Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Wait Vyse is in this? Peaked my interests now.

(Also agree about putting Welkin in Edelweiss comment, but I'm having a hard time imagining that Tank transforming haha.)

The last Sonic Kart game wasn't bad. It was done by the Sumo team, which IMO actually knows how to do decent arcade racers. The bad is that they often get a bit overlooked along with the franchise itself. Then again, their earlier efforts were often horribly advertised. Like the Outrun 2 home conversions.

Be warned though, the first one had a definite learning curve in it as the difficulty spikes earlier than it should.

I think the Sonic name being separated is simply a marketting thing. They believe only stuff with Sonic's name will sell well for the company, so they didn't just want to call it SEGA All Stars.

Watch out, you never know if a release of Phantasy Star Online 2 will end up being called Sonic and Phantasy Star Online 2, even though he'd have no part of the game except for perhaps an event appearance and a collectable.

Still, it's about time they start bringing in all their franchises into the fray. Even Konami knew that they could grab from a lot of licences when they did their Kart racer. They should add a whole slew of them in and perhaps see what kind of popularity spawns from the inclusion of said characters. This is their chance to go Phantasy Star, or House of the Dead, or Vocaloid, or Shining Force, and a number of others..
    Last edited by Akaimizu; May 2, 2012 at 09:47 AM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

As much as I'm sick of people hating on Afin. Sonic would be an extremely entertaining side-kick.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Cool. Loved the first one, was refreshing when I didn't have a Mario Kart readily available to play. I guess the only advice I'd ever have with the first game is drift all the time (like in any Japanese racing game...) and let off the gas on sharp turns.

You know...

Like when...

you are driving...

jesus christ people

Really, I'm just hoping that this one doesn't freeze up randomly and have laggy menus like the first one did.

Also, if they must include Super Monkey Ball again, make those tracks less horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarode View Post
    Cool. Loved the first one, was refreshing when I didn't have a Mario Kart readily available to play. I guess the only advice I'd ever have with the first game is drift all the time (like in any Japanese racing game...) and let off the gas on sharp turns.

You know...

Like when...

you are driving...

jesus christ people
    What's this "driving" crap you're talking about? It's a racing game - the only valid actions with the gas are to stomp it down completely, or rapidly mash on it when making turns.

Or maybe we need another F-Zero.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

If you want to be real, there are three ways to go about drifting. I prefer the all out method.

Doesn't look too bad. Thinking about getting it.
    Not sure if I want it on PS3 or my Vita though.
    I don't care if this is anything like MK7, I'm still getting it.
    Same goes with LittleBigPlanet Karting-- getting that, too.

Honestly, if a game looks fun, that should matter more than if a game looks like a clone.

The addition of a Panzer Dragoon stage makes me happy. I know the chances of a Panzer Dragoon sequel are unlikely to ever happen despite this, but like having Ryo Hazuki and Alex Kidd in the last game, it's just nice to bring these characters and stuff back into the modern age at least for a brief moment.

I imagine Nights will be a playable character this time since there was a lot of fuss over him/her/it being left out last time. And I get the feeling we'll see the space harrier guy pop up in this one, since there's flying segments. Ecco the dolphin may even make a cameo appearance in the water areas!

I don't what anyone says, to me NiGHTs is a girl and Reala is the dood and Jack needs to be in more games.
    Last edited by yoshiblue; May 2, 2012 at 06:42 PM.