Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Ghost View Post
    Well, that and many more, like dashing and airdashing.

But hey, can you wavedash in this game?
    Well, in PSO2 there are 3 kinds of "escape action" - the escape action depend on equipped weapon.

1st: Hunter's dash - short distance fast moving short invincible time low cooldown , those bladegun use this escape action too.

2nd: Ranger's combat roll - mid distance mid moving mid invincible time mid cooldown

3rd: Caster's Mirage (or float, whatever) - LONG distance, slow moving, LONG invincible time, long cooldown (not really long, maybe just 1 second)

note: CASTER go invisible and invincible when floating-away

I think I need to find video link about it, again it is something you need to try by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakuri View Post
    lol, no. Nothing can beat the original, ever...well, unless they remake it.
    You get those rose-colored glasses soldered onto your face?

Anyway OP, PSO2 is better than PSO, PSU, and any other 'modern' PS game thus far. It takes the good elements of all of them and rolls them into one beautifully-orchestrated package.

In PSO2, you can jump, dash, airdash, instant airdash and wavedash (HU-type dash only IIRC). I'm not sure I agree with the story, the level pacing or the lack of difficulty just yet, but the combat engine itself is superior.

While I love PSO2 so far and want to play moar of it, I think it's too soon for me to say It's better than PSO. Moah needs moar time with it.
    Moah returns for moar!

Xbox Gamertag: Ultralisk27
    My youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultralisk27?feature=mhee

I don't know about PSO, but;
    Fiesta Online = +^_^+
    PSU = +^_^+
    PSO2 = +^_^+

The real fun factor comes from the fact the game is so fast paced.
    It's a true "Action RPG" and manages to hold the adrenaline rush of a fighting game.

You can bind 3 Photon artes(or techs) to a weapon and alternate through them every normal attack swing, to do a charge attack you attack right when the 'red circle' appears around your character. The flow of attacking feels very good and you have plenty of control over your character (it's not stiff at all like PSO)

It will be so worth the wait.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I tried comparing every aspect I could from PSO and PSO2 against each other. So far, the only thing PSO does better is the maps, which are more mazelike, and you can't look ahead to see if you're reaching a dead end or not, while PSO2's dead ends are much more noticeable and it's possible to rush to the boss without killing anything.

Besides that? PSO2 wins out, hands down. It did many things that PSO did well, better. And it did many things that PSO did poorly, well. PSU may have been a disappointment (Though the best chat program I've ever used), but PSO2 is looking very promising.

To sum it down:

PSO2 have superior fighting action for a RPG game,(JUMP and SHOOT in 3D TPS/MH action)

Beside that, since so far max level is 20 and only 2 planets which limiting available quest/map/skillset, let's hope new maps and quest can be more fun in further planets.

Character Design is SCI-FI Japanese anime style, you can get the idea from the benchmark which comes with character creation. It is actually a big plus for me. (And the reason that I am never going to play Diablo 3)

And the character are voiced in Japanese (for sure), I dont like any game that being dubbed or "localization". That's why I am gonna stay in JP server. AND I give 9.5/10 for JP PSO2 but only a 7/10 for US PSO2 since it will be dubbed.

I see PSO2 as a Monster Hunter. In space. With more RPG elements.

That's like the best thing.

Really? How ironic that the original PSO was the baseline Monster Hunter is based on...
    Now we all wait for the Rappy Deity of Vengeance that granted its followers eternal life to punish all humans...