Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Arrow PSO2 JP will be One or international ?

Ok we tried the beta and the alpha and we all Know that Sega is working on new thing for the game once its release in Japan and we all know that everyone gonna get there hand on the game once come out. BUT for how long gonna last really. I am not 100% sure about this and I don't have no Idea how this gonna play out. but question is in minds and many people may debate on this subject or Agree with this subject. And think what are your true motives are about PSO2.

WHAT IF Sega made a decision be international ? or go back there old ways

when does come to a point ? would you say YES in the matter if was true or false If all players from all over the world can share the same server and language on pso2 for example like in the game of Final Fantasy XI Online where they do coexist and interact one another. We know how the Japanese players feel about us coming to there games. but problem with us we don't care and we do what must be done just play good game of Phantasy star.

Now don't be jerk and just state your true feeling about this and comment or share your Ideas about pso2 and what you think about all this. will you stay in the Japanese side play there game or you gonna let Sega make the same mistake like they did with psu for the xbox/ps2/pc

this my opinion ok :

I think that Sega of Japan should not hire or will not aloud Sega of America run the PSO2 at all. I think that Sega of Japan should run the show and only hire GM from there Company. No offense to the American people but we are lazy people went come to a jobs like this one or any job we deal with . there a lot prof how many lazy the employees working for Sega company in North America. But this my opinion and how I truly feel about this.

That was just annoying to read but i get your point i think and my answer is simply no. I'm not really into a global worldwide version of PSO2 where everyone on the world shares one server. Im just fine with playing on the japanese one and if months later a english version should be released i would play that.

but problem with us we don't care and we do what must be done just play good game of Phantasy star.
    Reading this i think you meant that we have to play on japanese servers just to have PSO2 aswell. Apply english patches etc but thats just how things are. Besides PSO2 is still in development and since it comes from japan its only natural to me that their focus is on their own region.

Btw:

would you say YES in the matter if was true or false If all players from all over the world can share the same server
    In fact it was allready like this and hopefully there will be no region restrictions in future releases.

I hope that SoJ releases globally with a server for English Speakers ship that is somewhere in the west rather than Japan, but I don't want SoA to get anywhere near the game. I'm tired of buying SEGA products and getting shafted because SoA is a garbage company.

My main concern though is not where the servers are or an english translation as those can be overcome. My main concern is the game shutting down "Again"

Quote Originally Posted by JCGamer View Post
    I think that Sega of Japan should not hire or will not aloud Sega of America run the PSO2 at all. I think that Sega of Japan should run the show and only hire GM from there Company. No offense to the American people but we are lazy people went come to a jobs like this one or any job we deal with . there a lot prof how many lazy the employees working for Sega company in North America. But this my opinion and how I truly feel about this.
    It's not being lazy, Sega of America is just that capitalist, it will try to go with what works and ONLY what works, it doesn't want to take risks.

That said, it's still losing money as a result. It's usually like four or five top dogs making the choices for what happens to the whole company.

SEGA of America has no say in the matter. Updates to the US servers are handled by SEGA of Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by catwat View Post
    That was just annoying to read but i get your point i think and my answer is simply no. I'm not really into a global worldwide version of PSO2 where everyone on the world shares one server. Im just fine with playing on the japanese one and if months later a english version should be released i would play that.

Reading this i think you meant that we have to play on japanese servers just to have PSO2 aswell. Apply english patches etc but thats just how things are. Besides PSO2 is still in development and since it comes from japan its only natural to me that their focus is on their own region.

Btw:

In fact it was allready like this and hopefully there will be no region restrictions in future releases.

This is why the other PS games have shut down in the US..... it needs to be global -.- the only reason PSU for 360 is still up, is because the JP, US, and EU are all together.

US PSU PC/PS2 was shut down
    PSO for GC/Xbox was shutdown in US long before JP was
    and PSO BB was shutdown a good bit before the JPs was as well

Regardless what it is released for, we will play.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    SEGA of America has no say in the matter. Updates to the US servers are handled by SEGA of Japan.
    This ^ Edward on PSU said the said the same thing years ago. I feel bad for SoA in general, they're sort of stuck between us always moaning for more and silence from SoJ as well as all the legal issues that undoubtedly arise from games, hardware, software, and info crossing international lines, after all, Uncle Sam wants his cut+^_^+

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Default Well

If they do not merge them then I will play the jpn server. The treatment of non-japan gamers by sega is beyond unfair. I will not risk it this time.
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    To quote a friend of mine.
    it was still up to the SoA team to get the content localized or at least convince SoJ to release the content as it would benefit SEGA as a whole, there was no LOGICAL reason we shouldn't have gotten the same updates. But this isn't just about the content, it was downtimes, crashes and instabilities, dealing with hackers (which we all know pso is still plagued with) and overall horrible and abusive moderation/administration. Theres no excuse for the way SoA ran our servers for both pso and psu.
    The lack of content is not the reason why I don't want SoA to touch another PS server, its the things my friend explained.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.