Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    i live in a hick 50k pop town and we have two (2) net cafes+^_^+ so I'm good+^_^+
    Doesn't mean anything unless those net cafes are actually working together with SEGA.

Quote Originally Posted by RocSage View Post
    Are they Net Cafes OR are they places where they just happen to have internet access, but primarily sell coffee or something else. We have tons of the latter (McDonalds and Starbucks for example), but, the former, I don't know of any that exists around where i live.
    the larger one has rows of computers as well as some gaming consoles set up for rent on an hourly basis, the other joint just had coffee and a lot of large TVs unless they had a back room with computers+^_^+ both are privately owned local businesses+^_^+ it's a college town so for 8 months out of the year we have a pop boost of at least another 50K of poor computer-less dorm living college students+^_^+

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    Doesn't mean anything unless those net cafes are actually working together with SEGA.
    this is true, i doubt they will as PSO2 is japan only right now+^_^+ and even if they localize I'll still be on JP servers after what they did to 360 PSU+^_^+
    Last edited by Chik'Tikka; May 22, 2012 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Ultra Chicken View Post
    Didn't stop Maplestory from having net cafe-exclusive stuff on the Global servers.
    /thread. Totally forgot about that, and you can buy Nexon cash in a ton of stores around here.

Many games released in the west have had Net Café perks, nothing new, and no sign that the servers will be split.

Quote Originally Posted by RocSage View Post
    That's right. PSO2 servers will likely be split. How can I say this? What is my proof?

Considering these are not popular, if they even exist, in the west this means that the servers are likely going to be split because they likely wouldn't do something that couldn't be used by all users of a given server.

Of course, they could do it still, and in typical SEGA fashion continue to screw over its western fans, but I have to think that is highly unlikely.
    There's no evidence here as brought up previously that these internet cafe points are a unique form of currency as opposed to an alternative to cash. It can't be said conclusively that this will relate at all with a server split.
    Last edited by Taitu; May 22, 2012 at 12:01 PM.

A glare more piercing than any spear.

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    and even if they localize I'll still be on JP servers after what they did to 360 PSU+^_^+
    What they do to 360 PSU?
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Emerald EXE View Post
    What they do to 360 PSU?
    it's was over 2 years behind JP PSU, and only now starting to catch up, it's also lucky to have 1 event every 2-3 months+^_^+ idk what sort of miscommunication there is between SoJ and SoA, but it sux. that's why ima stick to the JP servers now+^_^+

Most likely it will be split.

Even JP population are already split among themselves (each ship is its own server, and characters on 1 ship can not interact with characters on other ship).

I won't be surprised non-JP PSO2 get way late update and poor support.

It is so far much closer to PSU than it is PSO.

I'm ready.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I don't think this bit of information is proof enough to justify split servers, but that question in general still seems to be up in the air.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

I thought the servers are already split in 5 ships during the beta tests