Thread: Resident Evil

Question Resident Evil

I've always want to get into the series, but I've been side tracked from it. Now since I have a 3DS I've been thinking about picking one of the Resident Evil's on the system. In conclusion can someone give me a summary of the series and tell me if the 3DS versions are worth it?

Resident Evil: Revelations is great. The Mercenaries 3D, not so much. It's cheap now but I still wouldn't get it.

Revelations is great and has a demo up on the eshop.

resident evil revelation is good cause i got and beat it twice and working on the third time
    Zain Skyhawk
    3DS F/C: 0302-0570-3795
    I am a

I love Revelations, but I also love playing the other Resident Evil games, including not so good spin-offs. they have a great storyline and with the anticipated Resident Evil 6 and how well it plays (I got to play the demo) I'm excited to see the story and what goes on in the series

I plan on picking up Revelaitons eventually. However, it'll have to come after Resident Evil 6...

Which I won't be getting at launch, because I own three copies of Resident Evil 4 (GameCube, Wii and Xbox 360) and have yet to beat a single one of them. That has to happen first, and it's definitely one of the next things to do in my backlog.

By the way, the Resident Evil 6 demo is actually pretty good.

Contrary to the objectively-wrong opinions of people who have no taste, Resident Evil 5 is actually a really good game - but don't go in thinking it's a survival/horror game, because it's really a co-op survival-action game. Go in with a friend and both of you start fresh (or with someone who has experience, and have them not use any of their maxed-out equipment while letting you lead). It is a fantastic experience and it's one of the best co-op gaming experiences of this generation, outside of Borderlands and Lost Planet 2.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Basically, I'd recommend starting with any of the following games:

Resident Evil 2
    Resident Evil (GCN remake)
    Resident Evil 4

The rest of the games mostly range from good to great, but I think those three probably represent all the relative highs of the series, whether it's the original 32-bit series (RE2), the short-lived but astoundingly well-made rebirth period (GCN remake), or the recent shift to action games (RE4.) I just think that some of the other titles are either a little outdated or too "inside baseball" for a new player to just jump into.

I haven't played Revelations yet (though it's on my queue), but I've heard good things. The demo seemed pretty good, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    Basically, I'd recommend starting with any of the following games:

Resident Evil 2
    Resident Evil (GCN remake)
    Resident Evil 4

The rest of the games mostly range from good to great, but I think those three probably represent all the relative highs of the series, whether it's the original 32-bit series (RE2), the short-lived but astoundingly well-made rebirth period (GCN remake), or the recent shift to action games (RE4.) I just think that some of the other titles are either a little outdated or too "inside baseball" for a new player to just jump into.

I haven't played Revelations yet (though it's on my queue), but I've heard good things. The demo seemed pretty good, at least.
    I pretty much agree with Outriders opinion. Your definitly better off getting the GCN remake of the original. Unlike the ps1 version it will legitimately get you scared at times. That and the originals script/voice acting.. *shivers*
    Thats not to say the remake isnt either but its a lot less.

Jill sandwich.. *facepalm*
    Last edited by DayDreamer; Aug 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM.