Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    Oh and in case you pop up out of nowhere to pick at my "70% of people enjoying it" like 4 "should this game have PVP threads ago" there was a poll, and let's just say "YES" had a LOOOOOT of votes.
    That means nothing unless you've carefully considered how a system would work without pissing people off. I sincerely doubt that has been thought out. And while a little competition is good, trying to just increase your epeen by hacking at eachother usually isn't the best way to make a contented community.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peejay View Post
    That means nothing unless you've carefully considered how a system would work without pissing people off.
    THAT'S WHAT THIS WHOLE THING HAS BEEN ABOUT sdfgjkajsfhgkafhlkjfg

And yeah, my ego is fine enough as it is, if I wanted e-peen points this whole forum already gave me lightyears worth. Like I already said all dabian is doing it repeating the same points untill some other people came up to argue about.

Notice how I knew at least SOMEONE would try to get at me for the poll thing. which ouch 70% was actually accurate, so you regardless of what people THINK they want, they want it, SEGA putting time in to developing it wouldn't be WASTING development time at all, because in general it's for the game and making it more fun.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Peejay View Post
    That means nothing unless you've carefully considered how a system would work without pissing people off. I sincerely doubt that has been thought out. And while a little competition is good, trying to just increase your epeen by hacking at eachother usually isn't the best way to make a contented community.

Oh

My

God

You want a system that doesn't piss other people off? How about a system where you manually choose the mode? You know, like PSO's battle mode? And PSP2's battle mode?

Oh wait i completely forgot how Battle mode ruined PSO and PSP2's content pool. I completely forgot how they ruined the community and turned everyone into an asshole. Oh DAMN also forgot how it ruined PSO Episode III as well. It REALLY ruined episode III, oh man it was such a stupid idea.

Im sorry about that.

You know, just because some of you wince in fear at the concept of a little competitive fun doesn't mean you have to go off the deep end in a bunch of completely illogical reasons why we're wrong and you're right.

If you think "PVP" means "Epeen and terrible community" then thats something wrong with YOUR definition of PVP. Not ours. Don't like it? Nobody cares! Why dont you just play the game regularly like you did in the other 2 entries of the game that had PVP? Just pray you dont get PKed or anything like in PSO or PS-OH WAIT
    Last edited by Eggobandit; May 2, 2012 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggobandit View Post
    Oh

My

God

You want a system that doesn't piss other people off? How about a system where you manually choose the mode? You know, like PSO's battle mode? And PSP2's battle mode?

Oh wait i completely forgot how Battle mode ruined PSO and PSP2's content pool. I completely forgot how they ruined the community and turned everyone into an asshole.

Im sorry about that.
    See?? this guy knows!

THAT's why I'm "hacking at the other guy" because people are being ridiculous! sklhahlkshlgkyjsg

/mouth foams

Polling PSOW = the entire PSO-playing community has spoken? Pass it along to Sakai. Battle mode's a done deal then.

Except, the game's going F2P, potentially drawing negative community elements that coupled with improperly done PVP, could potentially affect the community in general. It's no longer a case of "you don't have to do it." Understand that aspects of the game if not done right, will come back to haunt the rest of those who claim that it won't.

It's not merely adding a PVP battle mode and calling it a day now.

I totally want a card battle expansion. Then my PSO experience would be complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabian View Post
    Except, the game's going F2P, potentially drawing negative community elements that coupled with improperly done PVP, could potentially affect the community in general. It's no longer a case of "you don't have to do it." Understand that aspects of the game if not done right, will come back to haunt the rest of those who claim that it won't.

.........can someone please make sense of this?

I mean, i think i know what he's trying to say, but the moment i put any real thought to it, i can't get very far before i realize i dont have any clue what he's talking about.

So wait, wait....so somehow, being Free to Play means that PVP is going to be done wrong, which somehow means it's going to force everyone to play?

How can a seperate gameplay mode possibly affect anyone who doesn't want to even play it?

What does how even why i just dont-

Polling PSOW = the entire PSO-playing community has spoken? Pass it along to Sakai. Battle mode's a done deal then.

C'mon that's still just more nit picking that doesn't even add up to enough things to legitimately say BATTLE MODE shouldn't be added.
    Last edited by NoiseHERO; May 2, 2012 at 08:13 PM.

Yes, POTENTIALLY it could draw a combative community, POTENTIALLY it could hurt the overall community. Perhaps they won't be done correctly, or perhaps they will get it just right or at least give it the proper support to make it an excellent inclusion to the game. Simply turning down a new element simply because it might not work out is not valid as it may just as well turn out excellently.

If you want to play play a game of probabilities then you need to take into account what is already known. Has SEGA failed to deliver anything on this game yet? So far SEGA has listened very closely to the PSO community at large and has taken very large strides in creating a fun and engaging game experience. They have already proven that they're willing to take some risks in game design and have managed to pull them off beautifully. With that being said probability seems to be leaning farther towards a successful inclusion of a new feature than a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by PSO Addict View Post
    I totally want a card battle expansion. Then my PSO experience would be complete.
    This guy deserves a medal.