Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Servers will likely be split...

That's right. PSO2 servers will likely be split. How can I say this? What is my proof?

In an interview with Famitsu Connect!on, Sakai talks about yet another form of currency known as Net Cafe points. When you collect Net Cafe points you can use them to trade for exclusive items. (Net Cafe’s are a shortened term for Internet Cafes, which means you’ll have to be physically present at one to get the points.)
    Considering these are not popular, if they even exist, in the west this means that the servers are likely going to be split because they likely wouldn't do something that couldn't be used by all users of a given server.

Of course, they could do it still, and in typical SEGA fashion continue to screw over its western fans, but I have to think that is highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by RocSage View Post
    That's right. PSO2 servers will likely be split. How can I say this? What is my proof?

Considering these are not popular, if they even exist, in the west this means that the servers are likely going to be split because they likely wouldn't do something that couldn't be used by all users of a given server.

Of course, they could do it still, and in typical SEGA fashion continue to screw over its western fans, but I have to think that is highly unlikely.
    "Yet another form"

This implies there will be more than one form to pay with. I don't think this is actually a big deal and that we have to wait and see, not just consider it a done dead deal.

Sounds like an addendum to FUN points. Indeed, certainly Japan-centric, but hardly anything to draw that much conjecture from in my opinion. All we can do is wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Peejay View Post
    "Yet another form"

This implies there will be more than one form to pay with. I don't think this is actually a big deal and that we have to wait and see, not just consider it a done dead deal.
    That doesn't imply this at all (which is not to say that it isn't possible).

But yeah, doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Or it could just be another way to play. The online game market is focused towards kids who don't have credits cards. In Japan you can generally buy online game currency at convenience stores. Net cash could just be PSO2's credit card alternate payment method.

The servers are probably going to be split, but that's more because Sega is a company that makes great games but sucks at supplying customer service.

Wouldn't it be more likely that you get Net Cafe points by playing... at net cafes? Wouldn't be the first MMORPG that rewards players by playing there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    Wouldn't it be more likely that you get Net Cafe points by playing... at net cafes?
    That's the way it'll work. I'd guess that the items you could get with those points would be normally available items will a special suffix, like the promo items.

Anyways, shared servers doesn't mean shared content.

i live in a hick 50k pop town and we have two (2) net cafes+^_^+ so I'm good+^_^+

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    i live in a hick 50k pop town and we have two (2) net cafes+^_^+ so I'm good+^_^+
    Are they Net Cafes OR are they places where they just happen to have internet access, but primarily sell coffee or something else. We have tons of the latter (McDonalds and Starbucks for example), but, the former, I don't know of any that exists around where i live.

Didn't stop Maplestory from having net cafe-exclusive stuff on the Global servers.