Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by soubrette View Post
    Don't forget, maybe there will even be race exclusive FO weapons to newmans? Wouldn't want to miss out on that!
    But by that same token, there'll be Racast exclusive things that may very well just beast over the whole system. I dunno man, I just feel like, in the end, Racasts will be the most powerful, with crazy cast weapons and cast jetpacks or random cool cast quirks.... I really hope for a nice guntecher class though, and some exclusive newman perks too for once.

Have to agree with confusion on the thought of caseals being ugly. Also have to agree that if you plan to play on mutliple classes on your character, then you should consider all combinations before picking a race.

Here you go, a chart of LV40 stats extracted from the Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    Are subclasses even still on the table?

Haven't heard about them in awhile. Just assumed the concept was dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance813 View Post
    Also, at angelo. We haven't heard anything in a while about anything. I don't think they dropped the idea and like Peejay said, Its gonna be a cash cow hopefully. I mean, we haven't heard about the game in a while, they haven't dropped that have they? Let's hope not, haha.
    I have to disagree about not hearing anything in a while:

MAGICAL LINK COME FORTH!

Ctrl+F "new classes" It doesn't specify whether they are still going with a sub class system or a PSU based class system, but it does mean there will be more classes of some sort. So you can expect the equivalent to a Guntecher.

Whiskey/Newearl Addict Lance813's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reia View Post

Here you go, a chart of LV40 stats extracted from the Japanese.
    Yeah, but this is only level 40... MAG optimization for max level is where you get the real numbers from. It is cool to see though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonth View Post
    I have to disagree about not hearing anything in a while:

MAGICAL LINK COME FORTH!

Ctrl+F "new classes" It doesn't specify whether they are still going with a sub class system or a PSU based class system, but it does mean there will be more classes of some sort. So you can expect the equivalent to a Guntecher.
    Either way, I'm stoked.

Furou-uen | Rhysa | Aeryssa | Lance

http://i48.tinypic.com/245gcgj.jpg

Can you see why I wanted my Ranewearl over a Racaseal?

Also, looking at that extremely helpful stats chart, it seems racaseal wont have much of an advantage over ranewearl in ranger things, but ranewearl'll have a relatively drastic advantage in the Mind department, so I think Ranewearl may win out in the end with the inclusion of a guntecher class...

You should be renamed as MrsGuntecher then!

Quote Originally Posted by Reia View Post
    You should be renamed as MrsGuntecher then!
    T~T. I used to be a straight up purist gunner back in the day. Didn't crave at all for anything else, and was happy with my short cast with no parts on who was a gun master. But I think I've degraded since >.<.

I think we're still living with the memories of the terribad balance PSU had. The game got so easy that damage was literally the only stat that mattered regarding anything, and the racial imbalance was extremely bad which only made things worse. PSO2 doesn't have drastic imbalances and you actually need defensive stats, so this problem shouldn't recur. I can't see the differences adding up to anything significant unless you're legit concerned about maybe shaving two seconds off your mission time I guess.

The other good thing about PSO2 is that it's an action-RPG, and many aspects of your character just aren't determined by stats. This isn't a game where you faceroll hotkeys, install mods to play the game for you, and have to rely on a number to tell you if you dodged a dragon's tail swipe or not. You actively have to run in and know when to pull off a decent combo, and when to time your blocks and dodges. It's such an integral part of this game that it definitely trumps minor stat differences and increases the value of being good at the game, which I like.

So okay, assume one player of a given skill level plays a RAcaseal and then a RAnewearl. Even here it's not just a mathematical stat formula like a lot of games--you're doing a little more damage with your guns as a Caseal, but what if you get blindsided by a couple of Foie blasts? The Newearl is more likely to survive than the Caseal, though maybe the Caseal can kill the offender faster to prevent that from ever happening, which is situational at best. Every race combo is going to have its advantages and drawbacks, and the "optimum" character is simply going to offset their weaknesses. It's a balance.

It's like a fighting game tournament. A bad player with a "god-tier" character just isn't going to beat a seasoned pro using a "lower-tier" character because the bad player is predictable. Tier means less and less the more that player skill matters.

Of course, if you're me, aesthetics > all It's a game, if you're not enjoying your character then why bother?
    Last edited by CelestialBlade; May 17, 2012 at 06:08 AM.

I'd say just play what over race you want to.
    Yes there are certain Race/class combination that make them more "Suitable" for the class but all in all PSO wasn't big on being higly gear oriented...

Besides there might be something race/class exclusive which you know they'll do something similiar in the future...

I might actully have Newearl as my main character what made me do Cast was that they can Hoover Not really a big thing just like the new addition.

Seeing that MAGs are like how they was in PSO, there really shouldn't be "Cast Supremacy" after all in PSU MAGs didn't exist which made CAST rather powerful having SUVs compared to other races...

Now it's more of personal preference which is good

Edit: Also another reason I choose Cast in the beta was because Cast could actually change the color/subcolors of their parts opposed to fleshies had general color palettes....hope they change that
    Last edited by Dark Emerald EXE; May 17, 2012 at 06:10 AM.
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89