View Poll Results: How do you feel about the level cap at launch?

Voters
195. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's too low to begin with.

80 41.03%
  • Level 40 is just right...

62 31.79%
  • We don't need to go higher.

5 2.56%
  • I like turtles...

48 24.62%
Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Default Level 40 limit for final...

Simple topic, had this on my mind ever since i heard the news a while ago so here we go.

My only concern is, is level 40 too low of a cap at the start of launch considering the beginning level caps of past PSO/PSU/PSP games.

SEGA said they will raise it more and more as more content gets released and that makes perfect sense but 40?

Let's hear it.
    Will work for Scape Dolls and Super Star Atomizers.

i think even into full release they are still doing testing, i think they capped it to 40 to limit possible glitchers/hackers from glitching their level up+^_^+ if such exploits are found, SEGA can fix them before raising the lvl cap+^_^+
    EDIT: another thing i would like to mention is how other F2P MMOs do it, some of them you get near lvl 100 and it takes a week of farming the strongest enemies you can fight with cash shop exp boost items just to get 1% on a lvl+^_^+ i wouldn't be surprised if t took people 3 days constant runs to get from lvl 35 to 36+^_^+
    Last edited by Chik'Tikka; May 4, 2012 at 08:49 PM.

Since they are going in a different direction with this game and making your class represent your character level, I think it makes sense. Especially since you get 1 point for your skill tree every level. Makes me wonder what the MAX level will be. Honestly, I can't see it being any higher than 100. Or they would have to have a very locked down skill tree (you need like 15 points in one skill to go to the next) or you stop gaining skill points after a certain level.

Also if sub-classes come out in a future update, that will be another way to level your character. Kind of funny that NOTHING has been mentioned on them in quite a while though (other than Sakai stating that he wants to make additional classes)

Seems it may be a slight indication (though nobody can be too sure) of the content that will be ready to roll by the game's release, and possibly any supplemental content released thereafter. It was fairly easy to hit the cap in the closed beta, but nobody really knows what 20 more levels means as of yet.

I do find it odd that the cap for the open beta will be 30 with the final game adding only 10 more levels to that. If level progression could be used to gauge how much content they have ready, a lot of people will have seen 3/4 of the game's content by the time the game is released. That will certainly hold me back from trying to power level through those 30 levels in open beta form if the cap is any indication of how much content they'll have ready to release after the game's launch.

Not nearly high enough. People are going to cap out in less than a week, I predict. Not a smart way to start.

Regardless of the level cap there'll be lots more to do after that, you can level your character to 40 on his/her 2 other classes, you can hunt for rares, do time trials, Finish up the matter board if you haven't, do more client orders, take npcs on missions to get their liking of you up, build up meseta... plenty to do after you hit the cap.

Hrm, we'll see. Right now, I'm not too bothered by it, but it's gonna depend a LOT on how constant the stream of new content and increased caps will be. It can work, but it can also utterly fail.

It's only a starting cap. PSO started at 100 PSU started at i think 20 or 30. Also they can expand as much as they want so I don't see the problem. As long as they leave enough memory for their variable to go up beyond some low number i don't see what the problem is.

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Talking

Too many people rush to level and consider the game over when they reach the cap. i think you should raise weapons instead of levels. That way it will take forever to reach max.
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Not nearly high enough. People are going to cap out in less than a week, I predict. Not a smart way to start.
    That's the main thought i had in my head.
    Will work for Scape Dolls and Super Star Atomizers.