View Poll Results: How do you feel about the level cap at launch?

Voters
195. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's too low to begin with.

80 41.03%
  • Level 40 is just right...

62 31.79%
  • We don't need to go higher.

5 2.56%
  • I like turtles...

48 24.62%
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

If anyone's playing this game JUST to level up, they've got nothing to lose in a sense.

When I played the closed beta, I've only been doing missions (trying to figure out the japanese in the Matter board and trying to hunt Rares). But the thing is I haven't bought anything using the Arks Cash (Well there was that one Scape doll thing but that was by accident).

Point is, as someone stated before this game is free to play. If they max out their level and that's all they care about, they can leave and play another game until the max level is raised. People won't have that crutch of paying a monthly fee just to start playing the game again.

This is what I liked about PSO v1. If I got tired of it or when a new game came out, I could just drop it for a while and then come back to PSO when I wanted without paying for it!

So that all being said- *looks* .... hold on....

*TACKLES A TEAL DEER*

I understand the Closed Beta cap was level 20, the Open Beta is going to be level 30 and when the game is released the cap is level 40.

If the cap is going to be raised every other week, then as Hrith said, this argument is moot.

*LETS THE TEAL DEER GO*

Also if you want to put the poll into a dichotomy (which would be "Level 40 is too low" & "I don't care about the level cap"), then the majority of people do not care about this inital level cap.

^ A lot of people don't play just to level up, but if you're hunting items and you're not getting any, well, you're getting nothing. That can be rather demoralizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    No, we are not forgetting. Ceresa has made a very good post about it in this very topic.
    We all know hunting rares is the main idea of PS games, but on Normal? >_>
    Have you played PSU v1, do you remember it? We did not have rare items for like six months, when they first released a difficulty high enough to see some drop...

I do not think the people who agree Lv40 is too low (majority on the poll) believe for one second that the level cap sums up the content of the game...
    Don't worry, we already had rare weapons in CB.
    Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    I'm wondering if the CB drop rates will reflect OB. I did mostly rare hunting for 70 hours and never found anything higher than 4 stars. I was expecting at least a varista.

Honestly, even at level 20 I never found that cap to hinder my ability to have fun completing random events and rare hunting. Although I don't get bored easily, still playing PSO1 afterall.
    Priest (HC) on all games. Ship 2: FO/TE

Hunters Club since '01. It's a club, not a clan!

i really think after thinking this over for a bit that most of us will be rare hunting/getting our weps to perfection. and if your like me you will be to occupied with trying to figure out what dose what and why it dose this. lvl really isnt going to affect the game play for me tho namely because i cant play it 24/7 like most people. yea when i was younger jobless and really didnt have much else to do then it would be a diff story ill hit max lvl in a month tops and by then im sure the cap may or may not be raised either way ill find something better to do in the game.
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

I wouldn't expect those to reappear so quick in the Open Beta. They all seemed to have lowered stats to be able to even be equipped and seemed mostly for show.
    The "3rd Model of 2* Generic Weapons" surpassed the 7* Weapons stats already. (You could view them at the title counter.)
    Last edited by Vashyron; May 6, 2012 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keizeh View Post
    You kids are basically screaming "WORK HARDER! WHY ISN'T IT DONE YET? I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HOW MUCH WORK IT TAKES TO CREATE A GAME"
    Are you making this up?
    It took me a week to reach level cap because I have a life.
    No, please do go on about this "a life" you have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strider_M View Post
    as Hrith said, this argument is moot.
    This argument never existed until he posted. Before that it was a simple discussion about a simple topic.
    Will work for Scape Dolls and Super Star Atomizers.

'We'? As in you played the CBT and I did not? >_>
    7-star items do not qualify as 'rare', sorry. They'll be the plague of higher difficulties, as they were in previous PS games.

Please you all stop assuming people who think the level cap needs to be raised are not aware of the other aspects of the game, we are as much as anybody.

This thread is gonna be closed because of Hirth...
    Will work for Scape Dolls and Super Star Atomizers.

I think the point about already having rares in CBT was within the understanding that we only had lvl 20 characters doing, what was the highest, lvl 17 monster content.

Rares, going by the PSP/PSP2:i model, also included non-15/16 star rare drops. Some had aesthetic value, some could be extended into best-in-slot. Some were tribute items, and others were the obligatory Japanese game must-includes.

Taking a week to level cap doesn't necessarily mean you have a life. It could (and I stress, could), also hint at incompetence? For example, those who get world first max levels in World of Warcraft expansions did so in mere hours of game time. You don't suppose they could spend the rest of the week, I dunno, having lives? And were the rest of us just plain bad?

No of course not. (I refuse to believe I suck at WoW. Hint: I do). The rate at which the level cap is reached also shouldn't be the only gauge of whether it's too low/high. I trust most of us here look at the level cap in the context of what we think will be the level of content to go alongside it, and formulate our opinions based on that.