Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Random Questions!

1) Does Celeb count twords the damage of your techs also?

2) Whats the reccomended tech to use at the shrine if you cant acess grants/megid (Hunter tech)

3)Has anyone ever completed a SH run using fisticuffs? xD

Edit: 4) My cousin bought the game used and his internet profile on PSZ ign (not character ign) is in japanese how did the person before him do that? o-o (Not that the game items npc etc remain in english).
    Last edited by Daixsue; Aug 20, 2012 at 11:01 PM.
    Interested in finding some fellow PSZ friends? Then try out:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197069

Give me a shout out! (Daixsue Co-Leader of the acclaimed Chato Guild!)

FC-2194-3652-5867 Nickname

Thank you for all the insite. If you don't mind my asking, you mentioned a photon art called mine sneak for rifles. What is it and how does it work?

I fear my HUcast has only ever tried handguns and gunblades, and only in limited times during points where I NEEDED range.

I will say I loved my rifles as a RAcaseal, but PSO didn't have photon arts (at least as far as I know...)

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceRodan View Post
    Thank you for all the insite. If you don't mind my asking, you mentioned a photon art called mine sneak for rifles. What is it and how does it work?

I fear my HUcast has only ever tried handguns and gunblades, and only in limited times during points where I NEEDED range.

I will say I loved my rifles as a RAcaseal, but PSO didn't have photon arts (at least as far as I know...)
    When you use Mine Sneak, you crawl in the direction you're facing and you blast everything behind you. The best way to use Mine Sneak is to run up to a mob, then turn around, and use it. That's how I was taught to use it and it works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Daixsue View Post
    Random Questions!

1) Does Celeb count twords the damage of your techs also?

2) Whats the reccomended tech to use at the shrine if you cant acess grants/megid (Hunter tech)

3)Has anyone ever completed a SH run using fisticuffs? xD

Edit: 4) My cousin bought the game used and his internet profile on PSZ ign (not character ign) is in japanese how did the person before him do that? o-o (Not that the game items npc etc remain in english).
    1 - Nope

2 - I'm tempted to say you're better off whacking things, seeing as Dark Shrine enemies are pretty resistant to the base element trio. Judging from the statistics you use whatever on Derreo/Zerreo, Barta on Eulid/Eulada, and Zonde on Phobos/Zaphobos, but you're probably still better off whacking things. If you REALLY want to use your mind stat with a hunter, grab a wand or slicer or something.

3 - I don't feel like using a hit mag (and possibly materials!) to be able to kill stuff unequiped. And I'm saying this as someone who checked with a RAmarl. It's really stupid just getting past the first room.

4 - Maybe the one who originally played it imported a Japanese DS or something. DS games are region free, after all.

^You're not alone with #2, Daggart. It seems you have the potential to do the most damage with a high level Celeb Force Weapon (perhaps with some % in dark as well) with a good AoE PA (such as Magical Sign with the wand) in the Shrine with a pretend force hunter. Alice Olivia with Magical Sign is a popular (and effective) melee'ing option with a Force weapon and those drop in the Snowfields.
    Last edited by Atbar; Aug 21, 2012 at 10:22 AM.

Thanks for the answers, i really appreciate it!
    Interested in finding some fellow PSZ friends? Then try out:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197069

Give me a shout out! (Daixsue Co-Leader of the acclaimed Chato Guild!)

FC-2194-3652-5867 Nickname

If I want to fight Humilas a bunch of times for a drop of some sort (Milas Frame and Breaker), am I better off doing one of the missions to fight him or just running through the field?

Well, on one hand you get a 1.25x multiplier for drops in field (1.5x online). But the half-quest gets you there faster.

It's up to you, really. Especially considering full runs could possibly be twice as long.

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Half-maps won't always get you to the boss faster; some of the half-maps are actually twice as long as regular single-half stages in field mode, you just gotta be lucky sometimes, though without the worries associated with getting to a midpoint, fighting midpoint, and starting second map, you will likely have it better doing a quest, rare droprate increase or not, as you'll just be blazing through the stage using quests. Only reason I can see using the Field Mode is if you're online in a party of 3-4, since the rare droprate increase coupled with extra people who may or may not cooperate with you to help you find what you want means an exponential increase in your chances of finding what you want. And hey, even if they won't give any up they find, you can at least still use them in the process to help bumrush the stage quickly until you get yours. Humilias is a fairly no-joke boss if you have to take him on solo, so the extra assistance can be comforting at times.
    Last edited by Chaos Rappy; Sep 14, 2012 at 09:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

Quote Originally Posted by Daggart View Post
    Well, on one hand you get a 1.25x multiplier for drops in field (1.5x online). But the half-quest gets you there faster.

It's up to you, really. Especially considering full runs could possibly be twice as long.
    I'd recommend missions. Look at it this way:

Say it takes 10 minutes to do each half, and 15 minutes for Humilias. These are very rough estimates, of course.
    So, to do 10 missions, it will take approximately 250 minutes (4hrs 10 min) and give you a 10x chance for item drop.
    In 250 minutes, you will have only accomplished 7 Field Modes, which gives 8.75x chance for item drop. Also, don't forget to take into account needing to pipe back to town, which will double in Field Mode over Missions (and will be crazy often in the Plant as opposed to other levels).

Obviously, the times are very subjective. If I get a bunch of surfers, it takes a lot longer for me. Sometimes Humilias takes me a half hour+.

Just putting it into perspective.
    Last edited by FOODFOOD; Sep 14, 2012 at 11:19 AM.