Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    Hey, they already did PC/PS2. Same problem.
    Not quite, on PSU they based all versions of the game on the PS2 version, to make sure all of them ran the same exact game. So, both the 360 and the PC were running a game based on a greatly inferior hardware.

In this case however, the base game is for PC, and the Vita, as beastly as it is for a handheld, is a vastly inferior piece of hardware. So they have to try to fit the PC version into a much less powerful machine while trying to keep as many features as possible.

It's doable to a degree, I guess, but it depends on SEGA's programmers as well as their budget for the project.

Print is so old school.

Yeah... Why use that, if a site does the same, only much much better...
    Now we all wait for the Rappy Deity of Vengeance that granted its followers eternal life to punish all humans...

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Not quite, on PSU they based all versions of the game on the PS2 version, to make sure all of them ran the same exact game. So, both the 360 and the PC were running a game based on a greatly inferior hardware.

In this case however, the base game is for PC, and the Vita, as beastly as it is for a handheld, is a vastly inferior piece of hardware. So they have to try to fit the PC version into a much less powerful machine while trying to keep as many features as possible.

It's doable to a degree, I guess, but it depends on SEGA's programmers as well as their budget for the project.
    It can be done given the fact the PC version allow the customization of setting. PS Vita version is essential a lower end PC.
    Japanese PSO2 Character
    Aliyah Tulumba Hunter

People seem to be oblivious to the reason why PSU was bottlenecked by the PS2. It had nothing to do with how powerful the PS2 was. Rendering being the main issue was handled per machine, not serverside, meaning that the PS2 could use a completely different set of models and textures from the PC version and still work properly as long as it had models and textures that could be matched up to every object ID sent over to the system.

The issue that the PS2 brought up was that it had no reliable way to receive truly new content for there to be any real updates to the game. Later on Sega realized that they could simply reuse models for the PS2 version in place of any new ones from the PC version; however, that was much too late in PSU's life cycle. The Vita does not have this memory restriction; thus, it will not bottleneck the PC version at all.

A glare more piercing than any spear.

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    Overzealous+^_^+ totally overzealous, i remember reading in a top magazine back in the day about PSU, and look at how that turned out, had 2 pages on it too+^_^+
    I think that would be the main PSU coverage on how they said MAGs were gone completely and vehicles were "an integral part of gameplay" on the magazine Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM). In fact, I just finished reading that same article not too long ago. Oh, the broken promises...

Entity of the ORN Empire
    The Sword of Judgement Cora Solais

Cast Enthusiast

This entire topic has reminded me of the time that Nova from Starcraft Ghost was featured on the cover of Xbox Magazine. Twice.
    (For those who do not remember Starcraft Ghost there is a reason for that: It never came out.)

In regards to unreleased or new products, many news sources cobble together information from impromptu interviews, external sources, or exclusive interviews. The latter is the least common.

Currently our most reliable source of information about PSO2 is Sakai's friday blogs. Beyond this we should be skeptical at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostdrea View Post
    This entire topic has reminded me of the time that Nova from Starcraft Ghost was featured on the cover of Xbox Magazine. Twice.
    (For those who do not remember Starcraft Ghost there is a reason for that: It never came out.)

In regards to unreleased or new products, many news sources cobble together information from impromptu interviews, external sources, or exclusive interviews. The latter is the least common.

Currently our most reliable source of information about PSO2 is Sakai's friday blogs. Beyond this we should be skeptical at best.
    lolz, i remember reading about this+^_^+

Quote Originally Posted by Finalzone View Post
    It can be done given the fact the PC version allow the customization of setting. PS Vita version is essential a lower end PC.
    Hold on....right...THAR!

Vita has specs that rival a P3 processor. I would say that's hardly a "lower end PC".
    The Vita has a few shortcomings, but as long as the PSO2 team accounts for graphics buffering on the Vita, all should be OK.
    Triton. At your service.

신뢰할수없다. 생각해봐라 이전에 의료선으로 뻔히 모선뽑은거 봣는데 전투순양함을 산개시키지않고 모아서갓다는 것 자체가 짜고치는거다. 어떤 정신나간자가 결승에서 모선뽑은거 뻔히봣는데 병력한꺼번에 모아가나. 이미3세트에서 결승자는 가린거고 4세트부터는 쇼타임이엇겟지. 걍 둘이짜고친거라보면된다

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."