View Poll Results: What is your opinion on ppl who want to marry the same sex?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have nothing against gay marriage

18 26.47%
  • I am totally for gay marriage

7 10.29%
  • I'd rather they not be allowed to marry. Civil unions are OK

2 2.94%
  • Marriage is between a man & a woman. There shouldn't be same sexy anything.

5 7.35%
  • I don't support gay marriage or civil unions, but I'd allow them to adopt.

0 0%
  • I don't support any special rights for gay/lesbian couples. Including adoption.

0 0%
  • I fully support gay marriage, adoption, and all other rights for gays/lesbians.

28 41.18%
  • I'm unsure about these questions. Tell me more.

1 1.47%
  • I have no opinions about gay marriage, adoption, or anything like that.

7 10.29%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Over here, Portugal marriage is already legal. it wasnt legalized for equality, but for good will on the voting banks. this country isn't prepared for married gay couples and i'm afraid of the damage this could deliver to the glbt community over here. many of us are socially outcasted and obviously targets of "sad things" since most of the male leads on tv shows are openly gay and married now "over here" its getting better.

unfortunately i lived allot of time in fear, and this country now is evolving "lets call it evolving" rapidly, which makes some blabbering cowardly bigots mad and they attack.

my opinion over getting married? ok get married do what you want, you only live once go for it
    be happy with your soulmate, should you get married in a religious way? i wouldnt because for me it makes no sence "atheist"

id rather trow a party with close friends, have someone from the family "matriark or patriark" to do wtever the priest usualy does, so getting married in a symbolic way, the just sign a paper and youre married.

i really hate big weddings.

thats what ill do if i ever decide to "marry" someone. probbably a guy that plays pso. if it still exists by then.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Peejay View Post
    Your faith can be in Jesus, just as long as you're not in the Church. People have weird, antiquated views on that whole association anyways. I don't understand the "WORSHIP HERE OR IT DOESN'T COUNT" garbage. Jesus is always written up to be a kind and generous soul, too, so by that choice of actions I think you'd be more in the right. Isn't that what it's all about? Acceptance?
    This thread is an opinion poll on what individuals believe about the status of gay marriage. If you want to discuss what you view as to the shortcomings or hypocrisy of religious institutions, you can make a new thread dedicated to that purpose so long as it stays fairly civil.

This is not the place for it.

Though admittedly I think discrimination IS okay because the people discriminating are about as smart as a roadkill fungiform.
    So it's alright that ignorant bigots should remain bigoted by the very virtue of their ignorance? That makes no sense. Ignorance isn't something that should intrinsically shameful, as it's the natural state of everybody. However it's not a virtue, and it ought to be rectified whenever possible. Especially when it can be so damaging that it threatens to kill or drive others to suicide.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post

So it's alright that ignorant bigots should remain bigoted by the very virtue of their ignorance? That makes no sense. Ignorance isn't something that should intrinsically shameful, as it's the natural state of everybody. However it's not a virtue, and it ought to be rectified whenever possible. Especially when it can be so damaging that it threatens to kill or drive others to suicide.
    gotta agree.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

I'm homosexual. I tried to get married to my partner, and when we were waiting, looking for a place we could go to do that, the state we live in banned it outright. It will not change us, or stop us, we will find a way.

I've been beaten until I almost died, to protect him from a man with a knife, who called himself a good *insert religious title to avoid naming a specific group and avoid starting an issue over it* I kicked the knifeman's ass but had some serious internal injuries from that blade passing into my gut at least three times during the brawl. I'm willing to die for our right to be treated as equals in the eyes of the law and be given our long overdue civil rights, as much as I am to protect him....Are any of you willing to die for your own civil rights to be upheld?

If someone took away your right to vote, to get married to someone you loved, and to try for it anyway was to risk fatality...would you take that chance anyway, for a better tommorow?

I, personally, say Hell Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    I stand for traditional marriage. It is a sacred bond reserved solely for a man and woman's parents; a tool to be used as a means to secure business contracts, broker peace between families, and the raising or lowering family social status within an outdated and defunct caste system. Those who wish to marry for petty selfish reasons such as "love", and carry out clandestine ceremonies shall be severely punished, to wit, by excommunication followed by exile or execution.

(btw, where exactly are we drawing the line here? Are we going all the way back to traditional polygamy... in which case, go Mormons I guess. Or are we standing up for traditional marriage by banning miscegenation? I kind of picked a middle point between the two, but if you're not going to ban interracial marriage, then the current "traditional marriage" is only like 40 or 50 years old, which makes it kind of hard to argue for it's sanctity and reverence. Or hey, here's an idea... why don't we allow everyone to get married to whomever they wish regardless of race or sexuality, and we draw the line at preserving the "sanctity" of marriage at not cheating on your fucking wives and husbands! Or is that too much to ask? Are just not ready yet to stop fucking whoever we want, and then rather than stand behind the idea of a sanctified marriage we just pay lip service to it by choosing an arbitrary class of people to say "no, this is sacred, you can't have this" to?)

