Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

there really isn't much of a reason to, enemies have tons of health and if you were to sit wacking away at them forever you'd be there for a very, very long time. or just get blindsided by another enemy.

It's useful against enemies you outlevel, but against formidable enemies spamming basic attacks is suicide. There isnt enough crowd control in regular attacks to stay safe and deal decent damage

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

It's also still better and only slightly slower to time attacks, dodge and mix in PA's.

Why would you want to play so boring as to just hold one button till something smacks you?

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

So far so good. I'm not unhappy with anything in particular; all I'd like now is harder encounters, because Card Force is trumping everything in the beta.

EDIT: Completely slipped my mind, but playing during JP primetime on Day 1 was really miserable in terms of lag and connection issues. It would be nice if they ironed it out, but I could also see that being standard fare. Would be a shame, but it's not a huge issue since it's easy for Americans to sleep through the window.

My only regret is that I neglected Matters and Client Orders while I was still a low level, so I missed out on a few things... lesson learned. I've also had really bad luck with Foie disk drops; I didn't get Rafoie until Level 18, and I still don't have Gifoie... not that there's much I can do about that.

I'll probably focus on maxing the Charge/PP skills next time around; I made a beeline for Ice Mastery but the cap is too low to do anything with it, and it's not like I'm using just Ice. If anything, Fire is what I'll end up using most...

Good game, fun stuff, really interesting, I like it.
    Last edited by FenixStryk; Apr 21, 2012 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    I just looted an absurd gunslash PA though. It consists of lobbing a grenade, rolling back, and shooting it. The resulting explosion is huge (Rafoie style), and hits everything in it six or seven times for about as hard as a regular attack. I'm playing as a FOnewearl, and this PA outdamages EVERY SINGLE TECH I HAVE, even if they're charged.
    inb4 nerf, sounds like the spinning Wired Lance PA in the alpha X_X

PSO2 seems to be very smart with their PA balancing though. Most hits on many multi-hit PAs do significantly less damage than even your regular hits, this is most apparent with the Sword and Partisan. I guess they forgot to do this for that PA.

Speaking of PA, I'm trying to figure out the whole system; it seems I only know the PA for 2-Handed Photon Swords and the Gunblade. How do I go about learning additional ones--or any, for that matter when it comes to the Partisan and the Dagger-like-hook weapon (I have no idea what it's supposed to be)?

I looked down my skill tree and it seems I can place 1 point into either specialization further down the line--is this how I am supposed to learn PA's for these weapons? Thanks in advance.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hayde View Post
    Speaking of PA, I'm trying to figure out the whole system; it seems I only know the PA for 2-Handed Photon Swords and the Gunblade. How do I go about learning additional ones--or any, for that matter when it comes to the Partisan and the Dagger-like-hook weapon (I have no idea what it's supposed to be)?

I looked down my skill tree and it seems I can place 1 point into either specialization further down the line--is this how I am supposed to learn PA's for these weapons? Thanks in advance.
    Those green discs you pick up in the field?

Those are PA's.

Don't throw away the ones in your bag that have sword/spear/wiredlance/gunslash icons on them.

First option learns them, if it's grayed out, you either already have the pa or a higher level of it, or you can't learn it YET.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    Those green discs you pick up in the field?

Those are PA's.

Don't throw away the ones in your bag that have sword/spear/wiredlance/gunslash icons on them.

First option learns them, if it's grayed out, you either already have the pa or a higher level of it, or you can't learn it YET.
    They've been piling in the bank; thanks for the heads up!

So far, I'm loving the game. It's obviously a little difficult to get around with due to the difference in language, but it's nothing too major. It's *definitely* a step above and beyond what PSU had to offer. It's pretty much how I pictured PSO and the Portable series' love child to look like.

My only main issues are with the things that you have to pay AC for. When they said the game was turning F2P, I didn't think they'd be turning basic features into stuff you have to pay for, like trading or the often advertised "My Room." I'm also a bit confused, as I haven't attempted it, but are you only limited to one character per ship unless you use AC?

The enemies need to be alot more agressive on higher levels. That unlocked city mission was on level 16 while im level 8. I wasnt even doing my best and enemies just stood there while i was slicing them. I don't know. I feel like it aint right.

The AI is good, they just need to come at you more often is all, determined by their level

It's great, but I have a few problems with it:

1) The lag. I realise this is still Closed Beta so this can be sorted, but the amount of lag at JP peak times and disconnect errors can get a bit ridiculous. Plenty of time to fix it though.

2) Cash shop. It's way too extensive. I don't mind making some Arkz Cash purchases, but asking for AC to do something as minor as change hair colour? Kind of feels like I'm being taken for a ride.

3) Balancing. There still isn't a very good class balance. Ranger is still WAY too good (damage isn't a problem thanks to PAs and you have the safety net of range). There's a HU PA for Sword where you stun the enemy; this needs nerfing a bit in my opinion because it hasn't failed once for me. Again, early days and this might still need adjustments after release.

4) The matter board. I hate it. On a semi-related note, I also hate how much of a pain it is to unlock more missions. Would prefer it like PSU where you could choose what missions to do without the need for a lengthy unlock sequence. Sakai must be a fan of it because PSP2 was the same.

Aside from that, game seems good enough so far. I just don't think I'll ever bring myself to justify the extent of the cash shop.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)