Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Default Would there be any practical point in a Ranewearl...?

Looks and stuff and all that jazz, I know. But since there's no guntecher class or anything...is there any practical reason to have a ranewearl? I made one for the closed beta and she was sick and awesome as heck, and I don't want to go that relatively ugly caseal route T~T. There's no practical way in which the ranewearl has the edge over a racaseal though...right?
    Last edited by MrFortegunner; May 17, 2012 at 04:52 AM.

Well if you like Rangers and Newmans and you don't want to make a cast then yes

The racial stat differences are rather minor. Not something to worry about, I'd say.

Also, sub-classes. If you sub as a FO later on, then it'll probably be a bit of an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFortegunner View Post
    There's no practical way in which the ranewearl has the edge over a racaseal though...right?
    No. You only get one character slot for free so might as well use it to it's fullest though.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

I play Hunewearl even though i couldnt use techs, i just can't think of Ce'Nedra not being one even if she can't use techs (so far)

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

The stat differences seem minor, and I strongly believe subclasses will be released; therefore, you should use the race you feel more compelled to play. It also sounds like a reason you enjoy being a newman/fleshie are the aesthetics, including the access to clothes versus parts, so make sure you factor that in as well, even if others consider that petty. It's your game experience, so you should pursue what makes you happy! Don't forget, maybe there will even be race exclusive FO weapons to newmans? Wouldn't want to miss out on that!

Whiskey/Newearl Addict Lance813's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post
    The racial stat differences are rather minor. Not something to worry about, I'd say.

Also, sub-classes. If you sub as a FO later on, then it'll probably be a bit of an advantage.
    Once subclasses are added in my RAnewearl will be laughing all the way through levels. Launchers and advanced techs will make Newman rangers OP as hell. Its gonna be a tricky class for them to balance but if they get it right it will amazing. I mean, just think about it for a second...

Okay, that's a second. Yeah you give up all of your ATP but you make up for it with the enhanced ATA of a ranger and the MST of a force. Mix that with a character that is good from long distances and you'll have one hell of a support character that can hold mobs, juggle enemies, cast spells (aka save asses), and solo areas like a champ. Down the line, with how they are dealing with weapon stats (ex: phys striking range magic and defensive striking range magic) I would be far from surprised if they release weapons (See Launchers) that draw highly from a Newman ranger's MST stat. I'm not even going to mention race-specific weapons...

Some may be shrugging at the concept now, but I seriously think that the RAnewearl is going to become one beast of a class.

Furou-uen | Rhysa | Aeryssa | Lance

The stats are very minor but I will still be choosing RAcaseal for the higher R-ATK stat and FOnewearl for T-ATK.

In the end, I don't think it matters what class you pick. As long as it makes you happy ;D

Gib.

I woke up and found myself in this place. SERIOUSLY, WHERE THE HELL AM I?!

Quote Originally Posted by MrFortegunner View Post
    and I don't want to go that relatively ugly caseal route T~T.
    Did I just hear this man call caseals ugly? I did, didn't I? >____>

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lance813 View Post
    Once subclasses are added in my RAnewearl will be laughing all the way through levels. Launchers and advanced techs will make Newman rangers OP as hell. Its gonna be a tricky class for them to balance but if they get it right it will amazing. I mean, just think about it for a second...

Okay, that's a second. Yeah you give up all of your ATP but you make up for it with the enhanced ATA of a ranger and the MST of a force. Mix that with a character that is good from long distances and you'll have one hell of a support character that can hold mobs, juggle enemies, cast spells (aka save asses), and solo areas like a champ. Down the line, with how they are dealing with weapon stats (ex: phys striking range magic and defensive striking range magic) I would be far from surprised if they release weapons (See Launchers) that draw highly from a Newman ranger's MST stat. I'm not even going to mention race-specific weapons...

Some may be shrugging at the concept now, but I seriously think that the RAnewearl is going to become one beast of a class.
    I acctually think you are right on this one, it does make sense and it would be nice to acctually have a newman that will be the best char for once instead of always the casts.

I'm acctualy considering to make a RAnewearl as well at some point, specially if they are sonna add something like a Guntecher.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.