Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Being able to enjoy it.

7 46.67%
  • The amount of pay.

3 20.00%
  • Having nice people to work with.

0 0%
  • Having opprotunities to get to a higher possition.

0 0%
  • For it to be easy.

1 6.67%
  • For it to be challenging.

0 0%
  • For it to be something that helps out others.

0 0%
  • The status it gives you.

1 6.67%
  • The amount of free time you can get.

3 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Subject

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tracon on 2003-03-21 16:33 ]</font>

Getting along and enjoying the company of the people I work with. The job itself, do I enjoy doing it. Do I feel comfortable doing the job and being around everyone involved.

Pay is followed shortly after those, but they come first before ANYTHING. If I don't love what I do, then it's not worth doing. If I love what I do, then it's NOT work.

Hell, I look at my job as social time really. I get along with practically everyone I work with(an entire nursing home facility). Right off the top of my head there's only one person that is overbearing and I can just tolerate to work with, but out of everyone in the facility thats the only person that gives me any trouble.

Look, he did it again.

Being able to enjoy it would be at the top, for me. Sure, money is nice as well, but if it's a job I hate I don't think I could do the work well enough to earn that pay. As for co-workers, I generally don't care who I'm around, so that doesn't make much of a difference. I don't mind time much, either, so long as it's past 10:00 in the morning.

I'm currently unemployed due to being unable to find a job I enjoy. x_X

Sweet as Juicy Fruit! ^-^

I look for something I enjoy. Usually I don't find anything, but whatever I find usually pays much. (daycare)

Everyone else has hit the nail on the head: if you don't enjoy doing it, then you aren't going to stick to it (unless theres a nine million figure sum involved, hehehe)

But not only that, some lines of work are very satisfying. Nursing, while it can be very enduring, can be very self rewarding and satisfying when a patient relearns an everyday action.

I remember at the funeral yesterday, my father told the audience the story when stephen (my deceased brother) had a patient who had both legs mangled in a motorcycle accident, and was an avid motorcyclist. The ward was about to discharge him because he could not learn to walk but he wanted one last try, and stephen pushed the organisation to give this patient one last go.
    Sure enough, he managed to walk again.
    When you have a passion for your work, and the care for those whom you're supplying to, you get back more than just a paycheck.

I probably will go into teaching after i finish my secondary schooling. there is a teacher shortage worldwide, can be very self-rewarding and the pay is comfortable enough.

Right now, just something to get money. I would love to work at a place where I didn't have to deal with customers, but that probably won't happen.

However, I want a job in something I am interested in. A job that is fun. Something that makes me amazed at the final result. That is why I am studying animation. It is a lot of hard work, but I am usually always amazed at the end result.

*reads above posts* ummm... yeh. what they said (i voted too you know).

to be able to enjoy your job is the first priority, second... ah well... money i guess. and that's why i wanna go in the army part-time by the end of this year. - but going through the 6 week training... O.o (i'll survive)

the most important to me is a good enviroment. i want to sit behind a desk in a empty store, put my feet on the cashregister, and play sentimental shooting on the store computer. not cramped in a cubicle or sitting on a stool at a grocery store. also, gimme carpet..nice, thick carpet i can take a nap on when the manager leaves

Friend To Rappies
    Trapped Somewhere in the Inner Circle of Fault

I look for something I enjoy, but haven't found anything yet, so Ilook for something that pays well, still haven't found anything. So I look for a place with friends working there. I decide to call my frien Drew then realize I don't have ANY friends let alone one named Drew. So I mow my parents/neighbors yards for 15 dollars. Lol wait thats not funny

Post Farmer (minus the S)

What the hell? None of you care about the pay? I can honestly say if I was paid well enough, I'd do almost anything. (Yes even the sick stuff.)