View Post
    Ah yes? And how comes so many people gasp at me when i say "good PC cost 1000$"? It will last at least 5 good years...

Besides, i never paid a single buck for netflix. I only watch free SAT and in term i want to see sports.. i know enough of people who pay for it, so i can watch at theyr location.
    So essentially you leech off others? Not that that is a bad thing, but why not just do the same with your other PSO buddies?

Quote Originally Posted by terrell707 View Post
    Aren't things typically more expensive in Japan than they are in US? So when the game gets localized, wouldn't the price drop a little.
    That doesn't apply with virtual goods. They can charge whatever they want, so it might be more, it might be less, or they might go with a straight conversion and make it $6.

Besides, if we don't have an actual separate release but will simply use the same client and servers with a drop-down selection to change text and UI elements to English (which seems likely to be the case), then we'll definitely be paying the exact same prices as what the JP players do.

Quote Originally Posted by terrell707 View Post
    Aren't things typically more expensive in Japan than they are in US? So when the game gets localized, wouldn't the price drop a little.
    There is no reason to drop price. Thats up to theyr own choice. Usualy price are dropped because US simply arnt willing to pay for.. its a demand and supply question, nothing else. Supply in that term is endless but demand is not endless.. price does play a role. Its important not to get over the limit of "ouch, thats to much for me... im gonna pass".

Not that i support that view. My mind is to have same price for whole world... finish!

@Misto, i dont leech them, those people enjoy when i visit them and watch at theyr location, so its kind of a double win... so there is no reason to pay for it in my term. But its rather rarely, im not that much of a sports freak.
    Last edited by Xenobia; Apr 18, 2012 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RocSage View Post
    If you want to look at a game that is Freemium that is successful you want to look at CoH or one of the number of Nexon titles. The other titles people mention the Freemium change was made to keep the game alive as their subs are/were bleeding out. Freemium games are always supported by those who are fan-boys of the game and there is almost always enough of them to keep a game running indefinitely. That's why it's such a good change after failing s hard. Because only the fan-boys are left when all the people looking for a good game have left and they are often ravenous at wanting more stuff and willing to pay for it.
    Actually, DCUO going F2P was and continues to be a huge success. Their player-base and revenue skyrocketed once the transition was made. Mentioning them is very appropriate, as their business model is "pay to play your way", similar to what PSO2's will be.
    PSZ : HUnewm Lv85+
    Infinity : Lv128 ; Br28
    -----------------
    Twitter: @Jthreau

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

There is no reason to drop price. Thats up to theyr own choice. Usualy price are dropped because US simply arnt willing to pay for.. its a demand and supply question, nothing else.

@Misto, i dont leech them, those people enjoy when i visit them and watch at theyr location, so its kind of a double win... so there is no reason to pay for it in my term. But its rather rarely, im not that much of a sports freak.
    The laws of supply and demand.... Why did you have to bring that into this debate? True, most US players are not as likely to pay $6 for something so trivial. False, not all will or will not pay $6 for a virtual item that's going to go away in 30 days.

Even though I will say that a lot of this moaning and groaning is a little bit much, because In many respects I like the ability to choose what I can or will pay for in the game. Meaning that if it's not something that I find necessary to have, I simply won't buy it. I pretty much have intended on spending money on this game, so that wasn't ever an issue to me. However, it's when things begin to become unreasonable that its an issue. I don't mind forking over $$ initially for somewhat basic functions. It's really the recurring thing that is starting to seem really irritating. There are enough people that will spend LOTS of money on little nick-nacks like costumes, consumables and other extraneous features that SEGA could reap a lot of revenue from. (Even I would buy some of those things)

I'm aware that this is pretty much a redundancy of what other people have said. With all that said I guess we will have to see how else our wallets will get sucked dry. Who knows, maybe some packaged deals will actually be reasonable.
    PSU JP/ * 生気 * CAST (F) Lv. 180 (GT-20) [r.i.p.]
    PSO2 JP / 生気 Newman (F) [RA 40, FO 25]

Even when it cost 18$ a month, its not more than the cost i had on PSU. Even better without auto charge. In that term i get more, for same... on F2P.

Quote Originally Posted by Link1275 View Post
    The laws of supply and demand.... Why did you have to bring that into this debate? True, most US players are not as likely to pay $6 for something so trivial. False, not all will or will not pay $6 for a virtual item that's going to go away in 30 days.
    I added it already, the supply is indeed endless, but the demand isnt. Means they have to adjust price according to the most effective demand ratio for the supply provided. JP didnt get rich without the ability to calculate, finally its all about "getting the most out of it".
    Last edited by Xenobia; Apr 18, 2012 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    Funny how all you have to do to get someone to write a whole essay is disagree with them on the internet.

High-school teachers and College professors should be studying this.
    For once, you have commentary that I can actually get behind!

Even when it cost 18$ a month, its not more than the cost i had on PSU. Even better without auto charge. In that term i get more, for same... on F2P.
    Pretty much what I have been saying this whole time. People who already played PSO and PSU won't have that many issues with the "Freemium" system.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I'd join in the discussion, and weigh the pros and cons of purchasing extra bag space, but...

All I'm seeing is, spend $6 a month for something that will barely help you. If bagspace costs this much, what about myroom? Shop and trading? Clothing? I paid twice that much for full access for a game. The price doesn't seem right, at all.
    I know that, technically speaking, I have a budget of $50 when I start the game and $10 a month after that. But if everything else costs this much, I can see myself exceeding that budget.

No, the only reaction I can give is exactly what I gave in my first post.
    Spoiler!

What I don't understand is, if it barely helps you... why do you feel the need to buy it? If you're not going to buy it, and it barely makes a difference, why complain about it?

And why go into baseless speculation about with the price of everything else will be? I mean, golly, you have no idea what everything else is going to cost...