Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The Obssessed Force User ArrayD06's Avatar

I have a quick question in trying to clear SH Eternal Tower.

Is it better to use magic spells (focusing with Foie, Barta, Zonde, etc.) against the enemies? Or is it better using a wand with good %'s with Magical Sign and just melee'ing the enemies?

I find it less stressful to just melee with the wand to save fluids because spells use up PP much more quickly, but I could be wrong, so I just would like some input please.

Oh, and I'm using a Lv. 90 FOnewmn. So, I don't know if that would change things.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrayD06 View Post

Is it better to use magic spells (focusing with Foie, Barta, Zonde, etc.) against the enemies? Or is it better using a wand with good %'s with Magical Sign and just melee'ing the enemies?

I find it less stressful to just melee with the wand to save fluids because spells use up PP much more quickly, but I could be wrong, so I just would like some input please.
    Not sure how much advice I can give as a Ranger myself, but I usually went at it with "melee" for the small things, then used Foie on the "large" enemies to burn them, the damage they take is pretty substantial, and they'll continue to take that damage (with occasional refreshes) until they have just 1 HP left, then you can finish them off. I guess that'd also work with Megid poisons (it poisons, right? Sorry, stupid Ranger question) if that does more damage initially.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrayD06 View Post

When I played with my Force (FOmarl), I slapped Grants and Megid on my Palette and threw techniques at everything which worked. I DID use a Wand with Magical Sign at one point, but personally I found that things were dying a lot slower, so I went back to throwing techs with a Rod. The main difference between the two is the fluid usage; I ended up having to use Trifluids when I got to the x7+ floors most of the time when I was tech spamming.

If you've got the fluids, go with tech spam. If not, and you've got an all powerful wand, then use Magical Sign (Gimegid would REALLY help here since there are no obstacles in the Eternal Tower besides the occasional Burn Traps).

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

Were alot of the enemies weak to Grants/Megid?

I have the fluids, but being accurate hitting the enemies with my spells is difficult at the moment lol.

The enemies take considerable damage from either one or the other. Only having to run two techs on your palette leaves room for Shifta, Jellen, Resta, and Dodge/Anti. A FOnewm should have no trouble with this tactic.

~Art by Daggart~

That's good. I'm going to try that next time because I have weapons that increase the damage of both my Grants and Megid (I also have both armors that increase my MST even further when equipped with certain weapons).

The Starlight and the Star Cloak will bring your Grants damage up even higher than the White Disaster/Spirit Garb (when tested, I saw that the maximum damage fell slightly, and the minimum damage skyrocketed). I think the Al Azif would do something similar, but I would personally recommend the former combo since changing weapons in the Tower feels like it's more trouble than it's worth.

In the case you run across that Diamond Shovel that looks like the one that my FOmarl is holding in my signature, use it instead since that completely outdoes the Starlight and the Al Azif.

~Art by Daggart~

I'm doing another tower run, this time bringing Sarisa and Reve with me. I have to say - they make excellent punching bags for Blade Mother. Set them to "Safety First" during the rooms, then "Attack All Out" for the Mothers, and the Mother will most likely focus your teammates while you take her out from a decent range. Sarisa definitely has the smartest AI of all of them, and she can stay alive for a surprisingly long time.

Just don't bring that dirtbag-combo-breaking-damage-cancelling Ogi.

Sooo...I am just curious if anyone knows (even a little bit) just exactly how rare the Psycho Wand is...? I've been trying to get it for awhile now, like 2 weeks, and still no luck with one. All I've been getting is Emperor Axeon's and Garland Drei's. Is it THAT rare, or is my luck just that bad? Thanks in advance(?).