Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Default What are you watching?

So since I no longer have time any more to watch TV at the leisure of the their schedule I've resorted to Netflix and dvds for my viewing entertainment purposes. Many good shows out there but not enough enough time to watch them all.

I recently got done watching season 1 of Spartacus and what an awesome show. Wish they had the other seasons up.

As of lately I've been watching the classic Twilight Zone and starting with season 1 of Rescue Me. Started watching Dollhouse and was pleasantly surprised how much I liked it. But then I realized Joss Wheadon was the creative force behind it and instantly knew why. Once I finish Dollhouse was gonna start watching Game of Thrones which is what everyone seems to be talking about.

On the anime side haven't been watching much, Re-runs of GiTS: Stand Alone Complex, Trigun, Gurren Lagan. Started watching a show which netflix recommended called Monster, but haven't really been compelled to keep on watching. Still waiting for it to pick up, moving pretty slow for my tastes, and Im like 10 episodes into it.

but yeah, lets hear what you guys are watching and what your thoughts on those shows are!

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

Well, the most recent shows I've watched (that I'd recommend) after tearing through what Netflix has for Breaking Bad are The Walking Dead and Borgia: Faith and Fear. The Walking Dead has been top notch so far, but with only one season (like six episodes) so far - I've turned to the comics to see what comes next. So now I'm in the position I was with Hellsing... finding out the comic differs substantially from the show and is much better. It may have ruined later episodes for me.

Borgia: Faith and Fear has been much more satisfying, as it actually hews pretty close to historical events... for a TV show at least. Much more than the Showtime version at any rate, but there a few issues with casting. John Doman is a compelling actor, and fun to watch, but I don't really buy him as Pope Alexander VI... and I can see how his American accent would throw off European critics. There's only one season up for now, covering the first four years or so of Rodrigo de Borjas rise to the papacy, so it's easy to catch up on... however being a European show with no US distributor, the wait for the next season DVD will be a long one.

As for anime/cartoons... well, mostly reruns of GitS, Highschool of the Dead, Birdy, Spice & Wolf, and Moribito... with liberal sprinklings of South Park, Futurama, American Dad mixed in. Watched Fate/Zero on Crackle and wasn't really enthralled... (though I did like Alexander the Great's "What makes a great king speech" where he berated lady Arthur.), as well as picking and piecing episodes from Galaxy Express 999. Been re-watching Angel Beats a bit too.

I have been watching a few subtitled foreign movies too. One I'd highly recommend is Silmido, the story of a South Korean black ops team made up of death-row inmates and trained to assassinate North Korean president Kim Il-sung. However, during the time of their training, relations with the north cooled and a push towards reunification gained popularity in government. As a result, the unit became a potential threat to the peace process and a national embarrassment. To cover it up, they were ordered to be liquidated by their handlers. How much is based on history, and how much is just a nationalistic pride fueled myth, I don't know. It makes for a good flick though.

Last edited by Sinue_v2; May 16, 2012 at 07:22 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Always wanted to make a thread like this, but more like.. a thread where you suggest each other movies that don't suck. Anyway I'm watching...

Breaking bad

Regular Show

TRYing not to miss adventure time

Heard toonami was coming back

Loiter squad because I don't really like OFWG's music that much but at least they're hilarious

Movies you should be watching:
    Drive (Finally on Netflix)
    Wristcutters (Indie movie with a really interesting concept that has NOTHING to do with losers being emo, I promise you.)
    Can't remember anything else

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Only thing I watch with any kind of regularity anymore is Breaking Bad (already caught up on that, so FEED ME MORE) and Parks & Recreation.

I have a bunch of Japanese Cartoon DVD/Blu-Ray sets to dig through, but I'm kinda tireed of them at the moment. Lots of shows including Squid Girl Season 1, Spice & Wolf Season 2, Gungrave, Simoun, and will likely forever be waiting on any kind of posthumous release for Yume Miru Kikai. I meant to watch the new Last Exile as it was airing, but again, tired of Japanese Cartoons. I also want to watch the new season of Moyashimon due this summer.
    Last edited by Polly; May 16, 2012 at 07:34 PM. Reason: adding shit, and you can't stop me.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Oh oh and

Being Human.

The only SYFY channel show I can stomach.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Mostly nothing because TV is horrible. I may watch the news for the weather.

From time to time I watch Tosh.0, Futurama, or South Park on Comedy if I'm in the mood. Also Mythbusters on Discovery.
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)

The entire 'Jackie Chan Adventures' series on Hulu. Loved that show so much as a kid...still do.

Stuff I watch these days:

- Adult Swim, except for most of the new crappy shows they've added...

- History Channel, usually Pawn Stars and Swamp People

- Mythbusters

- Family Guy, American Dad, and other animated shows

- news and weather

A while back, a friend of mine also showed me a few episodes from a zombie series he was watching called Walking Dead, it was pretty good.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Just watched Taxi Driver again.

Watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo again. I just finished the audiobook for the next one in the series(The Girl Who Played with Fire). Started the third audiobook (Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest) the other day. An amazing series, definitely worth looking into.

I read the book American Hardcore about a year ago. A week ago I stumbled across the movie. I'm a sucker for old punk/hardcore.

Anime!

Gravitated towards Cowboy Bebop again. I can't count how many times i've seen the series/movie. It seems like I love it more and more as time goes by.

Rounding out the end of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I'm on like ep 58 or something and its getting pretty extreme.

Pulled Trigun out, i've had an itch for it lately.

To top it all off I throw in random episodes of Baccano. That show is amazing, I cant get enough.

Been wanting to watch The Fifth Element; The whole concept of the future in that movie sparks my interest.

just finished ALL the stargate sg-1 series and the ark of truth movie, started after CBT ended and just finished yesterday+^_^+ moving on to farscape and fullmetal alchemist; brotherhood now+^_^+ oh and new Borgias+^_^+