Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think I can safely say I wouldn't. The recent hanging of Saddam Hussein was all over the web, I haven't watched that, and hangings seem fairly tame compared to a burning or any form of torturing. Although I don't know if I'd actively turn people away from watching it.

I personally don't mind HORRIBLE, GOREY BLOOD AND GUTS EVERYWHERE kind of stuff when its NOT actually happening to an actual person.

If it were something like that in a movie, I'd be eating popcorn probably, but happening to an actual person, no thanks. I think letting them rot in a hole in the floor filled with diseased rodents and sewage is a far more fitting punishment than Mere execution for some, child rapists and childkillers for example. The rest, shove em in a blank room with no human interaction for the rest of their existance.

The area I live in is full of trash, I say make them fight to the death for their welfare check that they'll just abuse in some way or another.

I couldn't watch anyone be killed even if they were convicted murderers...
    Unless they harmed/killed someone close to me. Then I would stare them down until their last breath with a look that said 'You deserve the pain'.

I was actually shown a video of a hostage getting beheaded by one of my "friends" at college as a "joke" (Yeah really funny guys). It was only 5 seconds long but it was the most disturbing thing i have seen in my life and to this day i haven't really gotten over it.

I can watch films like saw etc without being fazed now, the real thing just doesn't even compare. There is just some things in life better not knowing.

Agreed, Kairi.

Its....different, to see the end of an actual person's life, especially something violent.

Seeing people die is a part of nature...there is a reverent quiet that comes....but a violent end just draws forth Dark Emotions, despair, sickness, or anger. There is no good to come of it.

In life, sometimes it must come to a point where the only way to survive, or ensure the survival of another, is to end someone Else's life, but except for these very rare cases where it is truly justifiable, where there is NO other way at all, there should be no sanctioned System for Killing people, Seal them away forever, without any human interaction if their crimes are such an atrocity, they too will eventually die like their victims did, but let them suffer an existence without the light or warmth of the sun, or any contact with humanity at all. That would drive one mad, and to suffer a fate like that is truly horrific enough to be considered a Bad End as an execution could be. Steel cubes with a simple narrow slot for food and air, machines dispensing food at regular intervals, a simple, small hole in the floor for waste disposal. No light....no sound...nothing from the outside.

That is a punishment, a hell....to simply Kill someone for killing others makes no sense from the standpoint of a Fitting punishment. You simply are shunting them along to either, dependent on your beliefs, whatever comes next for people like them, or the Void. A quick and brutal. end when they deserve something so much worse first. To lose one's mind is truly terrifying. I should thing the denial of anything that could sustain someone's psyche to be much more fitting than simply executing them publicly.

Ok I have some serious issues of my own....

But my idea still stands as suggestion for Alternative Punishment.

A castle clouded beyond the mist and rime, in the depths of your mind

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi-chan View Post
    I was actually shown a video of a hostage getting beheaded by one of my "friends" at college as a "joke" (Yeah really funny guys). It was only 5 seconds long but it was the most disturbing thing i have seen in my life and to this day i haven't really gotten over it.

I can watch films like saw etc without being fazed now, the real thing just doesn't even compare. There is just some things in life better not knowing.
    Joke?? What the hell is wrong with people!? >_<*

*gives Kairi-chan a big hug* ._.

That one place you may or may not have been... East-side

Quote Originally Posted by Squall179 View Post
    Agreed, Kairi.

Its....different, to see the end of an actual person's life, especially something violent.

Seeing people die is a part of nature...there is a reverent quiet that comes....but a violent end just draws forth Dark Emotions, despair, sickness, or anger. There is no good to come of it.

In life, sometimes it must come to a point where the only way to survive, or ensure the survival of another, is to end someone Else's life, but except for these very rare cases where it is truly justifiable, where there is NO other way at all, there should be no sanctioned System for Killing people, Seal them away forever, without any human interaction if their crimes are such an atrocity, they too will eventually die like their victims did, but let them suffer an existence without the light or warmth of the sun, or any contact with humanity at all. That would drive one mad, and to suffer a fate like that is truly horrific enough to be considered a Bad End as an execution could be. Steel cubes with a simple narrow slot for food and air, machines dispensing food at regular intervals, a simple, small hole in the floor for waste disposal. No light....no sound...nothing from the outside.

That is a punishment, a hell....to simply Kill someone for killing others makes no sense from the standpoint of a Fitting punishment. You simply are shunting them along to either, dependent on your beliefs, whatever comes next for people like them, or the Void. A quick and brutal. end when they deserve something so much worse first. To lose one's mind is truly terrifying. I should thing the denial of anything that could sustain someone's psyche to be much more fitting than simply executing them publicly.

Ok I have some serious issues of my own....

But my idea still stands as suggestion for Alternative Punishment.
    LOL agreed, this is much more fitting than a graphic execution... If anything, the person should be reeducated to see what they did was wrong I believe. Killing the person is too easy anyways, and plus according to my beliefs, whats going to happen after they die is FAR worse than what happens during that public execution.
    1 Corinthians 13 Love suffers long, is kind, envies not, isn't puffed up, doesn't behave unseemly, seeks not it's own, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil, rejoices not in sin, but rejoices in truth, bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things, love never fails... (MATTHEW 24:3-51)