Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Actually that's probably a good idea, since it'll bother a lot of RMT's; Wanna sell your meseta for real money? buckle up, my friend.
    It won't stop RMT-ing, but it should make it less of an issue.

P.S. Keep in mind that even if you can't "trade", you can still join a PassWorded game and drop the items/meseta on the floor, or even use a middle man, so it's not like you're completely blocked from exchanging items with other players. Which unfortunately also means RMTs aren't completely blocked either.
    Trade systems are made specifically so that one doesn't need to rely on a third party or the trustworthiness of their trade partner.
    Either both parties toss in the correct items, or no one loses their items. (This is ignoring hacked items in both cases)

With both drop trading AND third party trading you have to take a gamble.
    Is that Red box really a SPECIAL WEAPON, or is it a Photon drop?
    What about that guy who's holding both our items? I didn't invite him, you did. How am I supposed to trust him moreso than you?

Cutting out the built in trade system just to handle gold sellers is like gutting your cat just to make sure it doesn't poop on the bed while you're gone.
    And unless your game intends to go the EVE Online route, where practically everything is player handled, trying to expect players to "get along" with flimsy trading is about as smart as shooting yourself in the foot because it itched.
    Last edited by C-Shan; Apr 24, 2012 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Shan View Post
    With both drop trading AND third party trading you have to take a gamble.
    Is that Red box really a SPECIAL WEAPON, or is it a Photon drop?
    What about that guy who's holding both our items? I didn't invite him, you did. How am I supposed to trust him moreso than you?
    Actually, I indicated the middle man system because it's already working pretty well for the "community" that has appeared around the Steam Trading system; I too was skeptical about it, but it seems to work wonderfully well, mostly because as people trade and are used as middleman they gain a certain reputation; like buying on eBay, but doing so from a seller with 3k votes with only 10 of those negative.

Item drop trading would only be for those you trust, of course.

I told ya' the cash shop was going to be bad. Rent a room. Pay to feed your mags. Pay to trade with other players. It's going to get worse, too. Sega is clearly going full chinese-mmo with their content-payment model. If you'll bite the bullet and pay for it, Sega is going to make you pay for it.

If it wasn't for the fact that Diablo 3 hardcore characters were barred from using the real money auction house, I'd probably cut online RPG's out of my life entirely. I don't like where this industry is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsacar View Post
    I told ya' the cash shop was going to be bad. Rent a room. Pay to feed your mags. Pay to trade with other players. It's going to get worse, too. Sega is clearly going full chinese-mmo with their content-payment model. If you'll bite the bullet and pay for it, Sega is going to make you pay for it.
    Considering we have no pricing info, that's a bit a of leap. But that's fine, who am I to stop people from freaking out.

Where the hell are you getting the idea that you have to pay to feed your mag, though?

You've got 700 posts. You have to be way more active here than I am. How could you not know the grisly details, yourself?

Giving you a 2000 word report with references isn't a viable use of my increasingly infrequent free time, so I'm going to dump a blog on you. I'm kind of assuming you already read it.

http://pso2blog.wordpress.com

Since you've got me on the ropes, I'll admit that, technically, shoving a sword into the little guy doesn't appear to cost money. Everything else related to the raising of mags does. You want another mag? Segabucks. Reset the stats of a mag you have? Segabucks. Special units? (And don't think for a moment these won't have in game advantages over standard mag types.) Segabucks. The only people who won't be shelling out real money to raise their mag (singular, not plural) are the individuals who will be playing a single character with a single role (atp dps, for example) with a standard mag. Do you guys remember how many mags we ended up having to use with all of our different characters to play them effectively in ult? Sega's got our balls in a salad shooter.

There's no "freaking out" about it. The info is out and they're charging almost exclusively for features we took for granted in prior games. I'd rather just be paying a monthly fee for a standard set of features that mirror the content availability in prior titles. (Maybe that's what the premium pack will do. That'd shut me up!)

The latest panic I'm hearing about is the whole idea that you have to pay for the ability to trade with other players. I'm assuming this is just a combination of player rooms having rent (so no player shop without paying said rent) combined with the death of the "drop an item" feature.

don't want to pay to trade with other players, i understand shops and storage limitations, i understand extra characters and and mags, i understand consumables and outfits, i understand the room (and AC content that will exist for it) and i except these things with glee (havn't not played PSU in a year has me, well you know), but i can't wrap my head around pay to trade...
    i hope we can at least trade with other players properly+^_^+

You've got 700 posts. You have to be way more active here than I am. How could you not know the grisly details, yourself?

Giving you a 2000 word report with references isn't a viable use of my increasingly infrequent free time, so I'm going to dump a blog on you. I'm kind of assuming you already read it.
    This personal attack is losing you lots of credibility. Not good, bro.

Since you've got me on the ropes, I'll admit that, technically, shoving a sword into the little guy doesn't appear to cost money. Everything else related to the raising of mags does. You want another mag? Segabucks. Reset the stats of a mag you have? Segabucks. Special units? (And don't think for a moment these won't have in game advantages over standard mag types.) Segabucks. The only people who won't be shelling out real money to raise their mag (singular, not plural) are the individuals who will be playing a single character with a single role (atp dps, for example) with a standard mag. Do you guys remember how many mags we ended up having to use with all of our different characters to play them effectively in ult? Sega's got our balls in a salad shooter.

There's no "freaking out" about it. The info is out and they're charging almost exclusively for features we took for granted in prior games. I'd rather just be paying a monthly fee for a standard set of features that mirror the content availability in prior titles. (Maybe that's what the premium pack will do. That'd shut me up!)

The latest panic I'm hearing about is the whole idea that you have to pay for the ability to trade with other players. I'm assuming this is just a combination of player rooms having rent (so no player shop without paying said rent) combined with the death of the "drop an item" feature.
    You have to understand that the core of the game is free-to-play. Compared to the other games in the series, you had technically already paid for these features when you bought the game(on top of a monthly fee). With PSO2, you simply pay for the features you want. It sounds perfectly fine to me from a consumer standpoint as well as from a business standpoint.
    Last edited by Dinosaur; Apr 29, 2012 at 06:41 AM.
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom

Why Do I Still Post Here? BahnKnakyu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    I've played a variety of games both in free and paid content, and so far from peoples reactions it's starting to look like the korean made F2P MMO's.
    This. I don't want Sakai thinking that this is the way to go.

Pay money for cosmetic stuff, fine. But that's pretty much the only place where I draw the line.

I'd gladly pay for a monthly sub if it gets me back all the options I had in PSU.
    * 98% of people like to put character progress in their signatures. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your signature.

AKA SilverCross/Pikachu Quatre52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur View Post
    This personal attack is losing you lots of credibility. Not good, bro.

You have to understand that the core of the game is free-to-play. Compared to the other games in the series, you had technically already paid for these features when you bought the game(on top of a monthly fee). With PSO2, you simply pay for the features you want. It sounds perfectly fine to me from a consumer standpoint as well as from a business standpoint.
    This!
    Especially when we consider that we still have no clue what the actual price will be for all of this.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Yeeaaahhhhh...

I don't care if the cash shop is selling 500% exp and drop rate items. (The level cap is only gonna start at 40, so anyone playing now will just keep reaching new level caps anyway.)

I just want more ways to get My Room for free. D:

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.