Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default What control scheme(s) do you use?

I was just wondering, what do/will you all use to play PSO2? Keyboard and mouse? Gamepad/joypad?

Personally, I think I might switch back to using a joypad control scheme when I play. I remembered trying to play with a keyboard and mouse for FFXI, but I felt so much more comfortable controlling my character using a joypad with dual analog sticks.

More or less, I'm just curious about how many people might prefer to use one scheme over another, or vice versa. Hell, maybe someone prefers using a flightstick to play PSO, who knows?

I use a modified Keyboard/Mouse layout. The precision and accuracy of a mouse cannot be equaled using a pad, and certain inputs are easier with four left fingers vs. a thumb and two indexes. Holding a pad every now and then feels great, but there's no sense in using one if it's a downgrade.

As for what I modified: I moved Dash from X to F, and moved one or two other functions closer to WASD (Map, etc.). The default layout isn't terrible and it was only a beta test, so I didn't bother to stress over hotkeys 6-0 being too far, certain palette swap issues, and so on.

I once heard that someone went through the hassle of finding a Dreamcast-to-USB converter just so they could use a DC pad for PSO2. I wish I could say it was unimaginable...

I have come to rely on the 360 controller, due to wrist/arm pain. Its a great fit for it too, especially as a Ranger. Since the speed slows down automatically for Launchers [Preferred weapon] when you use them, precision and accuracy is not an issue [then again.. Explosions.] And with non-shooter mode, It feels like PSU does, and you can Lock on anyways, so Accuracy doesn't really matter then.
    Valon Lv:X Ranger

Keyboard and mouse for sure.

Logitech Dual-Action (PS2/3 clone). Button-wise I'm basically emulating PSP2's control scheme.

Since there is TPS mode I'll be on kb+m. If it was strictly traditional, I wouldn't mind chillin and sitting back with a gamepad, but that isn't the case. I despise aiming with a gamepad and I'm not willing to give up the edge you get with aiming with a mouse.

ステンノ&エウリュアレ ~双子姉妹~

WAY PAST COOL, BRAH! Drifting Fable's Avatar

360 gamepad. Ever since I played devil may cry, I can't fathom the idea of using PC controls for action oriented games. Props to those who do, I'm just wired differently. Then again I'm still a user of the track ball mouse.

I did make some odd modifications like moving the attack buttons to the triggers and dashing the the left thumb stick button so I can be a lot more nimble in a boss fight,....and correcting who ever thought mapping "accepting" to the B button was a good idea.

360 Pad+^_^+ claw style+^_^+
    *index finger for skittle buttons*
    and mapping accept to B feels natural enough as most of my PS2 games used circle+^_^+

I to also use a 360 pad
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

Definitely using a PS2 controller. Could never play a game on a keyboard.