Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Hello, I wanted to know if the Hostile damage multipliers (2nd page of weapons where it shows accuracy adjustment along with different races of hostiles) affect the power of techs as well? Wanted to see if I could boost the power of my Fomar this way or stuck with it only affecting my weapons.

I assume you're referring to the combo multiplier that affects the damage of Photon Attacks. And the answer is, yes, it can affect the damage of your techs. It affects the damage of charged techs, in addition it will not cancel the current combo, you or your teammates can continue building the combo until a PA is used or the time counter between hits runs out. So feel free to take advantage of doing some extra damage from your techs without worrying about eating up the combo multiplier from the HUcast with Over-end.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruesen View Post
    Hello, I wanted to know if the Hostile damage multipliers (2nd page of weapons where it shows accuracy adjustment along with different races of hostiles) affect the power of techs as well? Wanted to see if I could boost the power of my Fomar this way or stuck with it only affecting my weapons.
    The parameters on a weapon does not affect technique damage. So that's one less optimization issue for Forces, as they're pretty strong by themselves. Those numbers that you're talking about only take effect when you use your attacks or photon arts.

I would provide a more detailed answer, but I'm on an iPhone at the moment.

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

The only known case in which I know tech damage CAN BE actually somewhat effected by enemy parameter %'s is probably Act Trick, the 2PP Photon Art that wands have that casts a random-leveled random basic attack tech (Foie, Barta, or Zonde; by random level, I mean as in the tech Lv, which if you use it often enough, you'll notice the difference in the techs' sizes and even damage sometimes). But, I'll have to do some testing personally to verify the legitimacy of that assumption, and boy is Act Trick spastic to test... :|

Otherwise, there is no physical or mechanical proof that a weapons' enemy parameters affect your attack techniques' damages. Just your MST, weapon minimum/maximum MST, tech damage modifiers, and the enemies' MST/resistances to tech damage. Sorry, but you're just as good teching with a blank Psycho Wand as you are one with over 200 total percentiles. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

Thank you for the answers. I suppose I will only worry about the percentiles if I use a slicer on my FOmar or when using photon arts with a Rod/Wand.

Is there a recommended element type for Forces to use on slicers, wands and rods? I imagine Celeb for rods and wands, life or celeb for slicers, but wanted to know what tends to work well considering the differing proc rates and effects. I used to use stun, but found it not that useful on Super Hard mode, so was exploring different options. I was thinking going with the burning element on slicer since it does rather decent damage, and celeb on my rod.

I tend to use Slicers for monster mobs (and a mag for hit/mst) and rod (or wand, but I haven't found any good ones for me yet) for boss battles for the better MST bonus (and a MST Mag).

scary place on earth called gamefaqs.com,name is CieraBakufu there.

is the online play stable in other words very less disconnects?

Quote Originally Posted by Ame View Post
    is the online play stable in other words very less disconnects?
    Online is stable. In fact, I found (past tense since I'm retired from the game) the online in PSZ to be a lot more stable than I encountered playing the English version of PSP2. It feels the same offline as it does online. I do notice some lag with a full group, especially with forces spamming techs. And I have noticed the most lag and disconnect problems playing with those over in Asia and Australia versus playing with those in the Americas and Europe.
    Last edited by Atbar; Aug 6, 2012 at 11:41 AM.

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ruesen View Post
    Thank you for the answers. I suppose I will only worry about the percentiles if I use a slicer on my FOmar or when using photon arts with a Rod/Wand.

Is there a recommended element type for Forces to use on slicers, wands and rods? I imagine Celeb for rods and wands, life or celeb for slicers, but wanted to know what tends to work well considering the differing proc rates and effects. I used to use stun, but found it not that useful on Super Hard mode, so was exploring different options. I was thinking going with the burning element on slicer since it does rather decent damage, and celeb on my rod.

I tend to use Slicers for monster mobs (and a mag for hit/mst) and rod (or wand, but I haven't found any good ones for me yet) for boss battles for the better MST bonus (and a MST Mag).
    If you ask me, I found that things tended to work better for my FO (in the sense of self-reliance) to have a high-level Heart on my Wands (for the higer-proccing of large amounts of PP-healing, damage-based of course, so Magical Sign usually ended up healing much more than I used if spammed on mobs, and Celeb for my Rods and Slicers, for massive damage from high-ATP/Hitrate PA mods, assuming they hit enough, of course). Though, a lot of people opt for Celeb on Wands too because of the whole "Gimegid->MS mobspam lolz" set-up, however, I tend to stick to teching and only PA-spamming when I don't exactly have any optimal techs for the current battle situation.

If you want my insight on other elements, however, I can also vouch for the utility of the following elements as well:

---Heat: Deals a decent amount of damage to foes, and causes them to flinch as well when the damage comes around from them; only particularly reliable to use with higher levels of it, like 3+, as otherwise, the effect will run off the enemies too quickly to be effective
    ---Stun: the temporary freezing-in-place effect is pretty nice; I particularly recommend this element not just as the element on the weapon, but as the element that procs in the use of certain PA's as well, such as Thriller Combo (Handgun PA) and Bright Sign (Slicer PA), as their Stun side-effect lasts an INSANELY long time, which combo'd with effects on the weapons like Zalure, Draw, Heart, Celeb/Life, or even Slow [but not any other physical effects, like Heat, Ice, or Stun], make killing enemies that much easier for you and your party)
    ---Zalure: using on a Wand or Rod of Lv4 or above (with or without Element Boost), gives a decent decrease to resistances, and the procrate isn't too bad usually; the tech is usually better used and the element opted for something else
    ---Jellen: can't say I don't like not being hit as a Force, haha; also generally over-opted for techs and used for other elements
    ---Life: for when you have a REALLY AWESOME CUSTOMIZABLE weapon that just isn't its weapon type's max element but you want those bad-ass damage numbers and are assured that you can play safe enough to live to use it
    ---Risk: for an inveritably less-useful "Life" effect, whose cost is also less harmful to you in its use, assuming it procs often enough, since its self-damage is reliant on the damage you deal with it rather than a certain % of your current HP
    ---Chaos: for that sense of sheer insanity that you'll probably end up wasting and only end up proccing Shiftas and Debands of high levels on the foes; I do it for the sheer lulz factor sometimes, especially with the Miku's Leek Wand (a JP-only password machine weapon I got from a friend) and its natural Lv4 Chaos effect, haha ;P

But, that's just my two cents. As a character in a PSP2 said, the best way to figure things out is to try them out for yourself. Find whatever works best for you and your playstyle, and you'll do better than just heeding my advice word for word. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

a bit of a noobie question, but what are the various shortcuts for opening certain parts of the menu? (ex. R+start opens equipment)

I'm just aware of R+Start (as you said) and L+Start (Usable item shortcut)