6 31.58%
  • Cool Style

0 0%
  • Magical Sign

0 0%
  • Bright Sign

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The BEST Photon Art in the Game?

Well since you asked for it, I compiled a list of what would be unarguably the greatest Photon Arts in Phantasy Star Zero. All that's left to do it pick your favorite from the list I suppose.

I love Cross Rave. Sure all the Saber Photon Arts are good, but such amazing modifiers and quick spammability with or without Compress PA (effectively leaving another Unit slot available) gives it my vote. That's the reason it made the list; Zeta Cutlass is too mobile, and Force ride leaves you vulnerable from behind for too long in my opinion.

EDIT: If a mod has the power to do this, can Bull Smash and Air Ride be added to the poll?

Kick Rush: Because I'm required to explain the awesomeness of a PA that isn't physically possible to pull off in Real Life. umad?
    Cross Rave: Amazing Modifiers. The range is something to get used to, but it's much stronger and faster tha 3 Heavy Attacks, and it doesn't take long to use.
    Over End: DESTROY EVERYTHING!
    Bite Stamp: Once the accuracy problem is solved, this PA inflicts some serious hurt even to enemies that resist Melee attacks.
    Flame Hit: A simple PA that pretty much every Hunter and Ranger needs on their Rouge Pulse. Passive Burn effect is awesome, but acuracy might be an issue.
    Mine Sneak: Hard to pull off, but the modifiers make sure this PA never misses and the natural attack on the Rifle makes this PA hit incredibly hard. Some might argue that it's better or worse than Flame Hit.
    Earth Bullet: An amazing range with powerful and accurate 170/150 modifiers. This is very spam-worthy. Impact Zero just doesn't match up.
    Cool Style: The modifiers may only be 80/80, but a quick 30 hits come out of the Mech Guns in this PA. Aim it right and it's totally worth it. This is an amazing PA to use at Octo Diablo.
    Magical Sign: This is without a doubt the greatest PA available to a Force. You stomp on things twice with your 140/160 modifiers and you Slow them in the process to size them up for the next Magical Sign. It's easily spammable in this way. Also partners up well with Gimegid in some cases.
    Bright Sign: Slicers are cool, and Bright Sign is the only practical Slicer PA. You strike things three times and have a chance to Stun them in the process. It's a tad weak though . . .
    Last edited by DoctorShanks; May 19, 2012 at 01:07 PM.

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

Why are there so many PAs? o.o

Well, I was given 12 poll options. Be thankful I only had to use 10 hehe. I guess it goes to show you how unbalanced this game is with the crappy PA to good PA ratio.

~Art by Daggart~

Pretty sure Spinning Death is number 1 and TOTALLY not on the list.

...So I chose Over End.

I guess there's a good reason that PA is called Over End. Just having the word Over isn't enough to describe its raw power, so they added a synonym to the name so that you can kill things twice as hard

~Art by Daggart~

Considering I've never really liked Over End or Bite Stamp and Million Rave isn't on the list, Earth Bullet for me.

I thought about putting Million Rave on the list, but many people agree that Double Sabers are more known for their overpowered regular attacks. Don't get me wrong though, I love Million Rave, it's just not "great" enough. Same goes for the Dagger PAs.

. . . Then again, now that I think about it, Cross Rave might not count as "great" either, but three quick 160% hits is no joke.
    Last edited by DoctorShanks; May 19, 2012 at 12:44 PM.

~Art by Daggart~

I picked Over End due to it's destructive force. The damage is amazing as is the accuracy. I do hate it's charge time though, even with a Compress PA.
    HUcast Omega - Lv. 100

~Picture by Daggart~
    *Proud member of the Phantasy Star Zero Revival 2 Group!*

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

With how versatile Gunblades already are on their own with moderate physical hits at a quick speed and the potential for the highest ranged DPS at close range, giving them a PA with such devastating capabilities that also doesn't have too much of a downside either just make for gunblades' potenial to be the single greatest weapon type in the game. VIVA LA NEIDARYL, NEWMANS! VIVA LA FRIGIAND, CASTS! VIVA LA EMPEROR AXEON, HUMANS!

In case it wasn't obvious, Earth Bullet got my vote. Fast charge, wide range, powerful, accurate hits, and decent PP cost make for one hell of a Photon Art.

EDIT: Maybe next, we should have a "best weapon type" poll. At least I know what I'd be voting for, haha!
    Last edited by Chaos Rappy; May 19, 2012 at 03:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

Cross Rave: fast, short, and easy to use. Keep your damage simple, not complicated. Too bad Sabers have bad WATP. Would be nice to have something to offset the crappiness, like an off-hand gun, dagger, or shield.
    Last edited by leviayurashyguy; May 20, 2012 at 03:42 AM.
    Your signature image is over the file size limit. Please reduce to 35,000 bytes or less. Refer to the forum rules for further sig limit details.
    my to do list:
    1. find a job
    2. take over the world
    3. buy groceries