Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Default Hard Mode and Time Attack

Vote for our team name!

So when I hit level 20 and gain access to hard mode, I'll be spending almost 100% of my time there.

I need 2 more competent people to roll with. There's already myself and Nuru. I usually like to run marathon sessions, so have food and water at the ready (preferably water and something quick and easy with meat in it. Hot pockets come to mind). If you're interested, feel free to send me a friend request.

Note that I'm not asking for ONLY 2 people. I realize people have jobs and real life to deal with (lolwut) and thus, can't be online all the time. Let's turn this into WoW for a second. I need 4 "Main Raiders" (Nuru, 2 other people, and myself) and any number of "Side Raiders" to fill in for when the "Main Raiders" are busy.

When Open Beta rolls around, I will be creating a team (guild). Skype/Vent (depending on what we decide to use) is always a plus and heavily encouraged, but not required.

I know a lot of people like to play this game casually, and I can respect that. However, if you're a casual player, then I'm not looking for you and would kindly ask that you not waste my time in the future by claiming you're hardcore in this thread and end up being casual in-game.

So yeah, I think that just about covers everything. If you're interested, let me know. If there aren't enough hardcore gamers in this community, then feel free to let this thread die. Thanks for reading, and I hope that at least a couple people are interested so we can get a full on hardcore group up and running to farm for gear and top the leaderboards in Time Attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Porkmaster View Post
    Now, I know "hardcore" is a tough word to place. Some people claim to be hardcore because they can sit and play for 12 hours. Well, that's not my definition. Those 12 hours don't mean anything if you're dead for 2 of them. My definition of hardcore would be: Know your class, know the combos that yield the highest amount of damage possible, know how to dodge, and know the invincibility frame of your dodge, know how to focus fire (Dark Ragne's legs and Vol Dragon's tail come to mind), etc. I care more about overall skill rather than amount of time played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkmaster View Post
    Note that being on the side list doesn't mean you're any less skilled than any of the people on the main list, it just simply means you can't put in as much time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurusanura View Post
    Basically we are going to be administrating a hardcore team. If you are on the hunt for the best weapons and completing the challenges in the least amount of time and maintaining that record, then you are in the right place. Most important thing though is to have fun with it. Sure having the rare weapons and bragging rights is always cool, but to some people, the work and effort put behind these things may not be their idea of fun.

We are always recruiting for those who are interested in becoming the best at playing their class, or in the game in general. If you play any other online games, that is fine, as long as you can play this game like a boss. I play FFXIV myself and i know id spend a lot of time with pso2 while waiting for ffxiv2.0 and perhaps even beyond that if pso2 holds true to worthy updates.

For those who are not joining the guild, but will be doing runs with us are still welcome to do so. However, it is unfortunate that we may choose guild members as top priority. Though this is most likely going to happen when the game is released. As for open beta, we will be completely pick-up.

Anyways, just a quick message i wanted to give out. When news of the open beta is announced, ill be talking with pork about setting up a team forum and from there we can discuss what the best builds are for each class and the diversity of player roles on each weapon type. Thanks for your interest and happy gaming!
    The list so far:

MAIN (Need a Force):
    Porkmaster (Ranger)
    Nurusanura (Hunter)
    Peejay (Ranger)
    Resa-tan (Hunter)

SIDE:
    Goldwing
    Taitu
    moorebounce
    vividspider
    RemChu
    ClothoBuer
    Last edited by Porkmaster; May 26, 2012 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Added Classes for Main Members

open to being a "side raider"+^_^+ but more likely I'll go where soubrette goes+^_^+
    i have finals the next 2 weeks so ima be busy busy busy+^_^+
    has headset+^_^+
    Last edited by Chik'Tikka; May 10, 2012 at 12:27 PM.

Feel free to count me in on helping you guys out. I'll be spending a great deal of time every day on the game anyway.

A glare more piercing than any spear.

Hellz yeah count me in as a main raider when i play i play for huge amounts of hours at a time.
    Damn.

Id love to join you in this. Due to my work sced ill have to be a side tho. As for the guild part i wont be joining it. And what is your def of hardcore? I do not claim to be hardcore
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

p.s i got vent and teamspeak as well as a headset of course. ;p
    Damn.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Uhm, I don't think Time Attack is gonna be in the beta, but full release. Hardmode should be though. Unless I'm getting it mixed up.

Also hopefully Time Attack will indeed be the same thing as Challenge mode. >_>;;

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    Uhm, I don't think Time Attack is gonna be in the beta, but full release. Hardmode should be though. Unless I'm getting it mixed up.

Also hopefully Time Attack will indeed be the same thing as Challenge mode. >_>;;
    I know Hard Mode will be in the Open Beta. I'm not sure about Time Attack. It does look a lot like challenge mode, though.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Yeah Time Attack is definitely not in beta...

"Open Beta Test Features

New Planet (Lilipa)
    New Field (Desert)
    New Boss (Gwanada)
    New Enemy: Robots
    New Story Quest
    Class Level 30′
    Hard Mode

Official Release Features

New Field (Frozen Soil)
    New Enemy (De Marmoth)
    New Enemy (King Yede)
    New Enemy (Yede)
    New Boss (Marmoth)
    New Boss (Snow Banshee)
    Class Level 40
    New Costume and Hairstyles added to AC Scratch
    Mag’s 3rd evolution.
    Time Attack Quest"

I'm DEFINITELY looking forward to hard mode. Something tells me I should still put down my make-everyone-in-the-room-your-bitch-wired-lance though.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post

I'm DEFINITELY looking forward to hard mode. Something tells me I should still put down my make-everyone-in-the-room-your-bitch-wired-lance though.
    Wired Lance is too much fun. My absolute favorite hunter weapon in CB. It's so good at locking down pesky enemies by using them as wrecking balls. Then finish them off with a piledriver and walk away.
    Coming Soon!