Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    scary place on earth called gamefaqs.com,name is CieraBakufu there.

what is the maximum amount of times you can upgrade a weapon with a grinder?

Quote Originally Posted by Ame View Post
    what is the maximum amount of times you can upgrade a weapon with a grinder?
    I believe the max amount is 20 but I'm not 100% sure. One of the veterans can help you out more than I can.
    Newbie at PSZ for now
    FC: 3783-5872-3360

It depends on what the wepon is. some my stop at 10 when others stop at a higher number

my d-fangs are upgraded +28 times...so far they are my strongest weapons for my HUnarl.
    my MAG is a Peoth level 32.
    Last edited by Ame; Aug 11, 2012 at 05:20 PM.

D-Fangs in specific can be grinded to +45.

Also there's some weapons that can't be grinded at all. But they're mostly super-rares that largely don't need it.

By the way, this very site has a lot of info on stuff in this game. Just go to the main page and look to the left for the PSZ item database.

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Most weapons have a general range of grind limits that can be assumed for the most part, however, rares are the big ones when it comes to grinders, as their limits are more sporadic and random, no matter what rank or rarity they are. For example, the "ally" weapons (Axeon-series gunblades) do not share the same grind-max matrix the other two (Ogi's Garland-series rifdles or Reve's Romulus-series double-sabers), in which it goes 10-20-30 for the Axeons (in order: 3*->5*->7* weapons), however, it's 50-40-30 for the other two. Armors are a great one too, in which due to grind maxes, the Pizza Box (4* Lv14 armor with meager ungrinded stats) is the second-best all-class armor n the game defensively due to its NINETY-NINE (99) grind limit. At level 14, that's some pretty friggin' sweet armor, I tell you.

Anyways, for the most part, you'll generally see the grind limits being around this much, for most of the weapons in this rank:

1* - 60-40 (rares, no matter what level, can be upwards of 90, such as Grow Shower (1* handgun)
    2* - 55-35 (and Valiant (5* JP-passcode claw) and as high as 50 or so for 7*'s, even, however, they vary
    3* - 50-30 (exceedingly, AND can also be as low as ZERO (0), however the only ones that are in the game
    4* - 45-25 (that cannot be grinded are all 7* rares, and are all conspicuously named as the
    5* - 40-20 ("Zero" weapons in game to tip you off, though the Fuma Shuriken, a rare 7*
    6* - 35-15 (slicer weapon is another no-grind, though it's just an odd-man-out; the only armor in the game
    7* - 30-10 (that cannot be grinded is the 6* Spirit Garb, just as a tip...)

Just giving my little answer for this question, though as Daggart said, all the exact weapon/armor grinding limits can be found in the Weapons and Armor databases on this website. Simply click on the above highlighted texts to search through the specific grindables you like. ;P
    Last edited by Chaos Rappy; Aug 12, 2012 at 09:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

I've been playing psz lately and I read that weapons can flinch enemies. Any information on this. I'm on vacation visiting family and brought psz with me so I'm going to level grind abit.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Er, that just means they recoil in pain. I'm sure you've seen it by now. It usually doesn't happen when they attack, though. Some miniboss enemies are different and have a special flinch when they hit certain fractions of their health. It kinda varies a bit from enemy to enemy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    Most weapons have a general range of grind limits that can be assumed for the most part, however, rares are the big ones when it comes to grinders, as their limits are more sporadic and random, no matter what rank or rarity they are. For example, the "ally" weapons (Axeon-series gunblades) do not share the same grind-max matrix the other two (Ogi's Garland-series rifdles or Reve's Romulus-series double-sabers), in which it goes 10-20-30 for the Axeons (in order: 3*->5*->7* weapons), however, it's 50-40-30 for the other two. Armors are a great one too, in which due to grind maxes, the Pizza Box (4* Lv14 armor with meager ungrinded stats) is the second-best all-class armor n the game defensively due to its NINETY-NINE (99) grind limit. At level 14, that's some pretty friggin' sweet armor, I tell you.

Anyways, for the most part, you'll generally see the grind limits being around this much, for most of the weapons in this rank:

1* - 60-40 (rares, no matter what level, can be upwards of 90, such as Grow Shower (1* handgun)
    2* - 55-35 (and Valiant (5* JP-passcode claw) and as high as 50 or so for 7*'s, even, however, they vary
    3* - 50-30 (exceedingly, AND can also be as low as ZERO (0), however the only ones that are in the game
    4* - 45-25 (that cannot be grinded are all 7* rares, and are all conspicuously named as the
    5* - 40-20 ("Zero" weapons in game to tip you off, though the Fuma Shuriken, a rare 7*
    6* - 35-15 (slicer weapon is another no-grind, though it's just an odd-man-out; the only armor in the game
    7* - 30-10 (that cannot be grinded is the 6* Spirit Garb, just as a tip...)

Just giving my little answer for this question, though as Daggart said, all the exact weapon/armor grinding limits can be found in the Weapons and Armor databases on this website. Simply click on the above highlighted texts to search through the specific grindables you like. ;P
    kk thank you chaos rappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daggart View Post
    Er, that just means they recoil in pain. I'm sure you've seen it by now. It usually doesn't happen when they attack, though. Some miniboss enemies are different and have a special flinch when they hit certain fractions of their health. It kinda varies a bit from enemy to enemy as well.
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Are slicers powerful in psz? I've used them a few times on my HUcast and it doesn't seem to cut through hordes as well as it did in psu. =/
    Last edited by Noblewine; Aug 13, 2012 at 11:00 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.