Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbinder View Post
    Sad but true.

Although I'll be playing on the JP servers I still have my fingers crossed that things turn out well on a global scale. I'm still kicking myself for not asking Sakai about a global release when I was getting his autograph. Maybe next time.
    He would have given you the same answer that Bonkohara did on Facebook in reply to the same question.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    He would have given you the same answer that Bonkohara did on Facebook in reply to the same question.
    Never hurts to ask though.

I don't mind playing on JP Servers.
    Just please have a language option that is all i ask.

I dont want to mess with patch's.
    Damn.

A caseal contruction lab, someplace on the guardians colony...

If they had all players on the same servers, and just gave designated ships for reigons (I mean, ship 2 block 20 was already designated an english segment, what's to stop them from being like 'ship 1 - japanese, ship 2 - english, ship 3 japanese', etc.), it seems like it would be way easier. Considering how easy it was for people to patch the JP files to english, I could see many groups, SoA included, both happily and easily giving us english patches or whatever. I mean, hell, I highly, highly doubt ANYONE would care if they had to deal with japanese for a day or two after patches for english translations to come out, especially if there was a team doing it as opposed to one person.

But I'm sure Sega will pick the dumbest possible solution. :l

Making a Mega Man clone! Check it out! http://gigaguygame.blogspot.com/

But Miyoko, what about of all those Japanese playing in Ship-2? Won't it feel weird that without being aware of this situation they later get labelled on an english server? I think that if they plan to split up like a cake their main server, since you can't call it JP server yet since it's only one. They may give chances for transferring to the members, like any MMO does when they do major movement about servers.

A caseal contruction lab, someplace on the guardians colony...

That's why it would be important to designate the ships at the LAUNCH of the game, as opposed to LATER. :P If the very launch of the game had ship designations, even if it was just something like "primary spoken language" or something, it would still help. Not only that, but if they did something like that right early at launch, it would show the NA audience that they care (presumably), which would be great PR.

Of course, server transfers help, too.

Making a Mega Man clone! Check it out! http://gigaguygame.blogspot.com/

Miyoko, I was thinking the same thing once CBT ended if they did it like that, instead of naming them Ship 1, 2, 3, etc. Have proper names of course in Kata for the japanese to be able to read such as Ship 1 - "Japan" Ship - 2 "NA/SA" Ship - 3 "EU" Ship 4 - "International" etc. Of Course all SoA/E would do is provide an ENG, FRN, SPN, etc. client that still connects to the same servers.
    PSO2 Karai

With sega current record of handling games in the west. The servers MUST be global. I would not even consider English servers an option even if it was the only way to play this game.

My ideal server set up is like how FFXI did it but with language options which the beta client hinted at.
    Last edited by Alex305!; May 18, 2012 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Additional info
    Ship:2
    Lan

SEGA is stupid. Think of the dumbest thing that a game company could do and then realize not only could they do it like that because they're Sega, but that because they Sega they most likely will do something dumber.

i will end up playing in jap servers unless they put on some IP range block...
    May I Help U??