View Poll Results: What is your opinion on ppl who want to marry the same sex?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have nothing against gay marriage

18 26.47%
  • I am totally for gay marriage

7 10.29%
  • I'd rather they not be allowed to marry. Civil unions are OK

2 2.94%
  • Marriage is between a man & a woman. There shouldn't be same sexy anything.

5 7.35%
  • I don't support gay marriage or civil unions, but I'd allow them to adopt.

0 0%
  • I don't support any special rights for gay/lesbian couples. Including adoption.

0 0%
  • I fully support gay marriage, adoption, and all other rights for gays/lesbians.

28 41.18%
  • I'm unsure about these questions. Tell me more.

1 1.47%
  • I have no opinions about gay marriage, adoption, or anything like that.

7 10.29%
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default Gay marriage/civil unions (with a poll this time)

Hmmm it seems big, super important news in the United States so I thought I'd ask you about it.

What is your opinion on gay marriage? On civil unions.
    Take the poll.
    I am =THE= SilentWanderer. If you have seen me around elsewhere, you can be sure this is me Here.

Live and let live, that's all I'm really going to say on this topic. I worry about my own life, not trying to dictate the lives of others.

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Live and let live, that's all I'm really going to say on this topic. I worry about my own life, not trying to dictate the lives of others.
    I wish everyone was like you!
    The world has enough problems to worry about (war, famine, guns, bad teachers, etc.) then who someone sleeps with or marries.
    I'd really like to see a lot of replies, so pls give your opinions and vote.
    I am =THE= SilentWanderer. If you have seen me around elsewhere, you can be sure this is me Here.

Neither for nor against. Each and every individual works in different ways and the way they live is up to them.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

I'm a supporter. No one should be so outright oppressed as to not be able to marry whomever they want. I openly bash any sort of gay-hating sect for their garbage bigotry.

I don't care whether your reasons are religious, personal, or what have you, but if you're against rights for homosexuals, or anyone really, then fuck you.

Black people won their rights after hundreds of years of hate. Gay rights will come in time, as well. Hatred always loses.

EDIT: The reason I didn't vote for the "I fully support gay marriage, adoption, and all other rights for gays/lesbians." option is because I didn't see it. I think some of the poll choices are kind of redundant.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; May 10, 2012 at 04:55 PM.

I stand for traditional marriage. It is a sacred bond reserved solely for a man and woman's parents; a tool to be used as a means to secure business contracts, broker peace between families, and the raising or lowering family social status within an outdated and defunct caste system. Those who wish to marry for petty selfish reasons such as "love", and carry out clandestine ceremonies shall be severely punished, to wit, by excommunication followed by exile or execution.

(btw, where exactly are we drawing the line here? Are we going all the way back to traditional polygamy... in which case, go Mormons I guess. Or are we standing up for traditional marriage by banning miscegenation? I kind of picked a middle point between the two, but if you're not going to ban interracial marriage, then the current "traditional marriage" is only like 40 or 50 years old, which makes it kind of hard to argue for it's sanctity and reverence. Or hey, here's an idea... why don't we allow everyone to get married to whomever they wish regardless of race or sexuality, and we draw the line at preserving the "sanctity" of marriage at not cheating on your fucking wives and husbands! Or is that too much to ask? Are just not ready yet to stop fucking whoever we want, and then rather than stand behind the idea of a sanctified marriage we just pay lip service to it by choosing an arbitrary class of people to say "no, this is sacred, you can't have this" to?)

Seriously though, I have no problems with gay marriage or same-sex couples adopting children. As private organizations, I don't think Churches should be required to recognize or marry gay couples against their doctrinal teachings (and I don't know of anyone who seriously advocates that they should), but by the same token, the Church should have no authority or weight in the discussion over secular state-sanctioned marriage ceremonies. Live and let love.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; May 10, 2012 at 05:54 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

I'm all about representing my brothers and sisters. But I gotta say. The world just needs to respect one another. Like a few posts above said each person lives their own life and there are also bigger issues that need to be looked at. It's not the fact that the same sex wants to marry each other, but the fact that they want the same civil rights. That's the problem with civil union is that same sex still don't get the same rights as marriage and that's pretty BS(but that's the closest I can find to my answer =/).
    Last edited by VANNO; May 10, 2012 at 05:54 PM.

Click on image or this for examples.
    PLAYER ID -12462545] [ TEAM - CRAPPYRAPPY

People are doing odd, unnatural things all the time. I say let people do what they want. It's their life.

Although I totally be trollin' to bring up this topic, but in the U.S. at one time it was against the law to marry someone of another race.
    And it was unlawful for a woman to vote, they simply could not.
    And lastly, blacks were considered property and there was an actual institution, backed by governments, and citizens, called slavery.

Until all people are liberated, and seen equal in the eyes of the law, the U.S.A. will not be a true democracy.

Until that day comes, I will fight with every ounce of my strength. Every fiber of my being. Ever second of my time, to make equality for all people a priority in how I treat others. And I will fight for it at the courthouse, because unless it's The Law, people will ignore it.

I won the Nobel prize for texting while on duty Ithildin's Avatar

Religion, whether you believe in it or not, has to move with the times.
    Click On Banner