Seriously though, I have no problems with gay marriage or same-sex couples adopting children. As private organizations, I don't think Churches should be required to recognize or marry gay couples against their doctrinal teachings (and I don't know of anyone who seriously advocates that they should), but by the same token, the Church should have no authority or weight in the discussion over secular state-sanctioned marriage ceremonies. Live and let love.
    I've never understood the way marriage is generally presented nowadays. It seems the benefits to marriage in USA is simply to secure the belongings of your partner, to own the same assets they do. Also to avoid getting deported as an illegal immigrant. Love is just an influence to going through with that business, though considering how much money I've been offered to marry some people money certainly is a nice motivator too if it isn't the only reason people marry anyway.

That being said, how can we have a discriminatory law that denies the country's people to not being able to participate in the game of marriage?

I don't want to say too much on the church but if that is really what influences against equality then I'd love it if the church could pay taxes too.
    Watch all my ship 1 adventures on Twitch!

I say let them have the right to get married, as long as they're happy is what should matter. Never take away a person or people's happiness if you don't want yours stripped from you.

That one place you may or may not have been... East-side

I cannot support gay marriage, period. My stance used to be, whatever, just let people do what they want, but I learned life has order and samesex marriage and sexual relationships aren't meant to be. I have gay friends, so I don't hate gay people as far as saying "Oh, you're gay so that makes you less human than me", I just can't agree with what you're doing, and I tell my gay friends that it's not right, they listen to me, and we have a mutual understanding that, you're living this way, me another way. If you ever decide to drop what you're doing, I got your back, but I got no love for what you do, and I'm not supporting it. If someone in my family robs a bank and goes to jail, do I stop loving them? NO... But I will tell you, hey look fam, what you did was wrong, you're still my family, but you're in the wrong. Same thing here. It goes against my beliefs, period. Or I should say, the one who I believe owns this universe, the people on it, and therefore can decide the course of our conduct. I'm supposed to speak the truth and help correct you and educate you, what you do is your business after that. It's your decision. EVERYONE has done something wrong, so If you're gonna beat a homosexual, then you might as well beat the infidel that cheated on his wife, the rapist, the child molester, and the whore-monger. That's hypocrisy, and why a lot of people hate Christians (or so called Christians.). So i'm clearing that up today, anyone beating homosexuals in the name of Christ/God, is either not a Christian or an uneducated one.

But yeah, no go for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall179 View Post
    I'm homosexual. I tried to get married to my partner, and when we were waiting, looking for a place we could go to do that, the state we live in banned it outright. It will not change us, or stop us, we will find a way.

I've been beaten until I almost died, to protect him from a man with a knife, who called himself a good *insert religious title to avoid naming a specific group and avoid starting an issue over it* I kicked the knifeman's ass but had some serious internal injuries from that blade passing into my gut at least three times during the brawl. I'm willing to die for our right to be treated as equals in the eyes of the law and be given our long overdue civil rights, as much as I am to protect him....Are any of you willing to die for your own civil rights to be upheld?

If someone took away your right to vote, to get married to someone you loved, and to try for it anyway was to risk fatality...would you take that chance anyway, for a better tommorow?

I, personally, say Hell Yes.
    I respect your resiliency, determination and courage, and sorry for the fact that guy tried to kill you in the name of what he thought was doing God a service. Even Jesus said "The time is coming when people who kill you THINK they're doing God a service." But yeah brother, I can't support the act of gay marriage, but the choice is yours. Ultimately, I'm saying God loves you, and doesn't want you, or anyone else involved in that.

Quote Originally Posted by darkante View Post
    I have nothing against gay marriage. As long they are in love and there for each other at all times, whom am i to judge.

My faith is in Jesus, but i´m open minded.
    Brother, you can't support gay marriage and follow Jesus. Jesus said by design, marriage is between a man and woman, it's God ordained and can't be rewritten for anyone. Neither can lying, cheating, stealing, hypocrisy, pride, envy, hatred, or selfishness.

http://www.gotquestions.org/gay-marriage.html

Being open minded, and going along with the flow are two different things.
    Last edited by Outrider; May 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM.
    1 Corinthians 13 Love suffers long, is kind, envies not, isn't puffed up, doesn't behave unseemly, seeks not it's own, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil, rejoices not in sin, but rejoices in truth, bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things, love never fails... (MATTHEW 24:3-51)

If my impression of you is right I like you, washuguy. You seem to focus on the good stuff that the Prophet Jesus said. This world needs more folks who can reasonably learn peace from religious texts.
    Watch all my ship 1 adventures on Twitch!

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Didn't see this one coming either. <-humoursly almost relevant reference to raven symone o_o

(Assuming it's real)

AND A THIRD COINCIDENCE, ROCK EASTWOOD AND CLINT EASTWOOD THINK ALIKE!

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by washuguy View Post
    Brother, you can't support gay marriage and follow Jesus. Jesus said by design, marriage is between a man and woman, it's God ordained and can't be rewritten for anyone. Neither can lying, cheating, stealing, hypocrisy, pride, envy, hatred, or selfishness.

http://www.gotquestions.org/gay-marriage.html

Being open minded, and going along with the flow are two different things.
    As i see it, love has no gender.
    So why does it matter?
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0