Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

Just wanted to pass on my experience with that benchmark program. We have 2 desktops and a laptop here in our house and that program was way, WAY off on all 3 of them. Both mine and my wife's desktops recieved extremely low scores from the benchmark. 2100 for mine and under 2k for hers. However, we both play the game at maxed settings including detailed chars set at 100 on screen with absolutly no framerate lag, hitching, or pc related performance problems. Her laptop however, scored almost 20k on the benchmark, but has to be on rock bottom setting to play smoothly and still has a bit of FPS lag if it gets busy.
    ^ ^....~

:sadface:
    Because I needed a signature...

My Ol'Phenom still trying to contend with the big boys XD.

Spoiler!
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

@ 2560 x 1440

Eh, ran the benchmark. Must say, I'm not to impressed by it. Maxed it out, 150+ FPS at all times, 200FPS in alot of areas.

Looks 2005-2006 ish, not terrible, very acceptable due to the MMO nature.

Just..eh. I don't know, not much of a Benchmark really! Now FFXIV, that's a benchmark!

Quote Originally Posted by Mkilbride View Post
    Eh, ran the benchmark. Must say, I'm not to impressed by it. Maxed it out, 150+ FPS at all times, 200FPS in alot of areas.

Looks 2005-2006 ish, not terrible, very acceptable due to the MMO nature.

Just..eh. I don't know, not much of a Benchmark really! Now FFXIV, that's a benchmark!
    Yes, you don't know.

Eh, you have a 670 and a 2500K. If you were getting under 100fps your post would be a completely different story (PSO2 UNOPTIMIZED FOR MY CARD EVEN THOUGH THE NVIDIA LOGO IS IN THE STARTUP SCREENS QQQQ). Am I lying? FFXIV's benchmark isn't any better as it gave high scores (even higher to AMD cards as 5850s were beating 480s) yet ran like crap when playtime game i.e. 40% of my 4.2Ghz i7 920 used and ~75% of both of my 470s used but still ~25fps on max settings in game. Same story even when running one card. PSO2 never had this issue. Come back when your E-peen loses its erection. Until then, enjoy your 670 to the fullest

Can't wait for FFXIV 2.0 :3
    Last edited by Phantasma; Aug 10, 2012 at 09:02 AM.
    天上無敵!常勝無敗!唯一無二のPhantasmaです
    Ship 2

E peen?

Oh no no, I'm just saying.

And yes, FFXIV is horribly optimized, 2.0 promises to be different with a completely overhauled Engine...we will see, hopefully a new benchmark will come out then.

FFXIV runs better with 1 GPU than 2. My second 670 actually -lowered-! my score...though the BEnchmark is over 2 years old.

Still, I don't know what I was hoping for here, I saw the videos, but I was hoping to see something really push my cards. The Benchmark was really short.

And didn't really do a variety of things, most Benchmarks test all the situations you'll get to in-game, I didn't see much of anything in this one.

and I read scores are bullocks anyways, a friend scored 900 and runs maxed out @ 70+ FPS.

Kinda OT, but what's a good server to just mess around on? I heard in passing Ship 2 is a good place to be for English speakers.
    Last edited by Mkilbride; Aug 10, 2012 at 09:43 AM.

Oh ok, I read too much into that last post then. My bad.

I'm sure ship 2 would be the best choice for fellow English speakers, but I chose ship 4 as servers were instantly filling up day 1 lol

Dang! Two 670s! Which ones did you get? I've been a big EVGA and MSI fan but their offerings don't look up to par this gen so I'm getting the gigabyte windforce in two weeks as I need my quiet and coolness. Gonna have to get the second one before I move to Japan this December as they are >$500 in the land of the rising sun >_< /OT
    天上無敵!常勝無敗!唯一無二のPhantasmaです
    Ship 2

Benchmark is not reliable, i got good FPS and some nice graphics yet a low score, far lower then any of these +2000
    In other words, whithout pushing things to far (no i don't mean the graphic options in the launcher, that's newbie tweaks) i have a pretty decent game and it looks quite nice considering what PSO2 is, let's be honest, PSO2 isn't exactly running the unreal engine.

So the score doesn't mean anything really, i can pretty much bet that my game runs as smooth as the 10k score ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma View Post
    Oh ok, I read too much into that last post then. My bad.

I'm sure ship 2 would be the best choice for fellow English speakers, but I chose ship 4 as servers were instantly filling up day 1 lol

Dang! Two 670s! Which ones did you get? I've been a big EVGA and MSI fan but their offerings don't look up to par this gen so I'm getting the gigabyte windforce in two weeks as I need my quiet and coolness. Gonna have to get the second one before I move to Japan this December as they are >$500 in the land of the rising sun >_< /OT
    EVGA GTX670 FTW Edition.

A few reasons;

FTW Editions use 680 PCB's, which mean higher OC's, better temp regulation, more coolers and waterblocks fit them.

FTW Editions are "binned" higher. My GTX670 FTW's hit around 1300MHZ each with a slight OC, which is pretty damn nice. However, I installed two custom air coolers, they are tight up against each other now and the first card is 5c or so hotter than the other, and due to SLi, you gain a 10c increase in emps for a few reasons;

1. 2 cards = more heat, simple.

2. The first card draws extra wattage over the SLI bridge, hence it has to cool more...and since it's air flow isn't so great(The second GTX670's PCB is almost firmly against it's twin fans)

Still.

With 1 card, I hit 55-c max in games, 99% usage.

With 2, I hit around 60-65c, rarely 70c in a few very intense games, and at 70c, Kepler starts to throttle.

As for the Windforce, I personally wouldn't recommend it, being Gigabyte, and the overall reviews put it's performance around the FTW edition, and barely runs cooler, despite using a custom cooling design. I recommend Artic Cooling pro Twin Turbo for the 670's, excellente, drops temps in half in most cases and completely silent.

The big reason I went EVGA though;

My GTX280, died, after 2 years of ownership. It had a 3 year Warranty. I sent it back to EVGA for about 7$ shipping.

They sent me back, a GTX470. Which I used for a little over a year. It was a 50% upgrade in performance.

EVGA's RMA service is top notch; they cover if you OC the card, modify the card, they will replace it, even if you over-volt and kill your card, the only reasons they won't replace it is if you physically damaged it, obviously.

But EVGA is awesome, and no longer do you have to register for the Warranty...all cards Warranty's are serial based.

And yes, I notice it's not running the Unreal Engine, it's graphics are much better.

Unless you mean the Unreal Engine 3.0, then again, art style comes into play.

As for .ini tweaks to improve graphics, care to tell me them? I mean with 200+FPS, might as well push the best visual quality out.