Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Your thought about current weapon skill

So for everyone who already play PSO2, do you have anything to share about some weapon skill? do you think some weapon type are too strong than the other? or just too weak? Let's discuss it in here.

I had an issue with my trusty assault rifle skill set. Most skill does fine as they should, but these two skill are quite bothering me.

-Piercing shot (the 1st skill you have): My auto atk has more damage, while the projectile speed is also slow and it doesn't have any additional effect. I think dev should add more bonus damage when you atk the weakness point.

-Surprise shot: The main annoying factor in this skill is the shooting position make you hard to shoot anything in front of you. I think the character should be move slowly on crouch position, rather than crawling on the ground. Give this skill buff that reduce nearby enemy agro also is a good idea (only if you had a party).

My skill wish to be added in open beta.
    Focus Shot
    Description: Load the custom ammunition that deal massive damage with great velocity. The user cannot move while using this skill.
    Effect: -User got extra linear aiming circle for better aiming
    -The projectile travel faster than any rifle skill (except shotgun) in cbt
    Power: 300 at lv 5
    PP: 35

I hope someone could translate all the opinion in Japanese for the feedback later on.
    Last edited by Archandes; Apr 25, 2012 at 12:19 AM.

Launcher Weapons in General:

Too powerful, needs to be toned down.

Well, when it comes to striking weapons, I'd wouldn't say that they're too strong, but rather that common, non-boss enemies are too weak. I know it's on 'Normal' difficulty, so my inference may not hold much water. We'll really have to wait and see if we can ROFLSTOMP monsters on higher difficulties before we know for sure.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Apr 25, 2012 at 12:33 AM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

^ this, godlance = you're invincible because EVERYONE can be thrown.

Also would be interesting if gunslash had the class based dodging instead of only hunter's step.

Too brain dead to think of other stuff, but there's more things that could be tweaked, otherwise all the weapons in general are really unique and fun. They did a trillion times better on the weapons compared to the past games. (Lookin' at you, partizan/spear.)

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Jellen reduces damage received by too much (Although it is normal mode and we don't know how it will work on higher difficulties).

Rifle normal damage is way too weak even the extra attacks are just too low I don't know why but it seems like to me they are trying to make it like the mechguns ? lots of hits but low damage? I don't really get why an aoe based weapon hits much harder than a single target one. Sure a rocket launcher should do more damage than a rifle in real life, but from our knowledge in pso a rifle should be doing a lot more damage. Either launcher needs to go down or rifle needs to go up.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Iroquois Pliskin View Post
    Rifle normal damage is way too weak even the extra attacks are just too low I don't know why but it seems like to me they are trying to make it like the mechguns ? lots of hits but low damage? I don't really get why an aoe based weapon hits much harder than a single target one. Sure a rocket launcher should do more damage than a rifle in real life, but from our knowledge in pso a rifle should be doing a lot more damage. Either launcher needs to go down or rifle needs to go up.
    Please don't nerf my launcher. D:

I'm sure everything would be be fine if you just up the damage on the rifle...please?

....Ok, but in all seriousness, totally agree. Rifle just feels a bit....weak.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Exclamation

Launcher:
    *I really don't know about launcher right now, but it feels pretty balanced. Launcher is the hardest RA weapon to use right now because almost all of its PA shells require some sort of situational gimmick. For example enemies may move out of Crackershot before it does its real damage, so they have to be still. Clusterbomb has a big learning curve because you have to shoot it in the air. The one where you dash and blow the launcher in their face requires you to be at the right range so you dont overshoot or get hit. I think the only thing that needs to be nerfed about Launcher right now is that the giant Reload delay after the 3-hit combo you get while grounded does not exist while airborne, so you can shoot shells much faster. They need to fix that.***

Wired Lance moves
    *....I wouldn't call them OP at the moment. The electrocute one seems pretty powerful but it requires you to be still. The BIGGEST thing about the Wired Lance attacks is that they're all mostly Grab Type moves, which means most of them are alot less useful against Bosses.

Gunslash- *Thrillsplosion is definitely 100% the DEFINITION of 'completely OP'. Enuff said. The explosion does too much damage. I simply think they overlooked the multiplier on it. It's like Anga Jarboga if it only had a 0.5 second delay and was able to be done multiple times in succession.

Partisan- Speed Slash seems to be the biggest canadate for "op" but it honestly doesn't really do that much damage. The delay on partisan moves and the requirements to charge is usually enough to stop spam. They have GREAT AoE damage but i dont think they're that great 1v1. The AoE attack (spinning one) has ridiculous range with Gear and its supposed to, but i think it kind of makes you untouchable at a certain point.

Sword -Everything feels fine here, because the most damaging moves with Sword require the Gear to be full, and the gear is notoriously hard to keep up unless you're doing really good or have a huge amount of enemies to fight. Cruel Stab does CRAZY damage but doesn't work on anything that can't be grabbed.

Techniques -None of them really feel underpowered or OP. They all work the way they should, really. Forces have really limited attacks but they hit weakpoints easier than ANY other class in the game. You can aim Rafoie at Ragne's weakpoint and do maximum damage every time. You can aim Foie/Rafoie at Rockbears head and do max damage too. You can easily freeze the Dragon from a distance with cards. Any shortcomings they have with techniques are easily balanced by their strongpoints. Forces feel really great in this game.

Random notes:

^ Im guessing its a bug or forumla screwup? But Jellen is COMPLETELY freaking op. it turns bosses into a joke.

^ Weakshot...i dont know whether to call it OP or just really really good. A ranger can get a boss dropped dangerously quick with a well-placed weakshot.
    Last edited by Eggobandit; Apr 25, 2012 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    Also would be interesting if gunslash had the class based dodging instead of only hunter's step.
    Isn't that based on the weapon you hold, and not your class?

I'm sorry OP, but you are mistaken about Sneak Shoot, it's an amazing PA to take out single targets and rape bosses' weak spots.

I fail to see how launchers are 'too powerful', I clear missions faster using rifles.

The only comment I have - and not literally a complaint - is that one weapon can do anything. In PSO and PSU, you were carrying different weapons to face different situations: single target, large group of small monsters, big monsters, bosses, enemies resistant to a type of damage, weapons to apply SEs, etc.
    So far, the rifle can do all of those because the PAs are so different. I do not know what the other ranged weapon types are, but seeing the rifle can do just about everything...

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    I'm sorry OP, but you are mistaken about Sneak Shoot, it's an amazing PA to take out single targets and rape bosses' weak spots.
    I don't say sneak shoot is underpowered (who don't like constant 1k dmg on bosses anyway) but the current shooting position make its awkward and hard to aim on smaller enemy (Sometimes you keep shooting ground even though u aim it on the enemy head). Using crouch animation will make this skill much more useful and good looking, while you can easily aim most target size even with lowest height character.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    I fail to see how launchers are 'too powerful', I clear missions faster using rifles.
    Launcher are "that" powerfull. I have launcher that only has 170 atk comparing to my 220 atk rifle. The launcher does constant 200-400 AOE dmg skillspam, outgunning my rifle at multiple target hit (sometimes even single target hit).