Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

i think as long as they don't make core components to the game have to be bought through the cash shop it will be ok. Inventory space/cool gear/meseta/ all that stuff thats fine to me, thats what cash shops are for, obviously they have to have some reason for people to buy the stuff there.

Dont get me wrong, im a big supporter of F2P. But the stuff surely have to be fair priced in some way. Anyway, in term its barely any use... i dont need it, thats indeed true. May others pay a lot for and grant me with Segas dev power.

Whiskey/Newearl Addict Lance813's Avatar

You guys are seriously ridiculous... $15/month is what you'd be paying for a monthly subscription. This thread is a joke and should probably be locked.

If you were planning on playing PSO2 before we heard it was F2P then stop complaining... If you aren't planning on playing, then why are you even here?

Furou-uen | Rhysa | Aeryssa | Lance

At least they've stuck with the one thing I hoped they'd do from the beginning: they're not structuring the cash shop in a way that gives you a direct advantage over another player. That is, you can't buy weapons and such from there, mostly cosmetic things and ways to make the game somewhat easier as of now. That could of course change, but personally I don't have a big problem with the cash shop as is as long as they stick with that idea.

As has been stated in this thread before, you can still play this game 100% free and get pretty much everything out of it. You can still try a very large portion of the game before you'd want to spend a single dollar on it. They'll profit as long as they put out a good product.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance813 View Post
    You guys are seriously ridiculous... $15/month is what you'd be paying for a monthly subscription.
    What is $15/mo? Nowhere is $15/mo mentioned. We have no idea what the prices will be for other things. It could very well work out to significantly more than $15/mo for your monthly trading/storage/myroom/myshop package rental plus doing gachas for outfits and whatever else. Or it might not. We don't know yet.

All we know is that they're charging the equivalent of $6 just to unlock some extra storage space for a month. That's not encouraging. Say they charge $6/mo each for your myroom unlock, to unlock trading, and to unlock your shop. That's $24/mo right off the bat.
    This thread is a joke and should probably be locked.
    Or, how about, if you don't like it, don't participate in the discussion. This thread is breaking no rules, and no one cares if you think it's a "joke".
    If you were planning on playing PSO2 before we heard it was F2P then stop complaining... If you aren't planning on playing, then why are you even here?
    Paying a flat monthly fee for a complete game isn't the same as being nickled-and-dimed through various micro-transactions and timed rentals for in-game services, especially if it works out to more than a standard $15/mo (though really, the standard for PSO/PSU has always been $10/mo, not $15) subscription fee.
    Last edited by kyuuketsuki; Apr 18, 2012 at 06:47 PM.

The standart PSU P2P fee on XBL for my nation was 18$. US was 10$ indeed, but that doesnt help me... out in order to get some more sandwiches a month, im kinda skinny ya know!

US got close to highest Sandwich Index.. and still lower fee ...

In fastest earned (big mac to work time ratio):
    1. Japan
    2. US

Most expensive each unit:
    1. Switzerland
    2. Norway
    Last edited by Xenobia; Apr 18, 2012 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post
    Paying a flat monthly fee for a complete game isn't the same as being nickled-and-dimed through various micro-transactions and timed rentals for in-game services, especially if it works out to more than a standard $15/mo (though really, the standard for PSO/PSU has always been $10/mo, not $15) subscription fee.
    Certainly true, but I personally like having the option of what I choose to throw at Sega per month. Maybe the first month I put in $30, $45 for some outfits and such, but the next couple of months I don't buy anything. I'm sure most players will end up averaging out to $15/mo or so, thus Sega still profits, but at least I have an option now. If I decide to put down the game for a few months and then decide I wanna slice some Rappies in half, I don't have to pay to do so.

That's true, and I don't mean to seem like I'm outraged or anything... yet. I'll withhold my outrage until we know exactly what all the prices are and can gauge how much it'll cost to play the game with the features I want.

Whiskey/Newearl Addict Lance813's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post
    I'll withhold my outrage until we know exactly what all the prices are and can gauge how much it'll cost to play the game with the features I want.
    Yeah, do that. I was speculating on the price of premium service. It'll be anywhere between $13-18 bucks. A bunch of people complaining about paying a few bucks to play a game they can play for free is a joke. The only reason I said this thread should be locked is because people are starting to be unreasonable, just like when PSU was about to be released, and infractions are going to be handed out.

So don't come at me. It's childish.

Furou-uen | Rhysa | Aeryssa | Lance

Quote Originally Posted by Lance813 View Post
    Yeah, do that.
    Oh good. I love it when people who come into a thread just to bash everyone else get all condescending when they're called out on it.

Your speculation on the pricing is baseless and, therefore, doesn't serve as an excuse for calling people "ridiculous" on their speculation that it might be significantly more than what you think. Oh, and nobody needs your permission to complain or even be in the forums at all, just so you know.
    So don't come at me. It's childish.
    Last edited by kyuuketsuki; Apr 18, 2012 at 07:10 PM.