Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    I believe it's based on your available VRAM.

Like the folks above, I had 200 as my maximum, and I'm running two 2GB GTX 560s (note: they have to mirror each other's VRAM data, so they don't double the VRAM count just because there's two of them).
    i see, that makes since, i have 2gb vram on my 540 so my thought is they havn't finished whatever reads the cards cause it must not have recognized mine and gave me 5 and only 5 to render and i didn't know about the user setting thingy in notepad+^_^+

It seems 200 is the max then? I did read one account of 300 but the poster was not positive. I have 1024MB of VRAM on my 560ti (though, supposedly up to 4GB via Windows 7's shared memory....I have 16GB total system RAM for rendering purposes) and my maximum count was at 200.

If it is indeed 300, then there's something we're missing here; because I've seen accounts of people with higher GPU's than mine capping at the same point, unless there are other factors. Still, I can't see much more I can upgrade to get a higher character count (running with a 2600k, SSD (not that it should really matter for this) and you already know about my RAM stated above. Could try tweaking the INI file, but @200 it seems perfectly fine as it is...