Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: PSO 2 Music

The music in this game is awesome so far.

I love how some of the BGM has parts of the older games.
    Like the forest BGM has a part in it that's from the first PSO.

My favorite BGM in the game so far is probably the Urban area music.
    Last edited by Demon-; Apr 26, 2012 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    My favorite track so far is the Mid-Boss song.

It's very Saturn-era NiGHTS-esque.
    YES

thx dood me luv u long time
    Duck Tales
    # of Members: 45

Requirement to join Duck Tales - If I like the cut of your Jib jk its free for all
    wait no i mean free for all

I'm already in love with all the Emergency Quest (Urban) music, seriously I wait until the servers get back online in the middle of the night just to hope for a chance to run through the city.
    I'm loving the design of the game aesthetic-wise and how the forest goes from rain to fog.

Sega has been known (at least to me) for making amazing soundtracks, and I have no doubt PSO2 will be just the same.

Nice thanks for this I was thinking about doing this but I decided not too. My fav track is the normal City Area one
    Last edited by Khasar; Apr 26, 2012 at 05:49 AM.

Hey guys. Thanks for all the positive feedback! I'll be uploading more songs today, but right now I'm in the long line of people waiting for servers to come back up. I'll upload the more common songs like Naberius Forest (and all its variations) and the Character Creation music shortly after I'm done tackling the less common songs like Vol Dragon's theme and variations, and Dark Ragne's theme and variations.

Dark Ragne may take awhile, as his theme has, at the very least, 3 different variations. More if I decide to upload the Near Death variations to his 3 main variations as standalone videos. Maybe even more than that if there's yet another variation of his theme if minions are on the field, like Vol Dragon's theme.
    Last edited by Porkmaster; Apr 26, 2012 at 06:11 AM.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Music:

1. I loved all of the classic RPG titles. They often pop up in my head during the day, and I'll start humming along. (Probably because of how catchy and pop like they were)

2. I was in love with PSO, and PSO Ep.3. The atmospheric quality and feel really sucked me into the world. I'd often fall asleep with PSO music playing because I felt it was that relaxing and trance like.

3. Phantasy Star Universe + Portable series: I didn't care for much of the music at all. I loved the games, for sure, but the soundtrack always left me longing for more. Most of it was either remixes of previous PS game tracks, too j-pop like, or something that felt bland. There were a couple of songs that really stuck with me though.

4. PSO2: It's that PSO love feeling all over again. I've already found myself going to sleep with just the music playing, haha.

I know, I'm .
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

I think the OST is fantastic, and way better than PSU.

Some people may not like it, because is more ambiental and atmospheric, making it "less catchy" but all the themes have awesome arranges, sounds good and they still have a little melodic touch like PSO.

PSU tracks were a tad boring IMO, especially it laked the variable transitions, making them easier to get bored with them. The god part about the OST of PSO is that acompanies what happens in your screen, whenever you are fighting or exploring, that was lacking on PSU, so you get tired of the song faster. Is it normal in an online game, were you spend a lot of time hearing the same song again and again. Hell, even in FFXI, with its FANTASTIC OST, I sometimes needed to take a break and listen something else.

Kobayashi and Tokoi are awesome (well, all of Wave Master dudes are amazing, Hataya, Ohtani, Namba...), they should never leave Sega.
    Last edited by FerrPSO; Apr 26, 2012 at 06:26 AM.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

I actually like the music and I like how it changes tempo any time you have enemies or not.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

I'm still hoping for another seabed battle music in this game!

I'd really like to get hold of some of the jingles/sfx of the game, such as the 'rare dropped' sound or something.

It'd make a killer text tone.