Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default PSO2 on Mac Observations and Help

I'm currently on a 2011 15" MACbook PRO, and decided if anyone else was on the dark side and needed help with installing or using the game/ character creator that there should be an easy to read thread for the process.

4/18
    With the character creator I was initially unable to save my characters. I discovered this was likely do to write permissions since I was using VMware Fusion 3 and a version of WinXP. After a bit of fiddling with turning the shared folders on an off, I was able to save my character files.

While using my virtual machines I usually get around a 2000 score on the benchmark. It hasn't allowed me to turn on the shaders. While I think this would probably be playable, I want to see how well I can make this Macbook run PSO2.

I've made a backup with SuperDuper! of my whole HD and OS and I am preparing to make a partition for Bootcamp to see how much of an improvement there will be on an "actual" Windows machine rather than a virtual one.

I have about 14 hours to figure out bootcamp and install windows and the beta onto there. I'll update with any hiccups or progress.
    Last edited by Quebe_Lae; Apr 18, 2012 at 07:10 PM.

I've never had any problems running on Mac. I have a 2010 iMac with min specs, so I'm sure you'll be fine. If it's not in a virtual machine it is literally no different than any other PC.

I'm on a 2011 27" Imac running windows 8, installing bootcamp is not that hard actually, it's better then running the game in VMWare

13inch 2011 MacBook Pro
    Windows 7 via bootcamp
    Game runs smoothly so far.

Any suggestions on playing with my Xbox 360 controller while running bootcamp? Will I need special drivers or is it just plug and play?
    Can't we all just get along?

Quote Originally Posted by skyly View Post
    13inch 2011 MacBook Pro
    Windows 7 via bootcamp
    Game runs smoothly so far.

Any suggestions on playing with my Xbox 360 controller while running bootcamp? Will I need special drivers or is it just plug and play?
    Should be plug in and play if you have a wired controller, if you have a wireless controller you'll need an wireless adapter, alternativly you can use a PS3 controller with DS3Tool(i think that's what it's called) and set it to basically emulator a xbox 360 controller

Update:

"Which versions of Windows work with Boot Camp 4.0?

You can use Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, or Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate with Boot Camp 4.0. Windows XP and Windows Vista are not supported with Boot Camp 4.0. "

Welp. Hrm. Any ideas? I really don't feel like splurging $200 on a Japanese enabled Win7 when I have a perfectly serviceable Windows XP key.

Yeah, I'm running Windows 7 through bootcamp on a brand new 27" iMac as well. Boot camp took me about an hour to completely finish, and it has been working flawlessly ever since.

This thread is relevant to my interests.

Looks like several folks have a setup like me (2011 MacBook Pro), so I'm curious to see the best way to run PSO2 without buying a windows machine.

I was thinking of "Bootcamp" + Win7 Premium... But will be keeping eyes on this thread.
    PSO2 -
    Ranger
    Cast
    Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Quebe_Lae View Post
    Update:

"Which versions of Windows work with Boot Camp 4.0?

You can use Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, or Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate with Boot Camp 4.0. Windows XP and Windows Vista are not supported with Boot Camp 4.0. "

Welp. Hrm. Any ideas? I really don't feel like splurging $200 on a Japanese enabled Win7 when I have a perfectly serviceable Windows XP key.
    I still think i'm using boot camp version 3.1, should be able to find it online somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Kudwafter View Post
    I still think i'm using boot camp version 3.1, should be able to find it online somewhere
    T_T I think I'm SOL since I'm running on Lion.... Uuuuaaagh. Time to ask father for a present?